• Feb 10th, 2021 4:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1371 posts
335 upvotes
Ottawa, On

XBOX 360 Game storage on hdd

We were recently given an XBOX 360, unfortunately, it didn't come with any game disks. That said if I turn it on there are several games installed which I seem to be able to play without a game disk. Is this going to last? What if I sign out of the account of the previous owner or go online?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3026 posts
508 upvotes
Toronto
If it's a legit xbox 360, I believe a disc is required to play games on the HDD, if it's not a downloaded game. And of course if you sign out of xbox live, you'll need to know the password of the account to get back in.

If it's a modded 360, different story.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7747 posts
1168 upvotes
Did you not ask the previous owner? There are many games downloaded from the store that work without a disk inside
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3085 posts
3177 upvotes
GTA
CFRTim wrote: Did you not ask the previous owner? There are many games downloaded from the store that work without a disk inside
This.

If it was given to you, it would be to your advantage to get the account info, assuming the previous owner doesn't use the account anymore. Also, If you log out of it you'll lose access to games, and if they change their login info, same deal.
If you want to set up a new account on it, I believe you'll lose any digital titles, and the drive will be taken up by the old account's games, reducing storage size. If they gave it to you, get all the login info.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7747 posts
1168 upvotes
Alright, this thread prompted me to bring my X360 out of retirement. I just learned that Game Pass doesn't work on the X360, and that's too bad Disappointed Face Still have lots of games on disc, including some fun party games and peripherals
I have the original 120GB Elite version, and I know over the years I have accumulated many games digitally, is there a way to see them
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2392 posts
1016 upvotes
Montreal, QC
CFRTim wrote: Alright, this thread prompted me to bring my X360 out of retirement. I just learned that Game Pass doesn't work on the X360, and that's too bad Disappointed Face Still have lots of games on disc, including some fun party games and peripherals
I have the original 120GB Elite version, and I know over the years I have accumulated many games digitally, is there a way to see them
You can look for the download history on the console itself or you could look up the download history on your account on Xbox live and not Microsoft (which is limited to 5 years)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7747 posts
1168 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote: You can look for the download history on the console itself or you could look up the download history on your account on Xbox live and not Microsoft (which is limited to 5 years)
LOL, thanks but I'll have to go back a lot more than that. I guess the console itself, but I believe I have claimed many Games with Gold over the years, just never actually installed them