1715 upvotes
Winnipeg

Wyze Cam v3 + Lamp Socket $59.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Wyze
It's back in stock!

Wyze Lamp Socket. Power Wyze Cam v3 and upgrade to automated lighting.

Powers Wyze Cam v3 by using exterior light fixture for continuous power. Converts standard bulbs into motion-activated security lights with easy installation. Dusk to Dawn scheduling automatically turns your lights on at sunset and off at sunrise.

101 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
2034 posts
114 upvotes
I have 3 Wyze lamp sockets for my front door and 2 front house lights on either side of my garage. After setup and scheduling, I've never had to touch those lights again. They come on at dusk and turn off at midnight. They also give me power to one front house Wyze Cam V3 which is awesome.

Also my front door light I use a Philips Hue lightbulb and I keep it dimmer, and even when the light socket turns off, when it comes back on at dusk, it keeps the same light setting (new setting in the app).

Highly recommend, especially for scheduling lights, and the Wyze Cam power.

I'm going to pick up a couple of Wyze light bulbs and tinker with some colors over the holidays.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2007
1179 posts
611 upvotes
I can't see this setup winning any beauty contests
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1908 posts
2253 upvotes
lemailme wrote: I have 3 Wyze lamp sockets for my front door and 2 front house lights on either side of my garage. After setup and scheduling, I've never had to touch those lights again. They come on at dusk and turn off at midnight. They also give me power to one front house Wyze Cam V3 which is awesome.

Also my front door light I use a Philips Hue lightbulb and I keep it dimmer, and even when the light socket turns off, when it comes back on at dusk, it keeps the same light setting (new setting in the app).

Highly recommend, especially for scheduling lights, and the Wyze Cam power.

I'm going to pick up a couple of Wyze light bulbs and tinker with some colors over the holidays.
How does it perform in winter? And I'm guessing it needs a subscription to view footage?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5208 posts
2468 upvotes
Winnipeg
Masernaut wrote: How does it perform in winter?
I'm curious too.

@FrostyWinnipeg are you using this one outside in winter?
This isn't a blog.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1981 posts
1374 upvotes
How do you get just the socket? I have two lights outside. Want two sockets, but only one camera.

Edit: Looks like socket isn't sold in Canada, US only. That's so dumb.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1981 posts
1374 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: I have been using a poor man's solution - a screw in lightbulb plug with 2 side sockets similar to these:

- https://www.amazon.ca/Leviton-1403-I-Ou ... 8779&psc=1

- https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/levi ... s#store=79
Doesn't that look messy with the USB adapter and also the cable?

If the lamp socket is $15 it makes more sense to do that it way for the automatic light control.
Mar 17, 2014
859 posts
640 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks op, was out of stock last week. grabbed 2 to replace my aging v2 cameras. socket will be used for my garage light (outside)
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28104 posts
8295 upvotes
Hamilton
djpr wrote: Doesn't that look messy with the USB adapter and also the cable?

If the lamp socket is $15 it makes more sense to do that it way for the automatic light control.
Yeah for sure. $15 is worth the automatic light control.
hated on but respected.
Aug 23, 2022
7 posts
14 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Yeah for sure. $15 is worth the automatic light control.
+ 6$ shipping

wyze v3 is available for 38 after PM with petsmart so thats 21 difference + 6$ shipping + extra GST :)

instead one can just use normal 6$ socket and put smart bulb
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2880 posts
1334 upvotes
QC, Canada
Wow, time to try to find something like this on aliexpress Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1981 posts
1374 upvotes
Singhg wrote: + 6$ shipping

wyze v3 is available for 38 after PM with petsmart so thats 21 difference + 6$ shipping + extra GST :)

instead one can just use normal 6$ socket and put smart bulb

It's $10,98 in US wyze site. Once they start selling it in Canada it should be around the same price.

Also as I said earlier you need a USB adapter or you can use the wyze cam included one, but that will be really clunky beside your lightbulb.
Oct 24, 2019
815 posts
1411 upvotes
Edmonton
Masernaut wrote: How does it perform in winter? And I'm guessing it needs a subscription to view footage?
Got three cameras, two outside and a in the garage. all have been through an Edmonton Winter with no problems.
None of them get snow directly on them so it just has to deal with the cold temps.

With an SD card you can watch all the footage you want for free on your phone or desktop.
Dec 30, 2020
13 posts
126 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: I have been using a poor man's solution - a screw in lightbulb plug with 2 side sockets similar to these:

- https://www.amazon.ca/Leviton-1403-I-Ou ... 8779&psc=1

- https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/levi ... s#store=79
Actually been using this setup since wyze v2, however you lose the ability to turn off the light and keep the camera on if you use a switch to control it. With the offical wyze, you don't have to worry and you also get the Dusk to Dawn scheduling that automatically turns your lights on at sunset and off at sunrise so it makes it worth it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2851 posts
1715 upvotes
Winnipeg
jcon wrote: I'm curious too.

@FrostyWinnipeg are you using this one outside in winter?
Not yet Jcon but yet to hear from anyone that their cams went cold on them.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
2034 posts
114 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: How does it perform in winter? And I'm guessing it needs a subscription to view footage?
I installed them in March, so haven't been through a full winter yet (I'm also in Vancouver).

I added in a SD card for playback of about 2 weeks, which doesn't need a subscription. 12 second video events are stores free (motion/sound)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3686 posts
920 upvotes
GTA North
I can see somebody just ripping the camera off the wall.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Jul 23, 2011
763 posts
530 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I'm in Winnipeg, used all last year, no issues.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)