Expired Hot Deals

Xbox

January 2022 Game Pass games including Mass Effect Legendary Edition

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2022 11:38 am
Feb 21, 2008
389 posts
172 upvotes
trinxified wrote: Sounds simple enough. Thanks so much!

What's the reason behind waiting a week?
The promotion to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate for one dollar may not appear right away.

My promotion showed up like 4 or 5 days after my last subscription expired.
Sep 21, 2019
626 posts
439 upvotes
Meanwhile PlayStation+ gives you one less game for the more expensive PS5. Sony has some sort of brain damage.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2009
1375 posts
389 upvotes
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Console and PC)
  • Outer Wilds
Aw hells yeah. Goodbye family, see you in a few months!
Mar 9, 2009
561 posts
594 upvotes
Kagaho wrote: Meanwhile PlayStation+ gives you one less game for the more expensive PS5. Sony has some sort of brain damage.
do we really have to go through this again?

PS+ and Gamepass are apples and oranges
PS+=GWG

Also, EA play is on PS5 if someone wanted Mass Effect on PS5
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1105 posts
1884 upvotes
dino7c wrote:
do we really have to go through this again?

PS+ and Gamepass are apples and oranges
PS+=GWG

Also, EA play is on PS5 if someone wanted Mass Effect on PS5
EA play is included with gamepass
Dec 1, 2016
117 posts
110 upvotes
oceanz wrote: Would you guys recommend playing outer wilds of Mass effect?
I finished outer wilds over the summer and have been replaying mass effect legendary edition for the past few months. Outer Wilds was super interesting, fun, and refreshing, it's dlc not as much. Mass effect I'm finding a bit of a slog though and realizing why I never finished the trilogy in the first place.

The gameplay cycle for Mass Effect is do a mission where you camp behind a barrier shooting one of like 3 types of enemies, make some moral decisions in a small city area that will heavily impact your game dozens of hours later and make the universe worse off if you decide wrong, talk to the same half dozen NPCs between every mission because sometimes their dialogue changes, then run around huge empty environments looking for resources. You get some better rewards sometimes for playing on harder difficulties but really all it does is make the battle part of the game take longer. Repeat this for about 90 hours. (though honestly I never got far in ME3 so it might have different gameplay) The first game also has lots of "fun" inventory management too. Also protip your character is slow as hell and you spend a lot of time running around these slow environments or jumping between cut screens and loading screens so I'd recommend you get an infinite run mod at least.

If you do play play it without a guide, it's hard because the aspect of there's so much to lose if you do make the wrong choice makes it hard to resist, but it's a more enriching story. I saw someone said they played it using a dice system (every dialogue choice was random) and they had a WAY more surprising and enriching time. EA put out a graphic showing something like 90% of people played the suicide mission perfectly despite almost all of the outcomes based on choices you made in the 40-50 hours or so of gameplay leading up to it make it so one or more important NPCs end up dieing, so there's definitely a lot of the game that most people miss because they want to play it the best way.

Outer wilds is a lot more fun, the game cycle is much more enriching, and the temptation to check a guide and make sure you're playing the right way isn't there since there's no real punishment for it. The storyline is kind of similar to mass effects too.

The DLC didn't really get me as much because its linearity means Messing up a gameplay cycle has a lot more consequences in terms of time wasted compared to the base game.
Jan 19, 2017
837 posts
1449 upvotes
TheSuperSamoanDiet wrote: You could do the CD keys gamepass deal. Buy a 12 month membership for Xbox gold (up to 3 years worth) for a different country. On your computer use a vpn redeem the code(s). After redemption, buy one month of gamepass and it will convert all the preloaded xbox gold to gamepass. You can take it a step further and split it with a buddy who game shares with you. My roommate and I did this with Xbox gold memberships from turkey. 3 years of Turkey Xbox Gold plus 1 month of gamepass worked out to $140. So for about $70 I have 3 years of gamepass. There is another thread that exists somewhere on this forum that explains it in better detail but consider looking into it. Can’t beat that price
Honestly for me that's more time consuming than just using random codes i get in pizza pop boxes and buying a random month here and there when i have a good chunk of time to play games. In a 3 year span i probably pay less than $70 in total for game pass so randomly buying a month or using codes just works out better for me.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6862 posts
1410 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Outer Wilds doesn't include the DLC I guess?

