Discussion ( I don't own an Xbox):
https://slickdeals.net/f/10312076-japan ... =1&src=pdw
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1822 posts
911 upvotes
Midland
Thanks for Posting! However, I will share an important disclaimer taken from the SD thread ... (the Xbox One offerings are identical in both markets THIS month)
Occasionally JP region will have different GWG games compared to US. Not all the time. It has been posted few times in SD whenever the games are different and we have got it. It only works for XBOX one games since they are region free. Not 360.
Apr 5, 2012
177 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Xbox 360 games are region free on Xbox one
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3144 posts
1167 upvotes
Ajax
For those unsure of this, I did this last month with Zoo Tycoon and it worked perfectly.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4136 posts
1300 upvotes
QC
xbox 360 games are not region free

You can't "buy" them
Apr 5, 2012
177 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Region free just means that the origin region of a game doesn't affect its ability to be played on a console from a different region. To that end, like I said, 360 games are region free on xbo
Sep 8, 2016
17 posts
13 upvotes
Fredericton
Naveedx wrote: Yup I'm having the same issue. The xb1 games seem to work fine but the 360 games always show a price for me
Xbox One games are region free to play and purchase. Xbox 360 games are region free to play but it will base your purchase price on the region for your account itself, not the store link you use. So you would have to change your account region and have a valid credit card matching a Japanese address to get the Japan 360 GWG titles. Changing your region to get a free game or get a cheaper price on a game is actually against the terms of agreement you accept when signing up for Xbox Live and you can be banned for it.

My suggestion is stick with the region free Xbox One titles as you cannot be banned for it and it does not require any changes to your account or payment method.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)