Hot Deals

[WYZE] pick your price . Person detection ....Again!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 5:28 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1372 posts
107 upvotes
GTA

[WYZE] pick your price . Person detection ....Again!

Another chance to pick your price.

All current users should be receiving an email to pick your price.
Images
  • Screenshot_20201016-145446_Gmail.jpg
Last edited by speeeeee on Oct 16th, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71 replies
Jul 14, 2019
395 posts
696 upvotes
I have several WyzeCams. I signed up for $0.00 until they improve how it works (my bushes will trigger person alerts, for example), then I will happily pay a nominal fee for it. Overall though you cannot beat WyzeCams for $40.

My only complaint is they refuse to offer support to Canadians because Amazon is apparently not supposed to be selling them in Canada.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4878 posts
905 upvotes
Is this still only available to users before?
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1372 posts
107 upvotes
GTA
akz wrote: Is this still only available to users before?
it was available a little while back - now offering the chance again.
Mar 4, 2008
230 posts
406 upvotes
Thanks OP. I forgot about it the first time - I didn't get an email but was able to enter $0 and it went through for me.
Aug 16, 2009
162 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah I signed up for $0 too, mainly because the person detection right now sucks, the bushes, sun coming out, the door, so many false person detection triggers.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2919 posts
1706 upvotes
Montreal
CanadaCPU wrote: My only complaint is they refuse to offer support to Canadians because Amazon is apparently not supposed to be selling them in Canada.
This quote from /u/WyzeCoFounderDave on Sept. 22, 2020 on reddit:
We made really big progress on this today actually! I know we keep saying that we are close... but as of today we finally have a warehouse in Canada to ship out of. We signed the deal. That was a huge step. Not sure how many months onboarding will take, but it's looking much closer than ever before. My Canadian mom would be proud (or maybe not since it's taken at least a year longer than expected...real sorry Canadian friends).
Last edited by daviiiiiid on Oct 16th, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2002
2979 posts
192 upvotes
Oakville
I signed up for more than $0 because I'd rather everyone pays a few bucks than them being forced to charge everyone $10+ to compensate for the free riders.
Almost everything is going subscription based on top of paying for hardware upfront. $10 here, $15 there, seems like not much but then it adds up.
Not to mention $1/$2 fee increases (Hello Netflix) on occasion.
Death by a thousand cuts.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7003 posts
1394 upvotes
BC
CanadaCPU wrote: I have several WyzeCams. I signed up for $0.00 until they improve how it works (my bushes will trigger person alerts, for example), then I will happily pay a nominal fee for it. Overall though you cannot beat WyzeCams for $40.

My only complaint is they refuse to offer support to Canadians because Amazon is apparently not supposed to be selling them in Canada.
Take a look at Eufy; they're slightly more expensive, but the app is less buggy, motion detection works properly, and (so far) they don't charge for features that were initially advertised as being included. Image quality is also a lot better:

or this post on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/commen ... ht_vision/

They also support RTSP without needing to install an unsupported firmware.
Last edited by Kwirky on Oct 16th, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8916 posts
2833 upvotes
so if we didn't previously sign up we can do so now?.....thanks for this I just saw the email
Discomfort is your friend
Dec 7, 2012
844 posts
481 upvotes
Ontario
Just don't update your cameras' firmware and you can keep using the on-device person detection as before. The new one is server-side and requires every single motion video to be uploaded for analysis.
Your advertisement here
Jul 14, 2019
395 posts
696 upvotes
Thanks for that - looks like a very recent change.

Earlier, when one of my power bricks died, they outright refused to send me a new one. I asked what was stopping them from putting a $0.50 charger in an envelope with a stamp and sending it to me and they had no real answer.
Last edited by CanadaCPU on Oct 16th, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 7, 2011
741 posts
633 upvotes
ottawa
I signed up and a week after my camera stopped working. Didn't buy a replacement since wyze offers no support in Canada