Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

[ymmv] 25gb $55 BYOD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2021 4:58 pm
Jan 5, 2018
132 posts
233 upvotes
-420 downvotes
Question: When everyone is getting a $400 bill credit for the new device, do you have to buy the device right away or does the $400 credit stay on the account? Thanks
Last edited by Derek on March 11rd, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 6-9 times in total.
Reason: Edited post to keep it on topic from your off topic brilliance
Oct 27, 2013
225 posts
141 upvotes
Corgipop wrote: TLDR;
-call 1-877-542-6772 and ask for the deal quoting website
-if you don’t receive an activation email
-purchase a virgin SIM card in store
- call 1-888-784-7230 (should be overseas Asian/Indian call centre), talk to activations, and ask to escalate until they activate your purchased sim for you
-bell to virgin port CAN be done. Reps saying otherwise are lying
-deal ends sept 30th. If you’re quick, you can still get it done today/tomorrow.
Thank you for providing your experience and guidance. Ran through the same problems you've identified - almost verbatim. To your point - if you don't get the activation email - that's when you know you'll have problems. As an extra step - we needed to go to a physical store/kiosk to be VERIFIED (drivers license + credit card). The Retail support number to activate the card was different for me though. Piggybacking on the previous steps :

-call 1-877-542-6772 and ask for the deal quoting website
-if you qualify, you will be provided an order number, agreement number, and temporary phone number (if you plan on porting)
-if you don’t receive an activation email shortly (bad news)
-you will need to go to the Virgin Store/Kiosk to be verified (drivers license + credit card, and above order information). Once verified they will provide you with an account #. However, the account # is not active until your SIM card is activated. They will promise to SEND OUT AN ACTIVATED SIM, but you will end up waiting another week only to receive nothing.
-save yourself time, and purchase or ask for a free Virgin SIM card in store (explain the issues with the activation process)
-call 1-888-921-4710 (Bell Retail Support) - there will be an option to choose SIM Activations at the menu prompt. The agent will ask you for the account information, sim card #, etc to activate.
-once your SIM card is activated, you can setup your online Virgin account and see your plan details, etc.
Sep 28, 2021
2 posts
4 upvotes
jun3280 wrote: Thank you for providing your experience and guidance. Ran through the same problems you've identified - almost verbatim. To your point - if you don't get the activation email - that's when you know you'll have problems. As an extra step - we needed to go to a physical store/kiosk to be VERIFIED (drivers license + credit card). The Retail support number to activate the card was different for me though.
Glad to see you got the deal and thanks for updating! My last point was just that I managed to do it without going in for the activation (despite being told it isn’t possible) but this method looks a lot more simple and I would probably just recommend this.