Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Xbox Live

Games With Gold July 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2020 8:30 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
3267 posts
6459 upvotes
London, Ontario

Games With Gold July 2020

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Xbox Live
Saints Row 2 is great and Juju is good. Juju is a side-scrolling platformer. Dunk Lords sounds good and got 95% positive out of 19 reviews on Steam. It's not out on Xbox yet. It's basketball with fighting in it plus local co-op and WRC is good too. It got 76 on Metacritic. Enjoy!

25 replies
Jun 17, 2005
301 posts
287 upvotes
Etobicoke
Thanks OP. WRC is definitely the highlight for me here. Glad to see it there.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1466 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
Seriously Microsoft stop it with the racing games! Just looked up Dunk Lords, looks terrible. Bad month overall
Oct 31, 2010
914 posts
812 upvotes
Edmonton
Will definitely take WRC 8 for free. Thanks op.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1418 posts
292 upvotes
EDM Area
wow, xbox live gold keeps scraping the bottom of the barrel, another disappointing month. That is what 6 months in a row now....
Feb 22, 2013
72 posts
71 upvotes
Antigonish
LarryT778370 wrote: This is a dumb question. But I tried to google it, so if I understand correctly, I can play play the XB1 game during the date range, but I can keep the XB360 game forever if I claim them? TIA
Xbox One - you can claim the game and play it for as long as you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription, so if your Gold runs out it won't let you play that game unless you renew.
Xbox 360 - you 'own' the game, and can keep playing it even if your Gold sub expires
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1600 posts
950 upvotes
GTA
LarryT778370 wrote: This is a dumb question. But I tried to google it, so if I understand correctly, I can play play the XB1 game during the date range, but I can keep the XB360 game forever if I claim them? TIA
You can Play XB1 Games for as long as you have Gold
You can play X360 games forever
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3286 upvotes
4got10 wrote: wow, xbox live gold keeps scraping the bottom of the barrel, another disappointing month. That is what 6 months in a row now....
They for sure threw GWG into the trash once gamepass came about
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Jan 31, 2008
389 posts
429 upvotes
Etobicoke (Toronto),…
4got10 wrote: wow, xbox live gold keeps scraping the bottom of the barrel, another disappointing month. That is what 6 months in a row now....
Correction; 6 months in a SAINTS Row! 🤣
I'll leave. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10391 posts
2188 upvotes
Aurora
IDK wtf your talking about its never been that great to begin with but ok..
signature removed for rule violations
Mar 14, 2017
539 posts
1216 upvotes
yoda12320 wrote: IDK wtf your talking about its never been that great to begin with but ok..
I always want to say games with gold wA neutered when gamepass came out...but the more I think of it you're right. I don't ever remember being blown away by it. They gave away halo reach way back but I didn't even have an Xbox at the time
Nov 25, 2015
99 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like I'm letting gold run out this summer. Might resub if there is something offered I care about. But with epic free games and humble choice occasionally, Xbox needs to do a heck of a lot better.
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10391 posts
2188 upvotes
Aurora
Roadki11 wrote: Looks like I'm letting gold run out this summer. Might resub if there is something offered I care about. But with epic free games and humble choice occasionally, Xbox needs to do a heck of a lot better.
If your only buying gold bc of the gwg and not actually playing online then ya idk why you would do so. Your paying gold for the party system and playing games online not bc of the free games you get. As well majority of people did the $1 transfer for upto 3 years to xbl ultimate anyways. The only reason they started adding free games was bc sony and playstation where doing it and wanted to compete. I almost forgot your paying gold for the deal of the week sales that require gold to purchase.
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
The problem Microsoft is facing is their pro-consumer support of backwards compatibility.

That means if they give away a game today, they can never resell it to a new Xbox Series X (or Xbox One/One X) buyer who currently has gold. That means any AAA games are essentially worthless going forward as digital revenue, so they give us junk.

On the other hand, Sony hedged their bets with "limited PS4 compatibility + zero PS3/PS2/PS1 support) so they can freely give away games, not offer BC on them, and then resell them as-in or offer $$$ nerd-bait remakes. Sony is the anti-consumer devil and they will try to drain a nerd's wallet faster than Apple.

One hilarious comment I keep seeing is that "sure the PS4 compatibility list will be very limited at launch, but Sony will keep adding to that as time goes by". LOL, I guess they never bought a PS3, which had BC deleted after launch and those hw/sw-based models kept getting "compatible PS2 games" deleted every day after launch (similar to the PSTV with Vita titles).

If you're buying a PS5 hoping Sony will steadily adding to the BC list long after they have your money, I wish you luck with that strategy.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7804 upvotes
Toronto
You can't expect much from GWG when Game Pass is literally the best deal in all of gaming right now. If you're not playing online then just don't pay for it because Game Pass is where the real deal is anyway. If you spent the $1 to update your Gold to Ultimate then you really have nothing to be complaining about other than the general concept of having multiplayer locked behind a paywall which hasn't been unique to MS for years now
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
Roadki11 wrote: Looks like I'm letting gold run out this summer. Might resub if there is something offered I care about. But with epic free games and humble choice occasionally, Xbox needs to do a heck of a lot better.
They are already doing it. It's called GPU.
Nov 25, 2015
99 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary
jfmartel wrote: They are already doing it. It's called GPU.
GPU is an upsell and thus more expensive. Now they replace gold with ultimate and force customers into the higher paying bracket. That's crappy. Gold used to be worth it alone for the new games each month. Now you can't even buy a 12 month subscription to gold, not that I was going to anyways.