Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2015
1166 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Wyzecam question - stolen Parcel

Hi guys

Have a question about the wyzecam v2

I believe I only set up my camera to record events only even though I recently put in a microSD card into it (I don't think I set it up on the camera yet). I know I have to set it up recording continuously now via microSD.

Looks like I can only go into notifications and see 12 second events. It looks like it didn't capture an incident where my parcel got taken away. For any miraculous reason is there a way to dig it out via playback?

I think I know the answer is tough luck or ask my neighbor for evidence...

Just hoping!

Thx
3 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10890 posts
4365 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The file structure is pretty straightforward as it's organized in folders by date, then hour (using the 24 hour clock), and then the individual video files by the minute (ie each file is a minute long) in an .mp4 file.

So, all you would need to do is to remove microSD card, and go to the date and the hours where you believe it took place - if you don't see the folder with the date it took place, then you are out of luck...
Oct 1, 2009
331 posts
114 upvotes
West coast
If you click on the device (or whatever name you use for your camera), there should be a playback button but you might have to scroll through the approximate time you think the event happened if you don't know the actual time