Expired Hot Deals

[Wyzecam] Cheap 1080p wifi security cam $19.99US!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 6:39 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 11, 2017
458 posts
503 upvotes

Cheap 1080p wifi security cam $19.99US!

Deal Link:
Price:
19.99US
Retailer:
Wyzecam
I have been researching cheap security cameras for a couple of days and kept getting recommendations for the Xaofang, but you have to hack it to get it to work in North America. Then i stumbled upon the Wyzecam. This is basically the same camera except they use their own user friendly software that is available for use in Canada, it also comes with free cloud storage via AWS! You can get it through their website directly or from Amazon.com, unfortunately both are backordered and both don't ship to Canada, so you'll have to use a shipping service or a US address. I just ordered 4 for $97US.
Last edited by Bella125 on Dec 22nd, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
578 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2039 posts
292 upvotes
Burlington
Don't put it in your bed room.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 14, 2006
639 posts
200 upvotes
electricJP wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 11:15 am
Cloud only :(
Really? cant be hacked to send to NAS to view live from phone?
Nov 25, 2010
18 posts
26 upvotes
Laval
I got one 2 weeks ago, it works pretty good. You can watch the camera feed live on your phone.
The only complain I would have is that the 2 way audio isn't the clearest/loudest
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11206 posts
3512 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lilmikey wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 11:24 am
If you want to hack it to use with NAS and other security surveillance software like Blue Iris and iVideon get the Xiaofang version from a Chinese retailer (GB, Tomtop, etc.) They are as cheap if not a couple dollars cheaper when they are on sale. The hack enables RTSP streaming from these IP cameras which opens it up for use with other surveillance programs out there that support IP cameras.
May 7, 2013
12 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Sucks that it doesn't ship to Canada. Amazon.ca price is $37 cdn. How did you get it shipped to cdn?
Aug 27, 2010
46 posts
32 upvotes
Québec, Canada
electricJP wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 11:15 am
Cloud only :(
There's a microSD option advertised on their website.
[OP]
Jul 11, 2017
458 posts
503 upvotes
nanictech wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 11:49 am
Sucks that it doesn't ship to Canada. Amazon.ca price is $37 cdn. How did you get it shipped to cdn?
I have a US mailbox.
[OP]
Jul 11, 2017
458 posts
503 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 11:37 am
If you want to hack it to use with NAS and other security surveillance software like Blue Iris and iVideon get the Xiaofang version from a Chinese retailer (GB, Tomtop, etc.) They are as cheap if not a couple dollars cheaper when they are on sale. The hack enables RTSP streaming from these IP cameras which opens it up for use with other surveillance programs out there that support IP cameras.
There is a github hack for this also.
Jan 23, 2014
124 posts
74 upvotes
Montréal
lilmikey wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 11:24 am
from the faq:

Can alert videos be stored on a private cloud or NAS device?
No, the WyzeCam cannot be configured to save alert videos to a private cloud or NAS device.
Jan 23, 2014
124 posts
74 upvotes
Montréal
allaire wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 11:51 am
There's a microSD option advertised on their website.
Can the WyzeCam record to a microSD card when there is no internet (wi-fi) available?
To view your recorded footage, you can either bring your WyzeCam back to an area that is covered by the wi-fi network it was set up in and use the Playback feature in the Wyze App, or remove the microSD card from your WyzeCam to view the raw video files (mp4 format) on a computer. When you return the microSD card to your WyzeCam, it will resume continuous recording.

Does the WyzeCam have a web interface?
The WyzeCam can only be used with the Wyze App on a smartphone device (iOS or Android). There is no web interface.

Does the WyzeCam support IP camera streaming services like RTSP?
The WyzeCam does not support IP camera streaming services like RTSP.
Aug 9, 2012
109 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK
This is indoor only right? how is it power connected ? hard wired or plug?