Xbox Series S - Fortnite & Rocket League Bundle (399,99$) 50$ OFF

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2022 9:40 pm
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
tylenol613 wrote: Are these things worth it for a next gen experience? I have a PS5 but I wouldn't mind having a XSS just to use game pass on
This is a great deal. If you account for the extra controller then this is $330 for the console. Even a nintendo switch oled goes for $450, last I checked. So this is the cheapest next gen console on the market right now.

I own the series x, the ps5 digital and switch oled. My bro has the series s. He's not really a big time gamer, but he uses it a bunch to play Pokémon through gba emulation.
Last edited by blaznazn22 on Jan 21st, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 18, 2013
441 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
jetertmac wrote: It would be nice if the S came with at least a 1TB Drive.
The proprietary storage expansion is expensive!

The best option is get an external usb ssd, you can play non series only version games from external ssd.

You can move games from and to ssd easily.
Jun 18, 2013
441 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
I got ps5 disk and jailbreak is on the way :P

And series s with game pass, dream combo
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1574 posts
1179 upvotes
Quebec City
Still wanting an XSX, I need that blueray drive.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2967 posts
295 upvotes
are these instore or online only?
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Series S is a great system. Yes it might be weaker, and some rare cases a game comes along that pushes the series s below 1080p or even below 60fps. Overall this is rare, and you can expect 1080p and even 1440p in some cases.

The fact I have all the systems and right now I'm mostly playing the nintendo switch, tells you how much graphics really matter.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1454 posts
1686 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
I am not sure what to do. I would buy a console for a 1080p tv (the last best plasma ever created). Sure one day it will die but I am not replacing it until it does because i love it.

I understand that the xbox x is not available but has more storage, ram and graphical capabilities (to support 4k which i won't have for the foreseeable future but who knows, my tv might explode tonight). I never like to have too many games because i enjoy playing and finishing every game one at a time. Kids like playing the same game over and over again (minecraft).

What would you guys do?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4526 posts
6874 upvotes
BC
blaznazn22 wrote: Series S is a great system. Yes it might be weaker, and some rare cases a game comes along that pushes the series s below 1080p or even below 60fps. Overall this is rare, and you can expect 1080p and even 1440p in some cases.

The fact I have all the systems and right now I'm mostly playing the nintendo switch, tells you how much graphics really matter.
Lol same, got a Series S at SDM then a few weeks later a OLED switch as well... barely touch the xbox but the switch is used pretty much everyday by someone in the household.
Oct 14, 2014
830 posts
918 upvotes
Southern Ontario
superxxxstud wrote: I am not sure what to do. I would buy a console for a 1080p tv (the last best plasma ever created). Sure one day it will die but I am not replacing it until it does because i love it.

I understand that the xbox x is not available but has more storage, ram and graphical capabilities (to support 4k which i won't have for the foreseeable future but who knows, my tv might explode tonight). I never like to have too many games because i enjoy playing and finishing every game one at a time. Kids like playing the same game over and over again (minecraft).

What would you guys do?
I'm running my Series S on a 4K 55" Samsung and it looks good to me. Maybe I'm not super picky. Would probably look even better if my TV was 120Hz and Dolby Vision compatible, but I'm not upgrading for a while either.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1338 posts
836 upvotes
Waterloo
blaznazn22 wrote: This is a great deal. If you account for the extra controller then this is $330 for the console. Even a nintendo switch oled goes for $450, last I checked. So this is the cheapest next gen console on the market right now.

I own the series x, the ps5 digital and switch oled. My bro has the series s. He's not really a big time gamer, but he uses it a bunch to play Pokémon through gba emulation.
He uses the Xbox Series S... to play Pokemon... on an emulator...?

Phone or laptop/desktop for emulation not an option?
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
PressureBoom wrote: He uses the Xbox Series S... to play Pokemon... on an emulator...?

Well originally, he bought series s for re2. After beating that, I installed gba on it through retro arch as an experiment, and he ended up getting hooked on that. Gba games like Pokémon red looks fantastic on the big screen TV.

He's a bit particular though. Eventually he'll get into halo and gears of War.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1776 posts
2617 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
blaznazn22 wrote: This is a great deal. If you account for the extra controller then this is $330 for the console. Even a nintendo switch oled goes for $450, last I checked. So this is the cheapest next gen console on the market right now.

Oh man that Fire Red/Leaf Green version on GBA is amazing. Still play it every so often.
PressureBoom wrote: He uses the Xbox Series S... to play Pokemon... on an emulator...?

Sometimes you just wanna lay back on the couch lol.

For real though the new Xbox's (Series models) have developed quite a following in the emulation community as you can play pretty much everything up to and including Dreamcast and Wii at the high end. Pretty impressive stuff.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4526 posts
6874 upvotes
BC

probably playing it on a big screen tv
Dec 1, 2012
402 posts
469 upvotes
VANCOUVER
After a loyal shopper console customer, I simply can not buy from any other stores without x20 points.

Got my OLED Switch from shoppers with 20% off senior discount (My grandmother helped) and x20 points. Waiting for Xbox serious x in stock now.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13879 posts
27458 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: It would be nice if the S came with at least a 1TB Drive.
Am thinking like previous versions they’ll come out with a 1TB one …………eventually…….. maybe
Dec 8, 2021
63 posts
107 upvotes
tylenol613 wrote: Are these things worth it for a next gen experience? I have a PS5 but I wouldn't mind having a XSS just to use game pass on
I suggest you look comparative videos on youtube. Watch Digital Foundry comparison of games between Serie S, Serie X, and even One S and One X.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1966 posts
1098 upvotes
Toronto
I would be more on board for the Series S if they were still continuing the backwards compatibility support. There are so many games I'd love to get some love for.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1128 posts
1158 upvotes
Knowhere
superxxxstud wrote: I am not sure what to do. I would buy a console for a 1080p tv (the last best plasma ever created). Sure one day it will die but I am not replacing it until it does because i love it.

What would you guys do?
Pls check out reviews online, difference is not that big
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1128 posts
1158 upvotes
Knowhere
chongsen wrote: After a loyal shopper console customer, I simply can not buy from any other stores without x20 points.

Got my OLED Switch from shoppers with 20% off senior discount (My grandmother helped) and x20 points. Waiting for Xbox serious x in stock now.
Well, most of the time, 20x point is not valid on Thursday, which is the senior day that offers 20% off....
Dec 1, 2012
402 posts
469 upvotes
VANCOUVER
lightmeup wrote: Well, most of the time, 20x point is not valid on Thursday, which is the senior day that offers 20% off....
Just registered new accounts until you get a 20x personal offer.

It takes 3 ~ 5 attempts.