PC & Video Games

Xbox Cloud Gaming on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One/S/X for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Members.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 1:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto

Xbox Cloud Gaming on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One/S/X for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Members.

Xbox Cloud Gaming is coming to consoles for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Members and all Xbox One users can keep playing next gen games on their console through cloud gaming.

18 replies
Apr 18, 2017
806 posts
1668 upvotes
I like Game Pass - but unless this somehow lowers the cost, it's not a deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2913 posts
1615 upvotes
west Island MTL
why post this is hot deal went it aint ??Black Question Mark Ornament
Where There is Fear There Is No Deal
Aug 22, 2012
721 posts
1090 upvotes
Oh, that is pretty awesome actually. Honestly I was looking for a PS5 since launch but finally caved and bought a Series X instead, then a few weeks later got a call from Shoppers that a PS5 was available so I bought that too.

I'd say my gameplay has been 80% Xbox, 20% PS5 so far. GamePass is just too good. Oh and my PS5 controller's L2 broke within 3 days, and they wanted me to pay for shipping it back, so **** Sony. Walmart returns cleared that up pretty quickly instead but that's a bit off topic I know

I've played Haven via cloud gaming on my phone with a controller and the experience was smooth. Love that they're continually adding new things!

Also going to plug Hades since it recently came to GamePass. Absolutely incredible game that you should play ASAP if you subscribe. Best game I have played in years.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2013
1267 posts
696 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
I tried the cloud gaming and its a bit laggy. and I have a 10900k system with 1gb ethernet. Maybe I'll try again in the future.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Nov 17, 2007
480 posts
1624 upvotes
Canada
This is great news for anyone with Game Pass, as the value of the service just keeps going up. I know that others have had mixed experiences with Cloud Gaming, but it has been almost perfectly stable for me and allowed me to game when in a hotel / at the airport / wherever. It isn't perfect, but it is amazing tech and with the proliferation of Game Pass, it is becoming widely adopted and accessible.
Came for the deals...stayed...for the deals.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3778 posts
5883 upvotes
That's pretty sweet for anyone with Game Pass on a last gen Xbox 1 who hasn't upgraded to XSeries yet. You'll be able to stream next gen Xbox 1st party/some 3rd party games on a last gen console.
Dec 24, 2012
955 posts
1384 upvotes
Terrebonne
crazyea wrote: I tried the cloud gaming and its a bit laggy. and I have a 10900k system with 1gb ethernet. Maybe I'll try again in the future.
Bandwidth isn't that important - latency and jitter are. I have 120Mbps with Fizz and get pings like 12ms when gaming online - lag is rare.
Oct 10, 2011
185 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
KarlDag wrote: Bandwidth isn't that important - latency and jitter are. I have 120Mbps with Fizz and get pings like 12ms when gaming online - lag is rare.
Thank you! So many people post their download speeds. It's not that important overall but something people just default to.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2013
1267 posts
696 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
KarlDag wrote: Bandwidth isn't that important - latency and jitter are. I have 120Mbps with Fizz and get pings like 12ms when gaming online - lag is rare.
That's cool and everything but it felt like every input was severely delayed and my ping is 2ms. 1gb fiber.

I have no such issues playing pc or console games on my network.

EDIT: Maybe lag was a bad word to use. The input delay is severe.
Last edited by crazyea on Aug 24th, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Aug 22, 2012
721 posts
1090 upvotes
crazyea wrote: That's cool and everything but it felt like every input was severely delayed and my ping is 1ms. 1gb fiber.
Are you pinging your own router? 1ms? Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 22, 2012
721 posts
1090 upvotes
crazyea wrote: Image
Astonished Face
No but seriously there's something else going on if you experience input delay with cloud gaming. I've played at work on the corp WiFi with VPN just fine. It's not the service IMO
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2013
1267 posts
696 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
Enforcer22 wrote: Astonished Face
No but seriously there's something else going on if you experience input delay with cloud gaming. I've played at work on the corp WiFi with VPN just fine. It's not the service IMO
https://www.reddit.com/r/xcloud/comment ... on_xcloud/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbo ... 41aee1cd5b

https://xbox-forums.com/threads/input-l ... et.446975/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xcloud/comment ... oud_worse/

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3616152 ... owser.html

Yeh, it must be my system. lol
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2279 posts
2073 upvotes
Where I live, this is just not worth using at all really. Local streaming is ok, but its such a big step down from native gaming even on a last gen console.
Aug 31, 2008
825 posts
424 upvotes
Pretty cool to have this feature since the new gen consoles are still coming out at a trickle.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1073 posts
1170 upvotes
User131439 wrote: I like Game Pass - but unless this somehow lowers the cost, it's not a deal.
Xcloud is included in GamePass Ultimate
Nov 5, 2011
224 posts
194 upvotes
crazyea wrote: That's cool and everything but it felt like every input was severely delayed and my ping is 2ms. 1gb fiber.

I have no such issues playing pc or console games on my network.

EDIT: Maybe lag was a bad word to use. The input delay is severe.
I guess the 2ms here is to ping the Speedtest server. To have a better idea, shouldn’t we ping the Xbox Cloud Gaming server? Anyone know how to do this?
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10238 posts
3747 upvotes
User131439 wrote: I like Game Pass - but unless this somehow lowers the cost, it's not a deal.
I'm getting my Game Pass Ultimate for free lately, thanks to MS Rewards points. but even before that I got it for less than $5/month
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)