January 20th hitman trilogy on gamepass
51 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10095 posts
4078 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Very nice. Glad I held off buying.

Basically if you own Xbox, just buy Gamepass. Even sweeter if you have a decent PC to have even more games.
Dec 28, 2006
970 posts
494 upvotes
dang xbox gamepass keeps dropping awesome titles. Happy I get to try out a current gen Hitman game now.

Slightly related news: Sony recently asked retailers to stop selling PS Now gift cards, which could be a big sign that their new "Gamepass" competing subscription service is almost here. I am holding out for this, hoping they will put their best games on the service (Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Demon Souls, hopefully early releases of Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo and God of War 2, etc)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony- ... 0-6499597/
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3151 posts
2633 upvotes
Markham
Pretty awesome. Already had the first two but held off the third… glad I did!

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1680 posts
2409 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Impressive...and I believe the Hitman development company IO Interactive has been looking for a buyer for themselves...Thinking Face
swaghunter wrote: dang xbox gamepass keeps dropping awesome titles. Happy I get to try out a current gen Hitman game now.

Slightly related news: Sony recently asked retailers to stop selling PS Now gift cards, which could be a big sign that their new "Gamepass" competing subscription service is almost here. I am holding out for this, hoping they will put their best games on the service (Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Demon Souls, hopefully early releases of Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo and God of War 2, etc)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony- ... 0-6499597/
As someone who plays on all platforms (and personally uses their PS5 as an exclusive machine)...man I wish!

I can guarantee that Sony will absolutely not put their exclusives on their Game Pass equivalent upon release. They still have the clout to make people buy their games.

I love Game Pass though so I'll wait to see how good this subscription end up being.

Also this was said: This new service, which is codenamed Spartacus, would have three tiers. One would offer current PlayStation Plus perks, another would include a catalog of PS4 and “eventually” PS5 games, and a third would have “extended demos, game streaming and a library of classic PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP games"

No mention of their first party exclusives, but the "eventually PS5 games" makes me hopeful as I am always about a year or two behind any given big game release. I don't think I've bought a full price game in like 10 years lol.

EDIT: not true, I bought RDR2 on release!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2493 posts
1967 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: Impressive...and I believe the Hitman development company IO Interactive has been looking for a buyer for themselves...Thinking Face

As someone who plays on all platforms (and personally uses their PS5 as an exclusive machine)...man I wish!

I can guarantee that Sony will absolutely not put their exclusives on their Game Pass equivalent upon release. They still have the clout to make people buy their games.

I love Game Pass though so I'll wait to see how good this subscription end up being.

Also this was said: This new service, which is codenamed Spartacus, would have three tiers. One would offer current PlayStation Plus perks, another would include a catalog of PS4 and “eventually” PS5 games, and a third would have “extended demos, game streaming and a library of classic PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP games"

No mention of their first party exclusives, but the "eventually PS5 games" makes me hopeful as I am always about a year or two behind any given big game release. I don't think I've bought a full price game in like 10 years lol.

EDIT: not true, I bought RDR2 on release!
I bought RDR2 on release but it was a pre-order on Amazon which got delayed so i got it for $35 thanks to E3 and amazon credits lol

But ya i'm with you I severely doubt Sony is gonna put their exclusives on Gamepass day 1 like Xbox does. Sony doesn't have the financial clout Microsoft has to take the financial hit to get such a Gamepass off the ground, as it is I doubt Microsoft is making money off of it as of yet after their purchases and game development. Heck if it's $15 USD a month and their reported user base is 18m (last reported, likely higher now) that's $270m a year. Halo Infinite was rumored to cost $500m USD to make so it would take more than a year of subs to start paying for it, and they got multiple games, bought big studios like Bethesda, it takes a huge amount of money and Sony doesn't throw money around like that usually. I'll be interested to see what comes but doesn't sound like what they're offering is going to be what I want, so i'll stick with Xbox GamePass and hope PS+ stays where it is lol
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
2363 posts
2438 upvotes
Montreal
LoANeal wrote:

