Shopping Discussion

Locked: Xbox 360 barcodes scan in the same?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2008 12:56 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1386 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver

Xbox 360 barcodes scan in the same?

i got a game as a gift from futureshop, but they do not have the game i want. if i take it to london drugs (without reciept) and ask for exchange only, will the game scan in their system without a problem?
Share:
9 replies
Jan 9, 2007
227 posts
11 upvotes
Ontario
why not try a different FS or wait instead of trying to rip off another store
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1386 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
B Prime wrote: why not try a different FS or wait instead of trying to rip off another store
don't want to wait. plus since both games are the same price it is not really ripping off. i called LD and told em i got it as a gift and im not sure where it is from, the guy said it is fine to exchange.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
120 upvotes
vancityguy wrote: don't want to wait. plus since both games are the same price it is not really ripping off. i called LD and told em i got it as a gift and im not sure where it is from, the guy said it is fine to exchange.
Call them back and tell them you got it from Future Shop but they don't have the game you want. If they still say it's fine, then exchange it. Otherwise you are ripping them off.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1386 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
spf1971 wrote: Call them back and tell them you got it from Future Shop but they don't have the game you want. If they still say it's fine, then exchange it. Otherwise you are ripping them off.
ripping them off by trading a game for another equal amount game?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
120 upvotes
vancityguy wrote: ripping them off by trading a game for another equal amount game?
Ripping them off by returning a game you know came from somewhere else. If there is nothing wrong about it they'll let you exchange it. Or is there another reason you lied when you said you didn't know where the game was bought?
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14279 posts
1156 upvotes
fraud is illegal.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1386 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
exchanged it. they did not care where it was from or even ask, since it was sealed.
Jan 28, 2008
19 posts
Ottawa
vancityguy wrote: exchanged it. they did not care where it was from or even ask, since it was sealed.
Nicely done. Everyone here is just too uptight. I wouldn't believe for a second that everyone in this thread is a 'Saint'.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
2943 posts
80 upvotes
Vernon
Ojam wrote: fraud is illegal.
Very Illegal. OP also just admitted to it. Tssk, Tssk, Tssk.