Costco

Xbox Series S - Fortnite & Rocket League Bundle (399,99$) 50$ OFF

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2022 9:40 pm
Dec 8, 2013
38 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa
As far as the 20x point bonus goes, do you get 20x points on the full retail amount before using any existing points against the pourchasse, or just 20x on the remaining cash purchase against the purchase? ie. I have $270 in points, do I get 20x points on the $379 for an Xbox s or just 20x on $109 I Will Pay out of Pocket?

Thanks,

Mike
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Shawzborne wrote: Which app does he use on the xbox for emulation?
You have to register for something called devmode which costs $20. Then you have to activate it on xbox. After that you install retro arch, and run your emulators through that.

I think theres a newer way to do it though. You should just check YouTube, that's what I did to set it up.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1466 posts
1734 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
superxxxstud wrote: I am not sure what to do. I would buy a console for a 1080p tv (the last best plasma ever created). Sure one day it will die but I am not replacing it until it does because i love it.

I understand that the xbox x is not available but has more storage, ram and graphical capabilities (to support 4k which i won't have for the foreseeable future but who knows, my tv might explode tonight). I never like to have too many games because i enjoy playing and finishing every game one at a time. Kids like playing the same game over and over again (minecraft).

What would you guys do?
Any advice?
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
superxxxstud wrote: Any advice?
If the switch had proven anything, it's specs and graphics don't matter all that much, games do. So don't worry too much about ram, gpu, cpu or whatever.

The series S is good enough to be called a next generation console. It has half the power of a ps5 or a series X, but thats good enough. The switch is like 100 times weaker.

MS recently bought the biggest publisher on the market, activision, so right now MS are the biggest software publisher of games on the market. You can at least ecpect all games they make to be optimized to work well on the series s.
Jan 10, 2022
15 posts
14 upvotes
I really want to get a Xbox just because how great gamepass is. tbh I just want to play Forza 5. I would get this but since it cant run 4k I dont think its worth to spend 450 when I can just buy a series x for more 250.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
599 upvotes
Brandon
I got a large # of Walmart gifts card from work incentives. I wiSH there was a way to get XSX at MSRP and not the scalping prices on Walmart.ca...
Jan 17, 2017
265 posts
323 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: Oh man that Fire Red/Leaf Green version on GBA is amazing. Still play it every so often. Sometimes you just wanna lay back on the couch lol.

For real though the new Xbox's (Series models) have developed quite a following in the emulation community as you can play pretty much everything up to and including Dreamcast and Wii at the high end. Pretty impressive stuff.
I heard from MVG that Microsoft is now locking out developer mode for people that haven't posted an app in 90 days, which would mean good bye emulation.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4833 posts
5281 upvotes
Alberta
Mark1381 wrote: I heard from MVG that Microsoft is now locking out developer mode for people that haven't posted an app in 90 days, which would mean good bye emulation.
Outdated news. This was either done in error or the decision was reversed. Either way, it's working as it was before.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1790 posts
2625 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Mark1381 wrote: I heard from MVG that Microsoft is now locking out developer mode for people that haven't posted an app in 90 days, which would mean good bye emulation.
It was actually an accident as they were doing it for preview program users who hadn't signed in and stuff but that's even older news as you don't even need dev mode.

You can straight up install RetroArch in retail mode now, no dev mode needed!
Nov 17, 2007
429 posts
1376 upvotes
Canada
PumpkinEater wrote: I really want to get a Xbox just because how great gamepass is. tbh I just want to play Forza 5. I would get this but since it cant run 4k I dont think its worth to spend 450 when I can just buy a series x for more 250.
This was exactly my thinking... until I played a Series S. Having played a Series X, I was expecting a lesser experience: it is exactly the same, It just doesn't output at 4K. It is just as fast as the Series X, has the same next gen features (quick resume, smart delivery...) and is substantially cheaper.

Honestly, there are three main differences between the Series S and the Series X.

- No Disk Drive (doesn't matter for Game Pass)
- Less Storage (500 GB vs 1000 GB)
- No 4K

If you want this for game pass, and can live without the 4K, get the Series S. I dare say that 60% of people wouldn't notice the difference between 1080p and 4K. I know that my wife, kids, and parents can't or just don't care. It's the best value console by a long shot, and gives you access to hundreds of games through game pass for at a totally unbeatable price.
Came for the deals...stayed...for the deals.
Jan 10, 2022
15 posts
14 upvotes
AA7HBS wrote: This was exactly my thinking... until I played a Series S. Having played a Series X, I was expecting a lesser experience: it is exactly the same, It just doesn't output at 4K. It is just as fast as the Series X, has the same next gen features (quick resume, smart delivery...) and is substantially cheaper.

Honestly, there are three main differences between the Series S and the Series X.

- No Disk Drive (doesn't matter for Game Pass)
- Less Storage (500 GB vs 1000 GB)
- No 4K

If you want this for game pass, and can live without the 4K, get the Series S. I dare say that 60% of people wouldn't notice the difference between 1080p and 4K. I know that my wife, kids, and parents can't or just don't care. It's the best value console by a long shot, and gives you access to hundreds of games through game pass for at a totally unbeatable price.
If there is not a big difference then I could get X|S.

I really do not mind if the storage is 500gb or even less as I hardly have more than 3 games on my PS5. I just delete the game that I dont play anymore to make space for new.

If the experience does not feel bad then this is the best option for me.

Thanks for the help.
Dec 8, 2021
65 posts
107 upvotes
PumpkinEater wrote: If there is not a big difference then I could get X|S.

I really do not mind if the storage is 500gb or even less as I hardly have more than 3 games on my PS5. I just delete the game that I dont play anymore to make space for new.

If the experience does not feel bad then this is the best option for me.

Thanks for the help.

May I suggest you watch some youtube videos to make an educated decision?