For those that have never played it though, this is another chance and it's highly recommended.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Sep 17, 2020
42 posts
148 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: Honestly for me that's more time consuming than just using random codes i get in pizza pop boxes and buying a random month here and there when i have a good chunk of time to play games. In a 3 year span i probably pay less than $70 in total for game pass so randomly buying a month or using codes just works out better for me.
Fair enough. I don’t eat pizza pops so I didn’t even know that was a thing. Whatever works best for you.
Jul 12, 2010
78 posts
28 upvotes
Jawkuz wrote: I finished outer wilds over the summer and have been replaying mass effect legendary edition for the past few months. Outer Wilds was super interesting, fun, and refreshing, it's dlc not as much. Mass effect I'm finding a bit of a slog though and realizing why I never finished the trilogy in the first place.

The gameplay cycle for Mass Effect is do a mission where you camp behind a barrier shooting one of like 3 types of enemies, make some moral decisions in a small city area that will heavily impact your game dozens of hours later and make the universe worse off if you decide wrong, talk to the same half dozen NPCs between every mission because sometimes their dialogue changes, then run around huge empty environments looking for resources. You get some better rewards sometimes for playing on harder difficulties but really all it does is make the battle part of the game take longer. Repeat this for about 90 hours. (though honestly I never got far in ME3 so it might have different gameplay) The first game also has lots of "fun" inventory management too. Also protip your character is slow as hell and you spend a lot of time running around these slow environments or jumping between cut screens and loading screens so I'd recommend you get an infinite run mod at least.

If you do play play it without a guide, it's hard because the aspect of there's so much to lose if you do make the wrong choice makes it hard to resist, but it's a more enriching story. I saw someone said they played it using a dice system (every dialogue choice was random) and they had a WAY more surprising and enriching time. EA put out a graphic showing something like 90% of people played the suicide mission perfectly despite almost all of the outcomes based on choices you made in the 40-50 hours or so of gameplay leading up to it make it so one or more important NPCs end up dieing, so there's definitely a lot of the game that most people miss because they want to play it the best way.

Outer wilds is a lot more fun, the game cycle is much more enriching, and the temptation to check a guide and make sure you're playing the right way isn't there since there's no real punishment for it. The storyline is kind of similar to mass effects too.

The DLC didn't really get me as much because its linearity means Messing up a gameplay cycle has a lot more consequences in terms of time wasted compared to the base game.
Wow, thank you so much for the comprehensive reply! Will try Outer Wilds first! If I somehow finish and have time time then I'll try mass effect too
Mar 9, 2009
561 posts
594 upvotes
Ausmack wrote: EA play is included with gamepass
I know, I have it...he is doing the usual wrong comparison fanboys do between PS+ and Gamepass
Dec 29, 2010
383 posts
559 upvotes
Laval
RedFlagCrake wrote: Damn, I shouldn't have bought this (ME: LE) when it came out. I hate how hard it is to play long single player games now in my 30s. I played 90% of the first game before getting caught up in other things. I can only handle about two hours of single player story-driven games before I need a break. In my early twenties I think I beat Mass Effect 1 in one day.
Adulting sucks. Agreed.
Jan 12, 2017
684 posts
642 upvotes
I knew mass effect would come but not so soon.. glad I didn't buy it boxing day
May 29, 2018
455 posts
428 upvotes
Alberta
Ya heard about this earlier today, unfortunately I literally bought it on PSN the night before but thankfully managed to get them to refund it so great news for me
Feb 8, 2010
144 posts
112 upvotes
rainbow six extraction is also coming to gamepass day 1. January 20
Jul 7, 2021
35 posts
103 upvotes
I checked Game Pass and EA Play and it looks like Mass Effect Legendary is only accessible with EA Play Pro, whereas the regular Game Pass only includes regular EA Play. Anyone else seeing the same? I was hoping to start playing today!
Images
  • EAplay.PNG
Jun 27, 2012
987 posts
2119 upvotes
vaela7 wrote: I checked Game Pass and EA Play and it looks like Mass Effect Legendary is only accessible with EA Play Pro, whereas the regular Game Pass only includes regular EA Play. Anyone else seeing the same? I was hoping to start playing today!
It's available on the Game Pass app now to install.
2010-2022 Contest Winnings = $0