Heck if it's $15 USD a month and their reported user base is 18m (last reported, likely higher now) that's $270m a year. Halo Infinite was rumored to cost $500m USD to make so it would take more than a year of subs to start paying for it, and they got multiple games, bought big studios like Bethesda, it takes a huge amount of money and Sony doesn't throw money around like that usually. I'll be interested to see what comes but doesn't sound like what they're offering is going to be what I want, so i'll stick with Xbox GamePass and hope PS+ stays where it is lol
It's $270m a month or 3,240m a year. They also make additional money due to extra hardware/software sales. I never owned an XBOX, but got one this time because of Gamepass and I am absolutely loving it.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2493 posts
1967 upvotes
Germack wrote: It's $270m a month or 3,240m a year. They also make additional money due to extra hardware/software sales. I never owned an XBOX, but got one this time because of Gamepass and I am absolutely loving it.
Man that's what i get for posting the moment i wake up lmao
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
4993 posts
1637 upvotes
Scarborough
Wow that's awesome. I didn't play the first 2 either and was thinking of getting the 3rd one.
Nov 8, 2005
186 posts
392 upvotes
Halifax
Not a hot deal. We don't post a new thread every time a new movie is added to Netflix. It's just a part of the subscription service.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11447 posts
5472 upvotes
Stewx wrote: Not a hot deal. We don't post a new thread every time a new movie is added to Netflix. It's just a part of the subscription service.
But you clicked to come in here.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Aug 13, 2020
599 posts
2124 upvotes
Stewx wrote: Not a hot deal. We don't post a new thread every time a new movie is added to Netflix. It's just a part of the subscription service.
Lol. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Aug 24, 2016
796 posts
644 upvotes
Hope Sony releases something competitive to Game Pass for the PS5. Tired of paying $90 per game.
Feb 8, 2010
142 posts
110 upvotes
not the same as netflix. a lot more people buy games vs movies. Ive wanted to play hitman 3 but didnt want to pay full price for it.
hitman 3 came out less than a year ago, the fact that you can get play a good AAA trilogy through gamepass is a really good deal.

Microsoft does a bad job marketing gamepass games. I had no idea hitman 3 or rainbow six extraction on day 1 was coming to gamepass. So im glad people post it here
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3151 posts
2633 upvotes
Markham
:facepalm:

As for the other downvote... unable to get the deal... two things:

1) This starts on January 20... it's now the 14th...
2) Yes, this is an XBox topic so no, you are unable to get it for PS or Nintendo.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
1709 posts
1400 upvotes
We do if its a new enough and big enough movie, doesnt happen that often but ive seen several posts for crave.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10095 posts
4078 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
You always get at least one troll from Playstation crew.

You're right, its a cold deal to get highly rated newer games with your subscription.

Hint: there's a playstation thread for exact same thing

playstation-store-ps-members-grand-thef ... e-2455977/

playstation-playstation-plus-december-2 ... s-2508529/

Did you discuss your dissatisfaction in those threads too?
Jul 31, 2007
928 posts
802 upvotes
Andro wrote: Very nice. Glad I held off buying.

Basically if you own Xbox, just buy Gamepass. Even sweeter if you have a decent PC to have even more games.
If you own PC, just buy Gamepass. Game pass ultimate is a great deal even if you don't own an Xbox because of the $1 upgrade trick.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10095 posts
4078 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
johncraven wrote: If you own PC, just buy Gamepass. Game pass ultimate is a great deal even if you don't own an Xbox because of the $1 upgrade trick.
True. I was just implying that you can double dip if you have both. Love playing Age of Empires 4 for free with my subscription. Only issue I have is that I don't have enough time for all these games. However, its still way cheaper and convenient than buying games.
Nov 8, 2005
186 posts
392 upvotes
Halifax
I have both a Series X with Game Pass and a PS5. And yes I have complained several times in the past about non-purchasable "hot deals" that are just things being added to a subscription service. IMO, this kind of thread belongs under Video Game Discussion, not hot deals.
Andro wrote: You always get at least one troll from Playstation crew.

You're right, its a cold deal to get highly rated newer games with your subscription.

Hint: there's a playstation thread for exact same thing

playstation-store-ps-members-grand-thef ... e-2455977/

playstation-playstation-plus-december-2 ... s-2508529/

Did you discuss your dissatisfaction in those threads too?