Automotive

yes I got myself new wheels

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2015 1:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 15, 2011
5835 posts
1211 upvotes
aGincourt
When you going to spray your calipers and drum red?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16638 posts
5920 upvotes
nomdesplumes wrote: well so far I am saving about 0.70 cents per 100 kilometers with the yaris.
About 0.7l/100km, not a lot, but probably gets you 35-50km extra per full tank which no one can complain about.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18901 posts
1984 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
No front plates rsquired in le belle province?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
476 upvotes
MONTR
Swswswish wrote: When you going to spray your calipers and drum red?
I have alot of things I need to do and yes repainting the calipers and drums are on the list.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4474 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nomdesplumes wrote: can I put some salt bags in the trunk to close the wheel gap?
Well, if you do that, you'll need some salt bags on your front hood to have 50:50 salt weight distribution....
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16638 posts
5920 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: Well, if you do that, you'll need some salt bags on your front hood to have 50:50 salt weight distribution....
more weight will reduce mileage, why do you care anyways?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4474 posts
5289 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Quentin5 wrote: more weight will reduce mileage, why do you care anyways?
Salt was OP's idea. Why do you care?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16638 posts
5920 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: Salt was OP's idea. Why do you care?
sorry, i was talking to the OP, he was saying his mileage is improved vs a corolla so i was trying to say weight will reduce his mileage part way back to the improved mileage reason he traded cars.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
13758 posts
8141 upvotes
Toronto
nomdesplumes wrote: I have alot of things I need to do and yes repainting the calipers and drums are on the list.
I'm super impressed packardbell.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4306 upvotes
nomdesplumes wrote: Here is my current whip with these awesomeness wheels I bought off kijiji for 6 big ones.
really hate the center mounted gauges
Image
1.5 litres of fast and furious fury
Image
Image
I sprayed the 3M clear shield on the hood, should have painted the whole hood.

Image

Image
Image

Image
Image

The yaris is not perfect but saves so much gas than the corolla, I love it.
You get some Takata green race harnesses to match those rims!

Image
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18350 posts
2776 upvotes
Langley
Those wheels look awful.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18901 posts
1984 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I saw this old lady driving a yarns this morning going 70-80kmh on the 401. When I passed it she was leaning forward and looking over the steering wheel! How did she pass her test? Can bare see over the dash board for crying out loud.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2324 posts
586 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
Supercooled wrote: I saw this old lady driving a yarns this morning going 70-80kmh on the 401. When I passed it she was leaning forward and looking over the steering wheel! How did she pass her test? Can bare see over the dash board for crying out loud.
Did it have green rims?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)