Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Android Pie + Fido tablet plan = No LTE

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2019 12:26 pm
[OP]
Sep 22, 2007
58 posts
20 upvotes

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Android Pie + Fido tablet plan = No LTE

Xiaomi pushed an update a couple of days ago to upgrade the phone to Android Pie. Phone has dual sims and I'm using the Fido Tablet Plan sim for mobile data.

Prior to the upgrade, LTE was working fine. After the upgrade, LTE does not work. 3G does.

Did anyone run into the same issue? If so, how did you get it fixed?
7 replies
[OP]
Sep 22, 2007
58 posts
20 upvotes
I'm afraid it's worse than a messed up APN. I compared the phone's LTE settings with the ones from the web and they're the same.

I tried the Fido sim card on a tablet and another unlocked phone and it's fine. I tried using my son's Fido Tablet Plan sim card on my upgraded Xiaomi phone and it does not work too. At this point, I've narrowed down the issue to the upgraded OS.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1370 posts
1489 upvotes
georgesa wrote: I'm afraid it's worse than a messed up APN. I compared the phone's LTE settings with the ones from the web and they're the same.

I tried the Fido sim card on a tablet and another unlocked phone and it's fine. I tried using my son's Fido Tablet Plan sim card on my upgraded Xiaomi phone and it does not work too. At this point, I've narrowed down the issue to the upgraded OS.
I would just do a factory reset if it is possible. Just back up all your stuff and factory reset before going too far into trouble shooting. It might be a simple upgrade issue.
[OP]
Sep 22, 2007
58 posts
20 upvotes
theXshape wrote: Did you resolve your issue ?
I didn't do a factory reset yet - I'm waiting for when I'll have some free time.

Are you in the same boat, i.e. no LTE after the upgrade to Android Pie?
Feb 28, 2015
564 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've had this problem for over a year with my Xaomi. Lte would connect and disconnect constantly. I just set the phone to prefer 3G and the issue went away.