[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1534 posts
133 upvotes
C-53

XS & S9 --!

RFD,

I recently upgraded to a XS from 6S on my personal line. Office provides me with a S9. I gota say I'm loving the S9.

I dont know why Android phones dont have good resale values vs Apple phones. That's the only reason I'm not using Samsung full time. I sold my 6S for a really good price! Samsung <- no way.

The XS feels clunky and dated compared to the S9. The screen too..! I recently used a S10 at a cell booth in Costco <-- damn nice!

Apple hasn't really been innovating since Jobs' demise.
Please thank me if you find this helpful
5 replies
Dec 11, 2013
320 posts
190 upvotes
Victoria
Yup. Unreasonably high resale values are why we upgrade our iPhones often. It's cheaper than running an iPhone till it dies. Wife and I recently got the Xr and Xs on recent RFD deals. We sell on orchard.

While we are heavily invested in the iOS ecosystem, I do miss how minimalist I could make my android homescreens.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2427 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
doomhammer wrote: RFD,

I recently upgraded to a XS from 6S on my personal line. Office provides me with a S9. I gota say I'm loving the S9.

I dont know why Android phones dont have good resale values vs Apple phones. That's the only reason I'm not using Samsung full time. I sold my 6S for a really good price! Samsung <- no way.

The XS feels clunky and dated compared to the S9. The screen too..! I recently used a S10 at a cell booth in Costco <-- damn nice!

Apple hasn't really been innovating since Jobs' demise.
Apple dont discount their product as theres no direct competitors > You pay close to MSRP or MSRP so resale value stays high
*You want to stay with iOS or MacOS? You will have to stay

Smasung is discounting the phone like no tomorrow, always on sale, $0 from many wireless careers to push sales as Android market is very competitive > You pay for less so resale value drops like a rock
*Google / Huawei / LG / Sony / Motorola / OnePlus... You name a tech company, I bet they are selling their own phones
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1036 posts
343 upvotes
Agreed.... I love the new Samsung phones BUT, my three old iPhone 7 is faster than it was new and will receive at least a couple more years of updates while the S9 is already done for major updates after just over a year.

So yes resale value is better on an iPhone, but it also receives years of feature and software updates which keeps me hooked.
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18576 posts
2307 upvotes
Woodbridge
I love android because of Nova Launcher Prime.

I have both Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max and Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and I prefer the iPhone. It's FLAWLESS and SMOOTHER.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1534 posts
133 upvotes
C-53
Shame about Android!

Ah well. That's just how it is.
Please thank me if you find this helpful