Red Faction II ($14.99 ERP): Available August 16 to 31

PS: If u dont like GwG and u have game pass, check the list below
Xbox Game Pass games coming to consoles in July and August:
Soulcalibur VI (added July 1st, 2020)
CrossCode (added July 9th, 2020)
Fallout 76 (added July 9th, 2020)
Neon Abyss (added July 14th, 2020)
Forager (added July 16th, 2020)
Mount and Blade: Warband (added July 16th, 2020)
Carrion (added July 23rd, 2020)
Grounded (Xbox Game Preview; added July 28th, 2020)
Nowhere Prophet (added July 30th, 2020)
The Touryst (added July 30th, 2020)
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (added July 30th, 2020)
Tell Me Why - Chapter 1 (August 21st, 2020)
Last edited by mymuro on Jul 29th, 2020 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
44 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5043 posts
3237 upvotes
Glad I cancelled. 2 Lame games and 2 games that are 20 years old.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1946 posts
2982 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
At the point where I just collect them now without even looking at the titles.

Game Pass has eaten their lunch for sure.

BUT free is free! *cue argument over actually being free*
Dec 4, 2013
157 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary, AB
There's rumors they may just phase out games with gold in favour of game pass. Would really like them to drop some quality AAA games for the last few months if that is true, but the recent months' games don't really indicate that is gonna happen.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1143 posts
929 upvotes
Everywhere
they'll probably just roll gold into a lower game pass tier and call it game pass basic or something: online play and these old games. there are still people who just want to play online with their purchased games.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9315 posts
6642 upvotes
Toronto
At this point we should just stop posting and discussing GWG because it's obvious and everyone knows that the real deal and value for games is in Game Pass. Gold is nothing more than an online access fee with some throwaway games so if you don't play online just stop paying for it and stick to Game Pass for the best deal on games. If you already upgraded your Gold to Ultimate for $1 then there's literally nothing to complain about or discuss.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16180 posts
6715 upvotes
Toronto
Crap month and laughable free games (First gen Xbox games? Really?)

But I have a huge backlog of games anyways and I think most smart RFDers got in on the many Gamepass deals.
Aug 31, 2008
818 posts
420 upvotes
Well, we can't always win. And to be fair, I keep adding them to my library but I can't remember the last time I played and finished a Games with Gold game.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16180 posts
6715 upvotes
Toronto
superrabbi wrote: Well, we can't always win. And to be fair, I keep adding them to my library but I can't remember the last time I played and finished a Games with Gold game.
It's mostly just shovelware titles and about 4-5 times a year we get a AAA game that you'd actually want.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5043 posts
3237 upvotes
YYCcalgarydeals wrote: There's rumors they may just phase out games with gold in favour of game pass. Would really like them to drop some quality AAA games for the last few months if that is true, but the recent months' games don't really indicate that is gonna happen.
Game Pass will take over, it allows them to bill more but I'm more curious about xCloud. xCloud + Game Pass on an cheaper XBox next gen is a very very attractive option, like everyone hopes it could be a Stadia killer. Stadia has best tech but no games, but if XBox can match the performance and ease of Stadia, XBox has the library to make it worth paying $15 a month for.

Digging out subpar Xbox first gen games feels like digging bottom of the barrel. GWG is done.
Jul 23, 2011
919 posts
728 upvotes
NORTH YORK
YYCcalgarydeals wrote: There's rumors they may just phase out games with gold in favour of game pass. Would really like them to drop some quality AAA games for the last few months if that is true, but the recent months' games don't really indicate that is gonna happen.
Yeah I wouldn't count on them getting any better. When Sony decided to get rid of ps3/vita games, the last year was dreadful for those titles. They had one great final month where we got Metal Gear Solid 4 and other good things, but otherwise, it was intentionally slim pickings.

I doubt MS has different thinking when it comes to Gold. The best way to keep people from missing something is to make it horrible before you let it die.
Sep 25, 2011
140 posts
114 upvotes
F U microsoft,
i don't even play online anymore so i'm not gonna renew my gold when it runs out next month.
tired of garbage games month after month.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1865 posts
2190 upvotes
Toronto
It's not a rumour. They said it will be phased out at the Xbox showcase
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5254 posts
4185 upvotes
Still waiting for DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball and DOA Xtreme 2.
Feb 8, 2010
145 posts
112 upvotes
MS should just eat gold and make online free. Everyone who has gold has game pass at this point. It would be marketing genius for them to say online is free on xbox consoles.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1300 posts
1092 upvotes
I’m not one to usually complain about these free offerings but they’ve been quite poor lately. I agree with everyone else that they should just make live free and charge for game pass.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1865 posts
2190 upvotes
Toronto
Wasp14 wrote: I’m not one to usually complain about these free offerings but they’ve been quite poor lately. I agree with everyone else that they should just make live free and charge for game pass.
Makes me really want to jump on their next gen console LOL!!!
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Jun 7, 2018
149 posts
150 upvotes
I am not a Xbox consumer (well had a Xbox 360). I hope they are doing something better, so they are forcing Sony's hand for competition. This is just sad and sooner or later Sony will follow.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5116 posts
5834 upvotes
Alberta
Complain about this all you like, but game pass is far and away the best gaming subscription service on the market right now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)