• Dec 2nd, 2020 7:34 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1049 posts
322 upvotes
Nova Scotia

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Family?

So for the first time my son and I ran into an issue with our Xbox Consoles and Ultimate (I think or maybe Gold Sharing?) . He was playing Star Wars Battlefront (GP Game) with his friends in multiplayer. I decided to play a bit of What remains of Edith Finch (also GP Game) and it told me it would sign my account out of the other console for me to play finch. Is this due to him playing online MP through SW while I tried to play edith and they are both Gamepass titles? or does it have something to do with him having to use my sign in GT in order to play MP with SW? Sorry maybe this is widely known but it is the first time I had to shut down my console for him to continue playing. Hopefully I explained things ok.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1693 posts
542 upvotes
It's due to using the same GT. If you are game sharing then why is he even using yours? He's able to use his own GT to play online.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1049 posts
322 upvotes
Nova Scotia
inocent wrote: It's due to using the same GT. If you are game sharing then why is he even using yours? He's able to use his own GT to play online.
It would not let him play the game online with his gamertag.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1693 posts
542 upvotes
That's weird, his console is your home Xbox I assume? Could it be age restriction thing if you have that setup for his GT.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5543 posts
1205 upvotes
calgary
I have a setup very similar to this with my son.

As long as the console he is playing in is designated the "home console" with your gamertag anybody (including him) should be able to login and play whatever games/subscriptions you own.

If not than he would have to log you in on the side and play on his account. In that case it would boot him out if you logged in on a different console.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1049 posts
322 upvotes
Nova Scotia
SpicYMchaggis wrote: I have a setup very similar to this with my son.

As long as the console he is playing in is designated the "home console" with your gamertag anybody (including him) should be able to login and play whatever games/subscriptions you own.

If not than he would have to log you in on the side and play on his account. In that case it would boot him out if you logged in on a different console.
Yeas his console is the "home console" and I did check the age restrictions and he is good for Battlefront. He can play any game that I own including game pass titles. It was just a weird situation last night as we usually do not game at the same time. He was in a party with his friends playing BF and it popped on my console when I tried to load Edith Finch. He was signed into my GT for BF so I believe that is what caused it. When he tries to sign in to BF MP using his GT it says he does not have a subscription....which is weird cause he is using my Gold. Edit Finch is certainly not an online title that I know of so not sure...