Investing

Yahoo Finance ETF Details are Gone (but not forgotten)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 10:14 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1145 posts
2878 upvotes

Yahoo Finance ETF Details are Gone (but not forgotten)

Is anyone else seeing N/A for most of the details for ETF's? The close, open, ranges and volumes display, but everything else is just N/A and it's been this way for weeks now. Something on my end, or is this common for everyone?

Example:

Last edited by FarmerHarv on Aug 24th, 2021 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1145 posts
2878 upvotes
smartie wrote: Like this?
Yep, exactly. It used to have all the info, now...nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
8978 posts
10130 upvotes
@FarmerHarv Maybe you could change your title to reflect this updated information and include the Yahoo ETF in you post body.

I do not use Yahoo, so this is only my guess. I believe the withdrawal of information is related to more stringent "KYC" rules implemented by a regulatory body such as the OSC or the larger body, the CSA. It appears that the changes effect information and service providers.

Specifically; NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 31-103.

Here are some third party links to the updated KYC requirements. Stikeman is law firm that is well thought of and very active in the Canadian Capital Markets.

* Client Focused Reforms: What you Need to Know!
https://www.stikeman.com/en-ca/kh/canad ... ed-to-know

* The OSC on Client Focused Reforms
https://www.morningstar.ca/ca/news/2102 ... forms.aspx

Example # 1

Aug 20th, 2021 5:54 pm

Bull Dog wrote: Binance now forcing full KYC on all its users

Binance KYC

June announcement Binance pulling out of Ontario
Binance pulling out of Ontario
Example # 2

From Investing.com support

"Thank you for contacting Investing.com support.

After checking with the relevant department, please be informed that due to the updated local regulatory policy of Canada, Canadian users can use our app with a mandatory Sign In / Sign Up."

Possible work arounds

1 - Do not update your apps. No doubt this will be forced upon you or eventually the app version will be deprecated later.
2 - Use a VPN set to the US.
3 - The Investing.com or Marketwatch websites; as examples, may still provide what you are looking for. Do not use "dot ca."
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1145 posts
2878 upvotes
Well that pretty much sucks. Thanks @MrMom for digging that up, looks like there's no quick fix. Glad i'm in Spectator Mode™ and don't really need the info these days.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
8978 posts
10130 upvotes
I could be completely wrong. I hated to look, but I did and I saw that Cdn equities having more information. Pick any bank for example. Maybe it's an issue with Yahoo not receiving the information from a vender or Yahoo choosing not to pay for that ETF information. Could be many reasons.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25583 posts
15439 upvotes
Toronto
The Yahoo site seems to be a bit of a laggard with handling ETF and mutual fund data even before plastering N/A all over.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile $40/15GB, $35/20GB, lot less with rewards
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii