PC & Video Games

Xbox Game Pass: What you're playing, what you recommend, and games you're looking forward to!

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2022 2:20 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2852 posts
1351 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Tried R6 extraction.. This is not a single player game. So boring.

Also finishing the Hitman trilogy. 3 is incredibly short, there's only 4 missions... Good thing I didn't buy
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
9471 posts
2958 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote: Tried R6 extraction.. This is not a single player game. So boring.

Also finishing the Hitman trilogy. 3 is incredibly short, there's only 4 missions... Good thing I didn't buy
That's what makes Game Pass such great value. I also enjoy single player games a lot, so paying full price for some rather short games it's a no go since GPU
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2852 posts
1351 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Yeah. I can't stand fully price game that ends up being very short but I also can't stand incredibly long game where they just pad it with stupid repetitive side quests.

Anyway, Hitman 3 is basically just an expansion when 1 and 2 were full fledge games. A real shame for such a great series...
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13141 posts
2577 upvotes
Vancouver
Maybe not the right thread BUT if I buy a game key for the USA will it work on my console or thru xbox account?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5930 posts
1719 upvotes
calgary
trellaine201 wrote: Maybe not the right thread BUT if I buy a game key for the USA will it work on my console or thru xbox account?

Thanks
yes
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5930 posts
1719 upvotes
calgary
Im not a fan of Rainbow Six or basically any Ubisoft games but I've found Rainbow Six Extraction to be quite enjoyable.
Anyone else tried it?

Its a much different take on the L4D formula so don't go in expecting anything like that..
Instead of running through levels facing off against hordes of enemies they drop you into a smaller map give you a bunch of random objectives and you have to stealth your way through to accomplish them.
If you fail to use stealth you will "wake" the nests that are littered around the level which will spawn enemies until they kill you or you clear the nests in that area (you can clear the nests before they "wake" making your life super easy).

Also I've been playing Nobody Saves the World with my Son.
I wasn't sure what to expect going in, its nothing at all like Guacamelee and more a Diablo Style Dungeon crawler without loot but a cool leveling tree that unlocks a huge variety of different characters and abilities.
Its also plays great in short bursts and has mobile/touch control so it's a fun game to play if you got 15-20 minutes or so.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
8453 posts
1879 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Im not a fan of Rainbow Six or basically any Ubisoft games but I've found Rainbow Six Extraction to be quite enjoyable.
Anyone else tried it?

Its a much different take on the L4D formula so don't go in expecting anything like that..
Instead of running through levels facing off against hordes of enemies they drop you into a smaller map give you a bunch of random objectives and you have to stealth your way through to accomplish them.
If you fail to use stealth you will "wake" the nests that are littered around the level which will spawn enemies until they kill you or you clear the nests in that area (you can clear the nests before they "wake" making your life super easy).

Also I've been playing Nobody Saves the World with my Son.
I wasn't sure what to expect going in, its nothing at all like Guacamelee and more a Diablo Style Dungeon crawler without loot but a cool leveling tree that unlocks a huge variety of different characters and abilities.
Its also plays great in short bursts and has mobile/touch control so it's a fun game to play if you got 15-20 minutes or so.
We didn't like it. We were actually looking forward to a story campaign with PvE co-op but this wasn't it.

This game is hella confusing for no reason. Not sure how to progress sometimes and we just lost interest like after one or two missions lol. No clear progress path, no story, just objectives after objectives.

The game play just isn't our cup of tea. There's nothing to write home about regarding gameplay, story, graphics, everything basically.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5930 posts
1719 upvotes
calgary
jeffyjaixx wrote: We didn't like it. We were actually looking forward to a story campaign with PvE co-op but this wasn't it.

This game is hella confusing for no reason. Not sure how to progress sometimes and we just lost interest like after one or two missions lol. No clear progress path, no story, just objectives after objectives.

The game play just isn't our cup of tea. There's nothing to write home about regarding gameplay, story, graphics, everything basically.
Yeah it's not like B4B in that you cant just hop in and start playing and enjoy it immediately and kind of pick it up the nuances as you go.
The story is nothing to write home about (actually full disclosure I just skipped all the cutscenes) and the progress path is nothing like your typical game and much more akin to your typical multiplayer game where progress is tied to doing random challenges.

In terms of gameplay. You need a baseline understanding of what is happening which you I think they expect you to go through all the training missions to learn the nuances of the game before hopping in.
I didn't do any of that because I typically like to just hop in and learn and I probably would have bounced off it too but thankfully I had a freind who did and he was able to break it down and answer my gameplay related questions as we proceeded through the missions.

Once you kind of get past all that stuff though its super fun, not sure a lot of people will have the patience to do that though, I mean I typically wouldn't have.
Getting in an out of a mission well completing all of your objectives properly and not alerting any enemies or awakening any hives is super satisfying.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
8453 posts
1879 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Yeah it's not like B4B in that you cant just hop in and start playing and enjoy it immediately and kind of pick it up the nuances as you go.
The story is nothing to write home about (actually full disclosure I just skipped all the cutscenes) and the progress path is nothing like your typical game and much more akin to your typical multiplayer game where progress is tied to doing random challenges.

In terms of gameplay. You need a baseline understanding of what is happening which you I think they expect you to go through all the training missions to learn the nuances of the game before hopping in.
I didn't do any of that because I typically like to just hop in and learn and I probably would have bounced off it too but thankfully I had a freind who did and he was able to break it down and answer my gameplay related questions as we proceeded through the missions.

Once you kind of get past all that stuff though its super fun, not sure a lot of people will have the patience to do that though, I mean I typically wouldn't have.
Getting in an out of a mission well completing all of your objectives properly and not alerting any enemies or awakening any hives is super satisfying.
My group likes just all in your face mindless blast 'em mode so stealth is super boring haha, but glad you are liking the change of pace.

Left 4 Dead, World War Z, even Back 4 Blood to an extent was better than this IMO.
Mar 1, 2015
275 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
I am enjoying R6 Extraction. You can technically mindless blast lol it'll just be harder. L4D, WWZ, and B4B are definitely good options. But all those games have a nonexistent story and similar progression. The card system is interesting in B4B but I think the gunplay is better in Extraction
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8352 posts
8346 upvotes
Toronto
Coming to Gamepass:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8352 posts
8346 upvotes
Toronto
Coming to Gamepass May 17:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
9471 posts
2958 upvotes
Game Pass keeps on adding...
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5334 posts
2314 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone check out Windjammers 2? It's basically a fancy version of Pong if it were turned into a sport/fighting game, but it's really fun and pretty challenging. Matches last a few minutes, and it's easy to jump in and out. I just started yesterday and I haven't even dared to try playing online, but even arcade mode is fun. It's the same devs as Streets of Rage 4 to give you an idea of the pedigree.

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2003
1797 posts
292 upvotes
Scarborough
Am I just blind or is Rainbow Six Extraction not available for PC through Game Pass? I can play it on my Xbox, I can play it on my PC through XCloud, but for the life of me I can't find the option to install on PC through the Xbox app.
Ever wanted to shoot guns legally? See here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ever-wan ... n-1185701/
Public Mobile $10/month plan
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1921 posts
1140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tritium4ever wrote: Am I just blind or is Rainbow Six Extraction not available for PC through Game Pass? I can play it on my Xbox, I can play it on my PC through XCloud, but for the life of me I can't find the option to install on PC through the Xbox app.
Yeah, I can't see it either on the Xbox app on PC.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
8453 posts
1879 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tritium4ever wrote: Am I just blind or is Rainbow Six Extraction not available for PC through Game Pass? I can play it on my Xbox, I can play it on my PC through XCloud, but for the life of me I can't find the option to install on PC through the Xbox app.
Niklasky wrote: Yeah, I can't see it either on the Xbox app on PC.
There's an icon at the top on Xbox Gamepass app where it brings you to Ubisoft Connect where you need to link up your Xbox account then you can download the game natively on the Ubisoft Connect app. It's not on Xbox app on PC.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2003
1797 posts
292 upvotes
Scarborough
jeffyjaixx wrote: There's an icon at the top on Xbox Gamepass app where it brings you to Ubisoft Connect where you need to link up your Xbox account then you can download the game natively on the Ubisoft Connect app. It's not on Xbox app on PC.
Thanks!

Kinda weird that the Xbox app has account linking options for Steam/EA/Twitch/etc in-app but not Ubisoft. The Ubisoft Connect launcher is even worse, it has zero account linking options (it redirects you to the Ubisoft website, which is annoying). Honestly this whole reliance on Ubisoft Connect is dumb, you don't have to go through all these hoops to play the EA titles on Game Pass.

I might give it a try through XCloud first to decide if I want to bother doing all this lol.
Ever wanted to shoot guns legally? See here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ever-wan ... n-1185701/
Public Mobile $10/month plan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)