Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Xbox Series S - Fortnite & Rocket League Bundle (399,99$) 50$ OFF

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2022 9:40 pm
May 6, 2018
36 posts
19 upvotes
Slightly off topic but for those wanting a series X I found that the best buy search tool works. Google a Best Buy location near you, scroll down until you see the option to "Search what's in store" and search for the xbox series x, it'll show up if it's in stock. Was able to finally get one in Calgary today using this method. Inventory might be delayed though so best to arrive when the store opens.
Dec 5, 2017
202 posts
143 upvotes
Calgary
Might be a dumb question, but why buy it for $399 when you can buy the console from bestbuy for $379?
Aren't fortnite and rocket league free already? Am I missing something?

Edit: just realized it comes with second controller!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
2967 posts
295 upvotes
anyway to get this deal in person from costco or through pricematch elsewhere - for today?
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.
Sep 29, 2009
518 posts
729 upvotes
Kitchener
jadoocian wrote: anyway to get this deal in person from costco or through pricematch elsewhere - for today?
You could call local Costco locations with the item number and see if they have stock but I'm not sure if they will. I doubt you can get this matched anywhere since it's a)Costco, which lots of places won't match and b)a bundle.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
15237 posts
5115 upvotes
Game Pass is rolling out cloud gaming on console. Currently in beta, but you can get around the storage limitations by streaming the games you want to play.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Mar 9, 2009
560 posts
586 upvotes
IKnowUSexy wrote: This is best console for game pass.
Well the series X is obviously the best console for gamepass but okay
Mar 9, 2009
560 posts
586 upvotes
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Game Pass is rolling out cloud gaming on console. Currently in beta, but you can get around the storage limitations by streaming the games you want to play.
The games look and play much worse though with streaming compared to local hardware
Jan 8, 2020
161 posts
505 upvotes
Winnipeg
dino7c wrote:
The games look and play much worse though with streaming compared to local hardware
Agreed, but the technology is developing so fast that soon the differences will be minimal. For casual gamers like myself, streaming is starting to become more appealing than buying a new console, especially for those who are on a budget.

I was planning to buy a Xbox S/X this year to replace the PS4 I sold last month, but after testing Xbox Cloud, I'm starting to think that it won't be needed at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1764 posts
2607 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
chongsen wrote: After a loyal shopper console customer, I simply can not buy from any other stores without x20 points.

Got my OLED Switch from shoppers with 20% off senior discount (My grandmother helped) and x20 points. Waiting for Xbox serious x in stock now.
Lol same, I've gotten my last three at SDM on various deals (XSX/PS5 on launch, Switch in the fall) plus all my old ones at SDM/EB trade ups and then were brought to EB for Visa/Mastercard prepaids.

Crazy how little "cash" I've put down for consoles in like ten years
Dec 14, 2020
118 posts
236 upvotes
Xbox complete is the best a great add on that offers I think it's any extra year or 2 years of warranty added on and it's $49.99. You can get two free regular controller replacements or one elite controller replacement and one console replacement.

I bought it just for the two controller replacements when my main controller gets stick drift or something.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1338 posts
836 upvotes
Waterloo
ChippewaBarr wrote: Oh man that Fire Red/Leaf Green version on GBA is amazing. Still play it every so often.

Sometimes you just wanna lay back on the couch lol.

For real though the new Xbox's (Series models) have developed quite a following in the emulation community as you can play pretty much everything up to and including Dreamcast and Wii at the high end. Pretty impressive stuff.
I'm not knocking it at all, just thinking it seems like overkill for what that specific use is. For any number of years someone could have conceivably AirPlay/Miracast/Chromecast'd their screen to the TV or plug in their laptop thru HDMI and use a wireless controller if they really really wanted to play GBA games on an emulator. It's like building a high end gaming PC with an Nvidia RTX 3080, and then using it to play 1993's DOOM, when pretty much any device made within the last 15 years would work perfectly for that.
Dec 5, 2005
441 posts
107 upvotes
Saskatoon
SamuelBrCan wrote: Agreed, but the technology is developing so fast that soon the differences will be minimal. For casual gamers like myself, streaming is starting to become more appealing than buying a new console, especially for those who are on a budget.

