Aug 4, 2007
1257 posts
338 upvotes
Montreal

Xiaomi Robot Vacuum (ENGLISH!) $475

Deal Link:
Price:
$475
Excellent Vacuum, been using it for a year now.

UPDATE: The MiHome app now has *Full* English support and you can download Voice pack to the vacuum to talk in English! All of the maintenance and training material as well.

However, when setting up the region, you need to choose "Mainland China".

Parts:

Vacuum:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-M ... 72010.html

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner Robot Virtual Wall for Robotic Vacuum Cleaner - Brown:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-M ... 72401.html

2PCS Original Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Filter for Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/2PCS-Ori ... 75024.html

2PCS Original Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Side Brushes for Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/2PCS-Ori ... 75021.html

Original Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Rolling Brush for Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Original ... 75022.html

Original Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Rolling Brush Cover for Xiaomi Robotic Vacuum Cleaner:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Original ... 75023.html
103 replies
Oct 14, 2009
257 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Do you need to buy all that extra stuff with it? Or does it come with all and this is just good to have as replacements
------------------------------------------------
Contest Prizes: 2 Person Pass to Movie (JOBS), Method Laundry Products for 1 Year ($250 value), Passes to see WWE RAW in Toronto Star Private Box ($300 Value)
Oct 8, 2009
742 posts
226 upvotes
Kitchener
Dread_Mannequin wrote:
Jun 11th, 2017 11:09 am
Do you need to buy all that extra stuff with it? Or does it come with all and this is just good to have as replacements
On the site it looks like there are 3 packages.

One is just the vacuum

Other has all these extras

Last one seems to be vacuum but shipped from EU warehouse.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18599 posts
3704 upvotes
Thornhill
Pretty expensive paperweight if anything malfunctions.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1229 posts
366 upvotes
GTA
OP - I'm just curious whether you've tried the Roomba and how it compares to this? Costco is selling the Roomba 860 for $499 so it's very close in price, plus I get it right away, plus the costco/iRobot warranty. This would have to BEAT the Roomba 980 for it to be competitive and even then I'm sure the warranty would still sway most people towards the Roomba. After all, even with all the features in the world, it's still worthless if it's not working.
Apr 27, 2010
564 posts
191 upvotes
Britex wrote:
Jun 11th, 2017 4:04 pm
OP - I'm just curious whether you've tried the Roomba and how it compares to this? Costco is selling the Roomba 860 for $499 so it's very close in price, plus I get it right away, plus the costco/iRobot warranty. This would have to BEAT the Roomba 980 for it to be competitive and even then I'm sure the warranty would still sway most people towards the Roomba. After all, even with all the features in the world, it's still worthless if it's not working.
Apparently the suction power on the Xiaomi beats even the top models of iRobot, but I'd still go for the iRobot. The price is similar, and the warranty will be honored without issue. Since Xiaomi doesn't sell in Canada yet, you'll likely have to ship this back to Mainland China if you need servicing.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1229 posts
366 upvotes
GTA
spunwasi wrote:
Jun 11th, 2017 4:17 pm
Apparently the suction power on the Xiaomi beats even the top models of iRobot, but I'd still go for the iRobot. The price is similar, and the warranty will be honored without issue. Since Xiaomi doesn't sell in Canada yet, you'll likely have to ship this back to Mainland China if you need servicing.
Thanks for the reply. I already have the Roomba 770 but was looking at getting a second one for the second floor. Maybe best to just keep moving the existing Roomba around until a really good sale comes along.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1257 posts
338 upvotes
Montreal
This would compare to the 980 Roomba's.

You can buy just the vacuum, you don't need the extra's. I posted them for people to order as spares (just in case to have them, since part of the maintenance it is good to replace these parts after a year or so).

I've used this vacuum for a year now, my wife loves it. Happy wife - happy life.

Cheers.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1229 posts
366 upvotes
GTA
anabioz wrote:
Jun 11th, 2017 7:44 pm
This would compare to the 980 Roomba's.

You can buy just the vacuum, you don't need the extra's. I posted them for people to order as spares (just in case to have them, since part of the maintenance it is good to replace these parts after a year or so).

I've used this vacuum for a year now, my wife loves it. Happy wife - happy life.

Cheers.
Wow, I'm impressed! I wasn't expecting the Xiaomi to beat the Roomba 980 in most scenarios considering the Roomba 980 is almost $1000. Since you've been using it for a year, I take it there's been no issues and you'd highly recommend?
May 28, 2006
988 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
I really like my Neato XV-12, but I'm looking for one with a Lithium ion battery because replacing the battery on the Neato is too expensive. The newest Li-ion model for Neato is the WiFi connected one ~$800. I think I'm going to go with the Xiaomi
Heatware/HoFo upon request
Aug 18, 2016
5 posts
2 upvotes
Gah, 114$ is the cheapest shipping method for me.

And being DHL, I expect that the duty fees have not been paid..

EDIT: I'll go with AliExpress.
Jun 11, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
MajorSauce wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 8:57 am
Gah, 114$ is the cheapest shipping method for me.

And being DHL, I expect that the duty fees have not been paid..

EDIT: I'll go with AliExpress.
Hi - Can you please provide the link from AliExpress for the same model? And aren't we asked to pay duty/taxes if the package is delivered from AliExpress?
Sep 24, 2014
482 posts
192 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
There's lots of these similar robots on amazon for under $300. Even canadian tire sells these on special for under $300. Not sure why anyone would pay more than that for a budget robotic vacuum from China
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4378 posts
1056 upvotes
crichdr wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 7:48 pm
There's lots of these similar robots on amazon for under $300. Even canadian tire sells these on special for under $300. Not sure why anyone would pay more than that for a budget robotic vacuum from China
lol you have no clue what you're talking about.
Thanks RFD for:

-Koodo $48 MB Plan 5GB