Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Xbox Series X|S: Next Wave of Pre-orders Tuesday October 27

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2020 2:20 pm
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
skjohnson wrote:
Only 3? WTF? Must have been left overs from the financing deal. Surely they could have had a min. of 10 per store.
Jr. Member
Oct 9, 2017
125 posts
103 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: Only 3? WTF? Must have been left overs from the financing deal. Surely they could have had a min. of 10 per store.
Yeah, pretty nutty. It's kind of worked out, as we're the only three here. No one had to suffer (other than the 2 campers).
Jr. Member
Jun 30, 2017
154 posts
58 upvotes
guess no point for me to drive out during lunch time
Member
Jul 31, 2020
475 posts
357 upvotes
dino7c wrote: They wish...there is already a 900p game
Thats for one game in 60 fps mode, 30 fps its 1440p. (referring to the series s settings for yakuza: like a dragon.) Its not the best engine, the ps4 pro could only do 1080p 30 fps. 60 fps is much more important to me than higher resolution, and the s is targeting people who dont care much about the resolution. I feel like some console gamers will be easily mislead by what this means, microsoft is really going to have to flex some marketing muscle.
Last edited by Kevcorm on Oct 26th, 2020 11:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2278 posts
961 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Kevcorm wrote: I feel like some console gamers will be easily mislead by what this means, microsoft is really going to have to flex some marketing muscle.
seem console gamers only care about resolutions (like 4k, maybe 8k) and think most gamers care about it too while PC gamers want more fps and not necessarily more resolutions. its a funny albeit sad thing to see
Member
User avatar
Feb 28, 2006
363 posts
249 upvotes
Moncton NB
Got one here in Moncton. When the clerk got phone calls about the preorder, she said there was already people in line (5 of us ) and wouldn't be any left. So pretty limited quantities lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
1971 posts
2860 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote: Thats for one game in 60 fps mode, 30 fps its 1440p. (referring to the series s settings for yakuza: like a dragon.) Its not the best engine, the ps4 pro could only do 1080p 30 fps. 60 fps is much more important to me than higher resolution, and the s is targeting people who dont care much about the resolution. I feel like some console gamers will be easily mislead by what this means, microsoft is really going to have to flex some marketing muscle.
That's the dragon engine for you... It's unoptimized garbage. SEGA needs to either fix it, or ditch it.

People on PC running a RTX 2080ti were having trouble hitting 4K 60fps in Y6.

XSX 4K 30fps or 1440p 60fps.
XSS 1440p 30fps or 900p 60fps.

No excuse for SEGA to be this crap in optimizing their engine if it runs like garbage on everything.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2010
1640 posts
619 upvotes
Montreal
Sold out on opening, debated going to line up this morning but eww weather and my car is at the garage so half hour of walking... regret it now though, really need to lose those COVID pounds xD
Member
Feb 15, 2011
282 posts
88 upvotes
I've got a Series S pre-order at Best Buy that I'll be cancelling very shortly - But I'll offer it here, as others have done, before I cancel.
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2017
176 posts
42 upvotes
We see someone regret pre-ordering Xbox. Good.

Then we will see it drop. Lol
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2017
176 posts
42 upvotes
Of course better if ps5 will do so. But lowest possibility lol
Member
Jul 31, 2020
475 posts
357 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote: seem console gamers only care about resolutions (like 4k, maybe 8k) and think most gamers care about it too while PC gamers want more fps and not necessarily more resolutions. its a funny albeit sad thing to see
Well some of them online do ya, I think most of them dont even care as long as it looks decent. This is why the ps4 pro and xbox one x sold much less than the base systems.
Member
Jul 31, 2020
475 posts
357 upvotes
zxcai18 wrote: We see someone regret pre-ordering Xbox. Good.

Then we will see it drop. Lol
Can we keep these kinds of comments somewhere else?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 24, 2007
1786 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto
I managed to preorder a Series X and an extra controller at Fairview Mall EB when they opened earlier. At least two people ahead of me were able to as well.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)