I was planning to buy a Xbox S/X this year to replace the PS4 I sold last month, but after testing Xbox Cloud, I'm starting to think that it won't be needed at all.
What device do you plan to use to stream the games? A PC? I am not that familiar with XCloud. I have Stadia and use it on my TV with Chromecast.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3562 posts
1613 upvotes
'Shwallywood
sman06 wrote: I got one but im worried about storage. this is a very good deal never the less
get an external SSD. Load up series x/s games on the internal, anything else xbox one or older on the SSD. problem solved

I ran out of storage on my series X, so I am using a 1tb samsung ssd for older titles
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1764 posts
2607 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
PressureBoom wrote: I'm not knocking it at all, just thinking it seems like overkill for what that specific use is. For any number of years someone could have conceivably AirPlay/Miracast/Chromecast'd their screen to the TV or plug in their laptop thru HDMI and use a wireless controller if they really really wanted to play GBA games on an emulator. It's like building a high end gaming PC with an Nvidia RTX 3080, and then using it to play 1993's DOOM, when pretty much any device made within the last 15 years would work perfectly for that.
Oh yeah I hear you 100%.

I actually have a setup with games stored locally on my PC and mirrored on a spare phone with the saves stored in MS OneDrive so they can be accessed from anywhere.

Works amazingly well on vacations and stuff. Played a huge chunk of FFT on the phone with Razer Kishi on a flight to Central America lol. Time flew by!

For this use case with the Xbox console, I imagine it's people who don't want to deal with anything beyond installing RetroArch and plugging in a flash drive of games. Not to mention you don't need dev mode anymore so you can just quit RetroArch and jump into Halo Infinite. I think it's just convenience.
Jan 8, 2020
161 posts
505 upvotes
Winnipeg
rbanow wrote: What device do you plan to use to stream the games? A PC? I am not that familiar with XCloud. I have Stadia and use it on my TV with Chromecast.
I'm playing on a PC, but thinking on buying a controller like the Razer Kishi or similar to also play on the phone.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
15611 posts
6111 upvotes
Toronto
I would spend the extra $200ish and get the Series X. 1 TB storage is key, and resale value will be much better. It's now very easy to find a Series X in Toronto and they are selling very close to retail cost on Kijiji.

If you're really a vulture wanting a cheap console, there are Series S sealed units all over Kijiji that people are desperate to sell. Use this Costco offer to leverage their price down.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1567 posts
1176 upvotes
Quebec City
Kurtz7834 wrote: I would spend the extra $200ish and get the Series X. 1 TB storage is key, and resale value will be much better. It's now very easy to find a Series X in Toronto and they are selling very close to retail cost on Kijiji.

If you're really a vulture wanting a cheap console, there are Series S sealed units all over Kijiji that people are desperate to sell. Use this Costco offer to leverage their price down.
I would gladly buy an XSX but it is still really difficult to get on my side of the frontier.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2553 posts
99 upvotes
tylenol613 wrote: Are these things worth it for a next gen experience? I have a PS5 but I wouldn't mind having a XSS just to use game pass on
My friend who primarily games on PC (well on both now) bought one to use with gamepass and has had no complaints. The only thing I would say as a Series X owner is the storage space is small and the expansion card is proprietary and expensive, so expect to be buying an external ssd.
Sep 6, 2012
195 posts
154 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
blaznazn22 wrote: This is a great deal. If you account for the extra controller then this is $330 for the console. Even a nintendo switch oled goes for $450, last I checked. So this is the cheapest next gen console on the market right now.

I own the series x, the ps5 digital and switch oled. My bro has the series s. He's not really a big time gamer, but he uses it a bunch to play Pokémon through gba emulation.
Which app does he use on the xbox for emulation?
Sep 6, 2012
195 posts
154 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
rbanow wrote: What device do you plan to use to stream the games? A PC? I am not that familiar with XCloud. I have Stadia and use it on my TV with Chromecast.
I believe you can use any device that has a web browser and controller support with xbox cloud