Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Xiaomi Xiaofang 1080p Smart Wifi IP "Small Square" Camera : $19.69 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2019 2:04 pm
Sep 30, 2007
249 posts
198 upvotes
Saint-Constant, Qc
jasonchewy wrote: For the benefits of the Wyze, it's worth the extra $13-14.
Wyze you get warranty, huge community and official wyze support, fast shipping.
In use, the Wyze performs better as well.
The Wyze app is solely aimed for the use of the cameras, where as the Mi Home is for everything Smart Home under Xiaomi, so it's pretty messy.
The performance is much better since the cloud is near, not half way around the world. For example, when I view an alert clip, it downloads at like 3mb/s for Wyze. The Xiaomi one went at like 300kb/s.
The official firmware/app for the Xiaofang is on and off working outside of China, they could pull the plug anytime.

That said, IF you're solely looking for RTSP use (which assumes you're savvy enough to dab into the hack), Xiaofang is still the cheapest for the hardware.
RTSP support is confirmed to be coming "soon" for the Wyze and they are working on it.
"soon"? are we talking about weeks or months?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
429 upvotes
I have a question. I currently have Ring Alarm home security. Was going to buy the Ring camera too but it's over $200 and it doesn't even record 24/7 or integrate with the security system.

Decided to just buy the Wyze camera for now with SD card. Was this the right choice for me or should I have gone with Xiaomi instead?
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
Jan 17, 2017
147 posts
102 upvotes
Montreal
jasonchewy wrote: That said, IF you're solely looking for RTSP use (which assumes you're savvy enough to dab into the hack), Xiaofang is still the cheapest for the hardware.
RTSP support is confirmed to be coming "soon" for the Wyze and they are working on it.
Yes... I'm looking for RTSP only but seen other features could be developed... Any ways look like the Wyze is the way to go... easy to flash...
I have a question... Besides recorder... The SD card has to be always inside the camera..?? or it is only for flash purposes...
Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2817 posts
3144 upvotes
Toronto
snczcmlo wrote: Yes... I'm looking for RTSP only but seen other features could be developed... Any ways look like the Wyze is the way to go... easy to flash...
I have a question... Besides recorder... The SD card has to be always inside the camera..?? or it is only for flash purposes...
Thanks
If you're hacking it the sd card is only for the purpose of hacking it, and it needs to stay in the camera, because it needs the stuff in the sd card to boot up properly hacked. The camera becomes a dumb rtsp camera.
If you're using the camera normally, the sd card's for storing the recordings on top of the 15 second limit on the cloud recording.
Sep 30, 2007
249 posts
198 upvotes
Saint-Constant, Qc
jasonchewy wrote: If you're hacking it the sd card is only for the purpose of hacking it, and it needs to stay in the camera, because it needs the stuff in the sd card to boot up properly hacked. The camera becomes a dumb rtsp camera.
If you're using the camera normally, the sd card's for storing the recordings on top of the 15 second limit on the cloud recording.
Interesting... so if you boot the cam with the hacked firmware on the sd card, then rtsp is enabled. Then you reboot the cam without the sd card and it is back to stock? that would be a sweet tradeoff.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2817 posts
3144 upvotes
Toronto
Speedbeaver wrote: Interesting... so if you boot the cam with the hacked firmware on the sd card, then rtsp is enabled. Then you reboot the cam without the sd card and it is back to stock? that would be a sweet tradeoff.
I believe so, unless you ran the disable cloud service inside the hack.
I remember with the xiaofang, when I removed the sd card, I was able to get it to go back to the Mi Home.
I have not tried with the Wyze, as its own service serves my needs.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Is this v4 now with the 1080p rtsp? Tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I recall reading somewhere (or someone mentioned) that there is a way to permanently disable the IR LEDs so that when the camera is rebooted at night, the LEDs won't turn back on. Does anyone know how to disable the LEDs? I know you can control the IR via script but when the camera needs to be rebooted at night, the IR LEDs would turn back on.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5730 upvotes
which microsd card do you guys recommend?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)