Ongoing Deal Discussion

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S preorders go live at 8 a.m. PT / 11 a.m. ET $599.99/$379.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 10:10 pm
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2013
718 posts
582 upvotes
Winnipeg
viperm5 wrote: Did anyone try the in-store pre order today ?
There's a thread in Hot Deals where someone was 3rd (and last) in line and got a console. The store apparently only had 3 Series X available for purchase.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2566 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
ReaperEXE wrote: There's a thread in Hot Deals where someone was 3rd (and last) in line and got a console. The store apparently only had 3 Series X available for purchase.
I will try the online purchase tomorrow, but I cant find the link on the site and I cannot find the time.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1428 posts
378 upvotes
Well thought I had some time but I can't cancel my Walmart pre-orders for the X and S now ... have to either reject at delivery or return to store.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5788 posts
1916 upvotes
In the other thread, I saw people mention 3 units & 5 units for the EB games in-store pre-order today, so very little was available
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2566 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
Just not sure why there isn't a time on the online preorder.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18847 posts
8504 upvotes
Oakville
blitzforce wrote: Just not sure why there isn't a time on the online preorder.
A lame attempt at avoiding their site being overrun? Not giving bots a chance to prepare? I guess "we'll put em up when we put em up lol" is easier/cheaper than implementing some sort of queue system.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2010
641 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
blitzforce wrote: Just not sure why there isn't a time on the online preorder.
People will spend more time aimlessly surfing the site and hopefully buy other stuff
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 23, 2008
1359 posts
1471 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Just placed an order at EB Games for a Series X on my phone (checked the site at 11:03). Was suspiciously painless.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18847 posts
8504 upvotes
Oakville
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: Just placed an order at EB Games for a Series X on my phone (checked the site at 11:03). Was suspiciously painless.
It was already OOS again when I checked at like 11:20. Lol
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2010
1640 posts
619 upvotes
Montreal
was in stock from 11:00 to 11:11 for the Series X, Zero got thwarted by browser cache it seems so be careful about that I guess. I was able to checkout before the clock turned to 11:01 so the checkout process was decent for me. I really wouldn't worry if you have a little patience though, anyone who wants an Xbox before Christmas will get it is my guess, probably anybody willing to wait a couple weeks after launch will get it and anyone motivated enough could get it at or near launch. Now if you want an RTX 3070/3080... That's another story!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18847 posts
8504 upvotes
Oakville
n-ster wrote: was in stock from 11:00 to 11:11 for the Series X, Zero got thwarted by browser cache it seems so be careful about that I guess. I was able to checkout before the clock turned to 11:01 so the checkout process was decent for me. I really wouldn't worry if you have a little patience though, anyone who wants an Xbox before Christmas will get it is my guess, probably anybody willing to wait a couple weeks after launch will get it and anyone motivated enough could get it at or near launch. Now if you want an RTX 3070/3080... That's another story!
I mean, it seems like half the people in this thread pre-ordered from multiple retailers just to make sure they got one. I doubt there's gonna be THAT much demand that everybody will be able to scalp them, so there'll probably be a bunch of returns, too.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Member
Jul 31, 2007
435 posts
264 upvotes
anybody has any experience with EBGames shipping consoles? I think they use Purolator? Will they ask for signature upon delivery? Afraid of porch pirates, they'll be on the lookout for any suspiciously large boxes for sure!

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Inked18, sasklake