Expired Hot Deals

[Xbox Live] Burnout Revenge $6.49 Backwards Compatible (no online mode) (gold not needed)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2019 1:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2945 posts
5303 upvotes
London, Ontario

[Xbox Live] Burnout Revenge $6.49 Backwards Compatible (no online mode) (gold not needed)

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Every time I've seen this on sale since it went BC the highest discount was 30% so it's nice to see it at 50% off finally. This was one of my favorite racing games growing up. This is a super fun game for less than $7, but if you're lucky enough to find it at EB in their current sale, kudos to you! Enjoy!

I put backwards compatible now so you guys don't think this is in British Columbia only.

Events in-game:

Race (1st for Gold, 2nd for Silver, 3rd for Bronze)
Road Rage (Get as many takedowns as you can before time runs out with bonus time for consistent takedowns)
Eliminator (A timer counts down from 30 to 0 and whoever is in last place when the clock reaches 0 or when a lap is completed is eliminated and then it does it again until only one car remains)
Burning Lap (Beat the fastest lap time with extreme boost awarded to help make it possible. Tracks in this event have shortcuts indicated by flashing blue lights and in later tracks you will need them to get Silver or Gold)
Traffic Attack (Check as much traffic as possible from behind, avoiding big rigs and buses as they crash you. Get time from checking traffic and get more time from doing skill shots by checking traffic into other traffic and get lots of time from checking traffic into big rigs and buses. There's a set time limit and a target score for the different medals. If you get forced into a shortcut you can also check parked cars to help you avoid losing. When the on-screen timer counts down to 20 seconds, a bar at the top of the screen starts to drain. When it empties, your vehicle explodes and the event ends)
Crashbreaker (Get as much score as possible by destroying as many vehicles as possible including a bonus vehicle for each level. For every vehicle crashed the player is awarded a cash value (score) and a small amount of boost. Once the player reaches 100% boost then the Crashbreaker will activate itself. During these five seconds the player can either wait or they can try to fill the bar to 100% by tapping the appropriate button thereby amping up the strength of the Crashbreaker. As the bar can be filled up for every crash caused then it can be possible for the player to detonate their Crashbreaker more than once in a single event. You can also do a crashbreaker in other events after someone takes you out to try to get revenge on them, but this causes you to lose all of your boost. If you take down your rival with it though it refills your boost when you respawn)
Last edited by SoldierZeroB on Aug 6th, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1750 posts
710 upvotes
Calgary
Best one in the series IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8623 posts
5563 upvotes
Toronto
blind56 wrote: Best one in the series IMO.
IMO Paradise is a far better game, especially the remastered edition which you can probably pick up for not much more or play with EA Access
Penalty Box
Jul 21, 2019
346 posts
652 upvotes
Still way too much for a game that is missing online, that should be regular price, if you're a completionist like me there is about 200 gamescore (I think 195) that is unobtainable.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3066 posts
1277 upvotes
Lethbridge
ReeGee wrote: IMO Paradise is a far better game, especially the remastered edition which you can probably pick up for not much more or play with EA Access
Agreed. Still play Paradise occasionally.
Oct 27, 2018
86 posts
86 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: IMO Paradise is a far better game, especially the remastered edition which you can probably pick up for not much more or play with EA Access
Disagreed. Paradise is good, and open world driving is fun enough when you're not doing anything, but looking at the map and trying to figure out where to go during a race is awful. I know there are those semi-transparent street signs that come up at the top of the screen when a turns comes up and your turn signal comes on, but those don't help much. They could have at least put up virtual, visible barriers for races. In the end, dedicated race tracks designed as such are better.

Have played most of the Burnouts since 2. Revenge is probably my favourite. Tossing cars is kind of weird, but adds variety to racing. And difficulty, since racing on same way traffic, you have to watch out for larger vehicles.
Last edited by Marluxia on Sep 2nd, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 19, 2011
266 posts
293 upvotes
Reezan wrote: You can pick it up for 6.49$ on Ps4 currently
Same price on Xbone:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/burno ... verviewtab

But I'm also in the "Revenge is better" camp. One of a handful of 360 games where I bothered to get the full 1000 gamerscore (though that's no longer possible due to the aforementioned discontinuation of online services). Nonetheless, this game has plenty of content and is definitely worth this price. Burnout 3 was also fantastic, but I'm one of the people who enjoy the "Traffic Checking" mechanic and due to the improvements made to the 360 version compared to the PS2/Xbox versions, I'd say Revenge (360 version) stands as my favorite of the series.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10155 posts
2129 upvotes
Victoria
I also think that Revenge is better. My main argument is you don't have to drive around the open world to get to start an event, in revenge you can start it from the menu. Plus revenge was all about destruction and it was fun plowing through cars like they were empty boxes (with only big ones like buses and rigs) causing you damage.

It's too bad the remastered version only ever came out for the 360 which is way better than the ps3/original xbox version. Would love to play it on my ps4. If I ever grab an xbox 1 x, I'll definitely revisit it.
Feb 17, 2017
160 posts
33 upvotes
Is this the one that had the mode where all you do is drive directly into oncoming traffic and cause as much damage as possible?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2945 posts
5303 upvotes
London, Ontario
darthfusion wrote: Is this the one that had the mode where all you do is drive directly into oncoming traffic and cause as much damage as possible?
Yep. Crash Mode. It's awesome!
Feb 17, 2017
160 posts
33 upvotes
Nice - Thought so! It was one of the things I really liked about this game!