Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[XB1/PS4/PC] The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit *Free on 26 June 2018

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2018 4:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21528 upvotes
Toronto

[XB1/PS4/PC] The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit *Free on 26 June 2018

Words cannot accurately express how excited we are to reveal The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit to you! This self-contained and completely free narrative Life is Strange experience will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam) on June 26, 2018. You read that right - you won’t have to pay anything at all to get this stand-alone adventure that will also give you glimpse into Life is Strange 2’s brand-new story… but only if you’re clever enough to piece the clues together!

PSN - https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/pro ... 0000000000
Microsoft - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/captain-spirit
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/845070
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3333 upvotes
it says free demo not free the game
nevermind im in maritimes its the 26 a hour earlier :D
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2719 posts
2183 upvotes
Says demo on PSN...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1677 posts
4932 upvotes
Montreal
Grab it cus it was offered up to me.
Seems most people complete it in roughly over an hour and the negative feedback mostly mention it being a glorified demo that ends in a cliffhanger to go buy life is strange 2 when it comes out.
Some seem to mention it being uninteresting until near the end of the game.
Also some people mocking square enix for adding denuvo, some drm on a free game...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2719 posts
2183 upvotes
Checked PSN, XBN, and Steam and it all shows demo
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Nov 30, 2009
327 posts
46 upvotes
Winnipeg
it's like every other telltale game first episode is always free to hook you on the story to force you to buy the future episodes(it will always say demo)
I'll tell you what i do like: A killer, a dyed-in-the-wool killer, cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough - Zorg
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3156 posts
6012 upvotes
London, Ontario
Just to let people know there are no achievements/trophies in the game/demo. It's annoying that at E3 when Dontnod teased this being free that they made it sound like it was going to be a free game and never said anything about it being a demo.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4189 posts
4681 upvotes
Ottawa
Dunno why people were expecting it not to say demo. I'm guessing people aren't happy that there are no trophies for it. -shrug-
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.
Apr 10, 2009
258 posts
317 upvotes
Please update the title to state that it's the demo and then remove it from Hot Deals unless the demo didn't use to be free.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10551 upvotes
Oakville
Batarang wrote: Dunno why people were expecting it not to say demo. I'm guessing people aren't happy that there are no trophies for it. -shrug-
Because it was described as a standalone game, and not a demo?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4189 posts
4681 upvotes
Ottawa
wearysky wrote: Because it was described as a standalone game, and not a demo?
How is it a demo if it's the full length "standalone game"? You're making it sound like there is one and this is the demo for it.
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10551 upvotes
Oakville
Batarang wrote: How is it a demo if it's the full length "standalone game"? You're making it sound like there is one and this is the demo for it.
Well, the problem is that their announcement says it's a standalone game, then you go to their actual website, where there's a big "FREE DEMO" banner. So... One might be inclined to believe that it's a demo, I guess?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)