• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2009 3:14 am
[OP]
Jun 29, 2009
206 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton

[Microsoft] Xbox Live 12 (+1 bonus) month card for $40

Right now, there's a sale going on at Best Buy where you can get a prepaid Xbox Live card for $49.99 and it lasts until the 9th of July. But that's not all. As I'm sure most of you are aware, Future Shop has the $10 off coupon for a purchase of $50 dollars or more and this lasts until the 5th of July. So, if you haven't caught on where I'm going with this, you can basically price match the Live prepaid card at a FS location then apply the $10 dollar off coupon. You might say it won't work since the final price with the PM will bring you to 49.99, however, I did this today and it worked. The FS employee added 2 extra cents to make it over $50 and then she applied the coupon. Ok, that was a lot of writing, but the point is that you can get a 13 month Live card for $40 + taxes.

Hope this was of some help.

Below is the Best Buy link:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... &langid=EN

EDIT: I also added the FS Staycation Coupon below, to make things easier.

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/cana ... fault2.asp
51 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6549 posts
1176 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Hmm since you are doing a PM shouldn't the price be 48.99?

I think that two cents are YMMV. Not every CSR is that nice.
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Jun 29, 2009
206 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton
You're right, they're supposed to also subtract 5% of the price difference, but that didn't happen for me. Regardless, you can always buy some Skittles or gum to make your purchase go over $50.
Mar 21, 2008
227 posts
41 upvotes
Winnipeg
YMMV, however you can do what I did and added a filler bottle of sprite at FS hehe :)
Apr 21, 2007
674 posts
112 upvotes
Etobicoke
Is the FS coupon something you have to physically have? (print?).
Oct 24, 2008
40 posts
What do you guys think is a better deal, the 13 month live for $39.99 or the live boxset with 12 months, chatpad, headset and project gotham 4 for $69.99? I'm not sure which to get anymore..
Apr 7, 2008
813 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
sonyms1986 wrote: What do you guys think is a better deal, the 13 month live for $39.99 or the live boxset with 12 months, chatpad, headset and project gotham 4 for $69.99? I'm not sure which to get anymore..
you missed out on the XBOX live messenger kit deal, BB had it for 63.99 on their canada day sale, picked one up then! :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6625 posts
4616 upvotes
Kitchener
I found a seller on ebay selling US 13 month codes for $29 USD ($35 CDN), paid him and he emailed me the code........worked great.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2898 posts
4 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote: I found a seller on ebay selling US 13 month codes for $29 USD ($35 CDN), paid him and he emailed me the code........worked great.
is this reliable though? cause ive bought cdkey in the past, it works, but turns out that its stolen or something
[OP]
Jun 29, 2009
206 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton
Polska wrote: Is the FS coupon something you have to physically have? (print?).
Yeah, you can print it off at the Future Shop website. It should be featured on the front page.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3000 posts
125 upvotes
Mtl
gamer123 wrote: is this reliable though? cause ive bought cdkey in the past, it works, but turns out that its stolen or something
I've also done the same recently. As long as you buy from a reputable seller with good feedback, not much to worry about. Most sellers will email you the code, so you save on shipping and get the code within hours. I purchased from member qjohn with 707 feedback with 100% positive. Got the code 1hr after the auction ended.

Just an FYI, live memberships from the US work fine, but points cards do not.
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Oct 28, 2005
357 posts
137 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote: I found a seller on ebay selling US 13 month codes for $29 USD ($35 CDN), paid him and he emailed me the code........worked great.
I didn't know the code would work in Canada.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)