Expired Hot Deals

[Xbox Game Pass] The Outer Worlds, Dishonored 2, World War Z, Yooka Laylee, Fallout: New Vegas, and More coming in October

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2019 9:11 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1639 posts
1178 upvotes
Windsor

The Outer Worlds, Dishonored 2, World War Z, Yooka Laylee, Fallout: New Vegas, and More coming in October

Retailer:
Xbox Game Pass

Up now
Dishonored 2
World War Z
Yooka Laylee

October 17th
Fallout: New Vegas
Felix The Reaper
Panzer Dragoon Orta

October 25
The Outer Worlds

Link to August's lineup
September's lineup

Current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate upgrade deal is still active, check it out here
Last edited by mymuro on Oct 12th, 2019 7:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
32 replies
Dec 16, 2015
131 posts
58 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
so it says console, but i see further down in the article that they're coming for PC as well? can anyone confirm?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15177 posts
1858 upvotes
Oshawa
Meh. Played everything I'm interested in ages ago. MS is going to have to up their game if they want this to succeed.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Nov 22, 2013
712 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
Why can't World War Z be now!?!??! I rented that and it is some mindless fun I could use right now.

A good month with Dishonored 2 added also.
Jun 10, 2011
504 posts
380 upvotes
gears 5 on August, the Outer worlds in October, it's a pretty solid line up...
JAC wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 10:43 pm
Meh. Played everything I'm interested in ages ago. MS is going to have to up their game if they want this to succeed.
Nov 22, 2004
345 posts
122 upvotes
JAC wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 10:43 pm
I don't think these subscriptions target those who spend a lot of time playing games, but those who did when they were young and only play very casually now due to limited time. This subscription has gotten me to play games I would never have played (and pay for expansions and sequels to these games). It's a great value for a lot of people.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7065 posts
3346 upvotes
Toronto
puckhead wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2019 12:24 am
I don't think these subscriptions target those who spend a lot of time playing games, but those who did when they were young and only play very casually now due to limited time. This subscription has gotten me to play games I would never have played (and pay for expansions and sequels to these games). It's a great value for a lot of people.
Yup I would've never even considered spending $80 to play either Gears 5 or Outer Worlds at launch, but $6 to play both and dozens of other games until December was a no brainer. I spent almost double that on lunch yesterday
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1639 posts
1178 upvotes
Windsor
Dishonored 2 is up.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2831 posts
1526 upvotes
Woo!

Outer Worlds, awesome! I was looking forward to that game.

I'm a PS4 gamer mainly, but I have an xb1 just for gamepass and 4K movies.

Excited for the end of the month now!
Mar 22, 2017
597 posts
484 upvotes
Dishonoured 2 is a really, really good game. The level design is extraordinary, the best I've ever seen. I found the story a bit flat somehow but I'd highly recommend it if you enjoy games of the style.

Outer Worlds somehow I feel it'll be a janky mess, but I'll likely love it anyways.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1668 posts
1009 upvotes
So I have what is likely a dumb question, considering doing the whole upgrade max bs thing which is awesome, but does the Xbox Game Pass get me the pass for both the PC and Xbone? Or is it 2 separate passes or what? Mostly trying to justify going for it since i pay for PS+ already and don't really need this, but if I got the PC games as well that would be a nice plus
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Sep 7, 2014
839 posts
923 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
grumble wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 8:21 am
Outer Worlds somehow I feel it'll be a janky mess, but I'll likely love it anyways.
I agree, but it will be Obsidian jank, so it's got a certain charm to it lol (re: New Vegas).
LoANeal wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 9:49 am
does the Xbox Game Pass get me the pass for both the PC and Xbone? Or is it 2 separate passes or what? Mostly trying to justify going for it since i pay for PS+ already and don't really need this, but if I got the PC games as well that would be a nice plus
Depends. There's three subs: Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass PC, and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Do you own an Xbox AND a gaming PC? If so then Game Pass Ultimate is the best since you get both console and PC games, plus your Xbox Live sub is included in there.

If you JUST own a PC then the PC one is probably best.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1668 posts
1009 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 10:26 am
Depends. There's three subs: Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass PC, and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Do you own an Xbox AND a gaming PC? If so then Game Pass Ultimate is the best since you get both console and PC games, plus your Xbox Live sub is included in there.

If you JUST own a PC then the PC one is probably best.
Well the upgrade deal is for ultimate so I'll be going for that. But thanks for the clarification. Time to do that when I get back on Monday I suppose, especially since it includes PC games on top of the Xbone ones. I can see why people were spazzing about it now...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.