• Oct 30th, 2020 9:07 am
[OP]
Nov 11, 2012
11 posts
1 upvote
Vaughan

Xbox Series Pre-order at Shoppers

Good day everyone,

I hope someone would be able to share their experience, if there is one, regarding the process of pre-order from shoppers drug mart. I am wondering if it would be possible to apply the PC points at the time of the actual purchase in store when the console is shipped.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated!
15 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1284 posts
1572 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
0 members and 7 guests lol.

But I'm interested as well.

I'm trying to time this with a "mega" redemption, hopefully around BF where the redemption will even be more lucrative (BF2019 I think was 250k for $400 if I recall correctly).

Not sure how they will do the pre-orders, but most places you pay on delivery, so you'd pay when you actually have it in hand (November 10th at earliest).

If you could pre-order and pay tomorrow with points though...could use 200k PCO Points to knock $300 off since it's a bonus redemption event until Wednesday. But highly doubt they'd let you pay now.

I signed up for both PS5 and Xbox emails from Shoppers site where it talks about pre-order, but haven't gotten anything about Xbox.
Feb 15, 2010
548 posts
366 upvotes
Surrey
This thread got me excited because I thought you had the info you're requesting because I want it too.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6545 posts
4545 upvotes
Still no email link from SDM...
Nov 30, 2006
708 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
For the Shoppers PS5 pre-order you reserved the console at the Shoppers location of your choice. That's it - no deposit, no opportunity to pre-pay either with a card or points. I can't see why they wouldn't let you use them on pickup.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2273 posts
959 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Gedge wrote: For the Shoppers PS5 pre-order you reserved the console at the Shoppers location of your choice. That's it - no deposit, no opportunity to pre-pay either with a card or points. I can't see why they wouldn't let you use them on pickup.
well then, i don't see the point other than you want it on launch day. if only we could use our points now for some bonus redemption, it'd have been great
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3171 posts
489 upvotes
It's basically like they're just holding one under your name. I imagine that when you get there, it will be the same as buying it off the shelf, and you'll be able to pay with points and/or use any promotions applicable at the time.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2273 posts
959 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mc_molineux wrote: It's basically like they're just holding one under your name. I imagine that when you get there, it will be the same as buying it off the shelf, and you'll be able to pay with points and/or use any promotions applicable at the time.
yeah. console is reserved under your name. i'm guessing they'll keep those in the back so you come, have your number and name and pay which whatever means you have. i'll be using points and cash. it is most likely certain there won't be a bonus redemption during that week and the next
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6545 posts
4545 upvotes
I'm hoping SDM's will be getting a supply of XSX for walk-in purchases.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4866 posts
1842 upvotes
Ajax
9394 wrote: I'm hoping SDM's will be getting a supply of XSX for walk-in purchases.
Doubtful any retailers will have walk-ins due to COVID.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6545 posts
4545 upvotes
I think we expected this, but I asked SDM if they would be getting consoles for walk-in customers:

"The stores will only receive the orders for customers that pre-order online the will not be any extra Xbox unless someone decides to not pick up her/he order. You will have to call the store to find out if they have any left from the pre-orders."
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1673 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if my Xbox and PS5 will be available on the launch days. Never bought launch anything at Shoppers... Only 12 and 14 days away...
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4866 posts
1842 upvotes
Ajax
kookoo wrote: I wonder if my Xbox and PS5 will be available on the launch days. Never bought launch anything at Shoppers... Only 12 and 14 days away...
Should be without a hitch.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1673 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote: Should be without a hitch.
I worry that with the glitch Shoppers had on Digital PS5 day, they may have oversold. But lets see!