None
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2016
34 posts
35 upvotes

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro - $167 [Back with a slightly lower price]

Deal Link:

make sure you pay extra for the DHL shipping, in the shopping discussion section, the thread there says reg shipping takes over 2 months (sometimes even 3 months!!) due to the customs backlog, and Canada Post will be going on strike in July too.
google starbucks
262 replies
Jan 22, 2015
317 posts
220 upvotes
York, ON
got the one 2GB RAM 16GB ROM for $165 2 weeks ago and it rocks, best money ever spent on a phone, cannot recommend enough

can't believe how fast price drop, at the time I ordered the 2GB, it was like $220, just over a month ago

looks like a new one is coming
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
1015 posts
196 upvotes
Montreal
Good price and the biggest problem of Redmi Note3 pro is wifi cutting out. It is better than Redmi Note3(use Helio X10). Redmi Note3 has terrible wifi cutting out.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2016
34 posts
35 upvotes
yym789 wrote: Good price and the biggest problem of Redmi Note3 pro is wifi cutting out. It is better than Redmi Note3(use Helio X10). Redmi Note3 has terrible wifi cutting out.
This is the Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime
google starbucks
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4682 posts
2301 upvotes
Toronto
404 error "Page not found" on deal link.
?Dead?

On edit: Link now works, OP appears to have edited link after my posting.
Dec 1, 2009
214 posts
150 upvotes
Was about to buy one then I realized the price is in USD.
Jun 6, 2012
170 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Paid about $300 Canadian (- $20 cash back) 2 months ago.
Amazing phone, totally worth it.

I highly recommend flashing CM13 instead of using MIUI.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1650 posts
642 upvotes
Winnipeg
Which version is this: china version or global version?
Lorenzo
Jul 20, 2012
158 posts
229 upvotes
NORTH YORK
If I have the note 4 right now, would anyone recommend me selling this and purchasing this?
Oct 4, 2007
602 posts
116 upvotes
jawnyawn wrote: If I have the note 4 right now, would anyone recommend me selling this and purchasing this?
Note 4 has a replaceable battery and better specs, especially the camera. If those matter to you, stick with the Note 4.
I prefer the Redmi Note 3 because of its simplicity, low power consumption and near stock Android OS. I'd buy it again when my dad decides to finally retire his iPhone 4S.
Jul 20, 2012
158 posts
229 upvotes
NORTH YORK
yangxu wrote: Note 4 has a replaceable battery and better specs, especially the camera. If those matter to you, stick with the Note 4.
I prefer the Redmi Note 3 because of its simplicity, low power consumption and near stock Android OS. I'd buy it again when my dad decides to finally retire his iPhone 4S.
The removeable battery and specs isn't the biggest deal for me... even the camera isn't off by much. Think the thing that I care about most is actually the resolution, I don't understand how note 4 can be 1440x2580 while xiaomi 3 and 4 are both below those? I don't like note 4 how everything is a bit complex since it's with samsung... think the xiaomi looks much better though.
Sep 21, 2009
456 posts
164 upvotes
jawnyawn wrote: The removeable battery and specs isn't the biggest deal for me... even the camera isn't off by much. Think the thing that I care about most is actually the resolution, I don't understand how note 4 can be 1440x2580 while xiaomi 3 and 4 are both below those? I don't like note 4 how everything is a bit complex since it's with samsung... think the xiaomi looks much better though.
You should flash a new rom on it.

This is my current daily driver:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4- ... 4-t2981479

Benefit of using an android (provided that the bootloader is unlocked) is that you have choices.
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1069 posts
94 upvotes
Had a good laugh, local store had the phone for $460 AND $420. Two different people, five mins apart telling me different prices. Dude also told me that it's the global rom; if I ordered online, it'd be the China MIUI, and I'd be voiding warranty if I installed a different one. Amazing.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
This phone is pure awesome for that PRICE... :)
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
jawnyawn wrote: If I have the note 4 right now, would anyone recommend me selling this and purchasing this?
NO. Redmi note is for people that want a note 4 but don't want to pay for it. :)
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1029 posts
186 upvotes
Been a few days now running my Note 3 pro and all I can say is its awesome. Love the fingerprint scanner, very fast performance and excellent build quality. Flashed V7.3.6 global stable rom and it runs smooth. Installed google launcher and it feels like my old Nexus 5. No lag, all apps have worked without problem and I actually do not mind MIUI, feels like my kids Asus Zenphone 2 laser software. Great price, might pick another one up for my wife.
May 11, 2007
989 posts
731 upvotes
Kitchener
wow i paid almost $220 for 2 gb version. People thinking about buying this phone, just an advice, just buy it. This phone is just awesome. I flashed the phone with CM13 and now my sd card acts as internal storage. Not to mention finger print unlock is just too good.