Expired Hot Deals

Xbox

January 2022 Game Pass games including Mass Effect Legendary Edition

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2022 11:38 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9137 posts
6326 upvotes
Toronto
ME Legendary Edition is an amazing addition and one of my top 3 games of 2021. ME1 is greatly improved though still a bit of a slog to get through but once you get to ME2 the enhancements really start to shine and it's phenomenal replaying at 4K/60fps with HDR and 5.1 audio. It's like experiencing it for the first time again compared to playing on 360 back in the day.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 12, 2011
3046 posts
5670 upvotes
London, Ontario
I'm happy that ME LE is coming to game pass/EA Play, but at the moment I don't have a Series X or a 4K tv and I think it's best if I wait to play them until I do. I can't see it ever leaving it and if for some reason it did, I'd just buy it on sale for maybe $30 and play through them all.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 27, 2005
783 posts
163 upvotes
I bought ME:LE last week on the winter sale for $40 :facepalm:. Well past the return window on hours.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 31, 2009
1865 posts
758 upvotes
Never played Mass Effect Series, but was told Guardians of the Galaxy gameplay is pretty similar. Well I’m loving that game and I just might have to jump into this shortly afterwards
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1041 posts
908 upvotes
thanks to everyone who bought ME during the christmas sale, your sacrifice was not in vain Face With Tears Of Joy
Sr. Member
Dec 9, 2001
696 posts
455 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it that bad if you bought Mass Effect?
I think of it this way. Let's say you spend 1 month per game (3 months to complete the collection).
3 months of Game Pass would be roughly $6/month ($18 for 3 months) if you converted from Xbox Live or $16/month ($48 for 3 months).

It's one of the reasons why I never played Kingdom Hearts collection on Game Pass.
It'll basically eat up all my time, and isn't worth it when looking at it from a time spent prospective. Rather buy the game.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5963 posts
3324 upvotes
My subscription is about to end next month. What's the best way to get it for cheap? Wait it out til expire or extend?
Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2013
346 posts
595 upvotes
British Columbia
So i'm new to gamepass and xbox in general. Signed up for gamepass for 3 years thanks to that other deal that was going around. My question is how often do games leave gamepass and whats the average time a game stays on gamepass. I'd hate to be deep into a game only to have it leave the next month...
Newbie
Jul 12, 2010
78 posts
28 upvotes
Would you guys recommend playing outer wilds of Mass effect?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
2227 posts
644 upvotes
toshis wrote: So i'm new to gamepass and xbox in general. Signed up for gamepass for 3 years thanks to that other deal that was going around. My question is how often do games leave gamepass and whats the average time a game stays on gamepass. I'd hate to be deep into a game only to have it leave the next month...
There's no formula but you can expect 6-12 month contracts I find.
Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2013
346 posts
595 upvotes
British Columbia
Raimond wrote: There's no formula but you can expect 6-12 month contracts I find.
Do they give you a headsup before a game leaves?
Newbie
Sep 17, 2020
42 posts
148 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: Been playing that "Rain on me" game or whatever its pretty relaxing and chill. Also Destroy All Humans is blowing me away! What a remake, that's how you do it! Outer wilds coming back is huge IMO i will make sure to play that with my free trial. Still cant justify a monthly subscription to this, kind of just buy a month play what i want and then not touch it again for 5 months.
You could do the CD keys gamepass deal. Buy a 12 month membership for Xbox gold (up to 3 years worth) for a different country. On your computer use a vpn redeem the code(s). After redemption, buy one month of gamepass and it will convert all the preloaded xbox gold to gamepass. You can take it a step further and split it with a buddy who game shares with you. My roommate and I did this with Xbox gold memberships from turkey. 3 years of Turkey Xbox Gold plus 1 month of gamepass worked out to $140. So for about $70 I have 3 years of gamepass. There is another thread that exists somewhere on this forum that explains it in better detail but consider looking into it. Can’t beat that price
Last edited by TheSuperSamoanDiet on Jan 4th, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2847 posts
1346 upvotes
Montreal, QC
toshis wrote: Do they give you a headsup before a game leaves?
Yes and you get a discount
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2847 posts
1346 upvotes
Montreal, QC
trinxified wrote: My subscription is about to end next month. What's the best way to get it for cheap? Wait it out til expire or extend?
Let it expire, do the gold 1 for 1 conversion
Member
User avatar
Feb 21, 2008
385 posts
167 upvotes
trinxified wrote: What's this process again? Thanks.
Wait for your Xbox Ultimate subscription to expire.

Wait a week and buy Xbox Live Gold subscriptions (cheapest is usually Costco online or in-store).

Redeem said subscriptions in previous step (up to three years of gold can be redeemed)

Upgrade to Ultimate for a dollar.

Your entire subscription will be upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate (up to three years).

Boom.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 27, 2005
783 posts
163 upvotes
ShocWave wrote: Is it that bad if you bought Mass Effect?
I think of it this way. Let's say you spend 1 month per game (3 months to complete the collection).
3 months of Game Pass would be roughly $6/month ($18 for 3 months) if you converted from Xbox Live or $16/month ($48 for 3 months).

It's one of the reasons why I never played Kingdom Hearts collection on Game Pass.
It'll basically eat up all my time, and isn't worth it when looking at it from a time spent prospective. Rather buy the game.
It's that bad if you already have gamepass for another year AND buy the game, which is what I did. :facepalm: :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5963 posts
3324 upvotes
Eniac360 wrote: Wait for your Xbox Ultimate subscription to expire.

Wait a week and buy Xbox Live Gold subscriptions (cheapest is usually Costco online or in-store).

Redeem said subscriptions in previous step (up to three years of gold can be redeemed)

Upgrade to Ultimate for a dollar.

Your entire subscription will be upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate (up to three years).

Boom.
Sounds simple enough. Thanks so much!

What's the reason behind waiting a week?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
2227 posts
644 upvotes
toshis wrote: Do they give you a headsup before a game leaves?
Yes. 14 days.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)