Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

[ymmv] 25gb $55 BYOD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2021 4:58 pm
Sep 20, 2005
522 posts
231 upvotes
Milton
I called to port-in, but they said that they cannot port-in from Bell (which makes sense, but it didn't seem to be an issue before.) I asked if I could port from Bell to Fido and then port in to Virgin the next day and he said that "should be fine." Not sure if I want to take that gamble...
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3886 posts
996 upvotes
Kingston
jingletunes wrote: Can you explain what you mean by 3 months?

I'm currently with Rogers and looking to switch to Virgin. Is there some sort of restriction to switching out of Virgin before the 3 months?
You need to be with Virgin for a minimum of 3 months before you can port out to another provider before Virgin MIGHT offer you this plan. Obviously the longer you stay with Virgin, the better odds are when it comes to getting this Winback offer when you port out to another provider.
Nov 17, 2020
40 posts
69 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Do you really need more GBs? If yes ask Rogers to switch you to 25GB Infinite unlimited data plan. If you are happy with Rogers's speeds, Virgin won't cut it for you. Virgin network switches constantly to 3G/H+. You get what you pay for.
I haven't found any issue with Virgin's speeds and I haven't experienced the network switching to 3G/H+ in the last 2 years in Vancouver/Toronto
Apr 12, 2021
19 posts
15 upvotes
I got it yesterday, almost seemed like a scam from all the information they asked me lol.

Was on hold for an hour and then just quoted the plan to the rep and got it.

Leaving my $68/35gb plan with Rogers for this so hopefully I'll get the $45/25gb winback. If not, oh well, so sad.

Was only using ~18gb a month anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
ColonelCodeine wrote: I got it yesterday, almost seemed like a scam from all the information they asked me lol.

Was on hold for an hour and then just quoted the plan to the rep and got it.

Leaving my $68/35gb plan with Rogers for this so hopefully I'll get the $45/25gb winback. If not, oh well, so sad.

Was only using ~18gb a month anyways.
Is it purely buy your own phone? Or you can still get a phone on the 55/25?
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Apr 12, 2021
19 posts
15 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: Is it purely buy your own phone? Or you can still get a phone on the 55/25?
I wasn't offered anything else in the call, I did only say I was interested in the BYOD plan though.

To me this is one of those "it doesn't get much better than this at the moment" deals so take it while you can.
Dec 21, 2008
73 posts
91 upvotes
Kitchener
lemon0fish wrote: Has anyone tried calling in and asking for an eSIM? Or do I have to get a physical SIM in the mail?
I just called in and the rep said I could use eSIM (if my device supported it), go to a Virgin store to get a physical SIM (but I'd likely be out the $10) or wait a few days for the SIM to be shipped to me.

It may also be interesting to note that I live in Ontario but I have a Quebec number and although I haven't completed the transfer, it looks like the system will support it as my home address is from Ontario. The rep suggested I get a SIM card and call them back. Then they will be able to tell 100% prior to clicking the final button whether it will port with this deal or not. The rep also offered to provide a temp number and then call the (Phone Number) Transfer team once I receive my SIM card if I wanted to go that route. He also said that he doubts most stores would be aware of the promotion but it doesn't hurt to ask them if you're there.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1451 posts
902 upvotes
I'm an existing customer in Alberta and was not offered this deal. The best retention could give is $45 for 10gb
Jul 5, 2021
140 posts
153 upvotes
bits1010 wrote: I just called in and the rep said I could use eSIM (if my device supported it), go to a Virgin store to get a physical SIM (but I'd likely be out the $10) or wait a few days for the SIM to be shipped to me.

It may also be interesting to note that I live in Ontario but I have a Quebec number and although I haven't completed the transfer, it looks like the system will support it as my home address is from Ontario. The rep suggested I get a SIM card and call them back. Then they will be able to tell 100% prior to clicking the final button whether it will port with this deal or not. The rep also offered to provide a temp number and then call the (Phone Number) Transfer team once I receive my SIM card if I wanted to go that route. He also said that he doubts most stores would be aware of the promotion but it doesn't hurt to ask them if you're there.
Thanks! Just called in, activated an eSIM, and requested to port in a BC landline number. The whole process took 50 minutes.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1077 posts
313 upvotes
GVR
waqqas31 wrote: I called to port-in, but they said that they cannot port-in from Bell (which makes sense, but it didn't seem to be an issue before.) I asked if I could port from Bell to Fido and then port in to Virgin the next day and he said that "should be fine." Not sure if I want to take that gamble...
Ask them to set up a new plan, with a new number, and then port in your Bell line after the new line is activated.

That's what a rep at kiosk did for me for the 10 gig plan for $35/$40 last week, all at $0 cost.
Dec 21, 2008
73 posts
91 upvotes
Kitchener
I signed up this evening and ported my QC number and qualified for the promo since I live in ON. The rep threw in 1000 LD minutes (one time to a number of countries including Australia, China, Taiwan, Italy, Mexico and a bunch of other places). I received a call from a Koodo number about 2 hours after switching but no one said anything when I answered. I plan to call them back to see if they will offer me a good win back deal.

Update:
Winback offer was only 20 GB unlimited for $55. They said i didn't qualify for the 25 GB for $45 at the moment.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1936 posts
1762 upvotes
Canada
waqqas31 wrote: I called to port-in, but they said that they cannot port-in from Bell (which makes sense, but it didn't seem to be an issue before.) I asked if I could port from Bell to Fido and then port in to Virgin the next day and he said that "should be fine." Not sure if I want to take that gamble...
Are you not able to port in online later? or does Virgin require you to call in for such things?

Otherwise move to a prepaid Koodo or Prepaid Fido plan and then here..
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1936 posts
1762 upvotes
Canada
VivekV6879 wrote: I haven't found any issue with Virgin's speeds and I haven't experienced the network switching to 3G/H+ in the last 2 years in Vancouver/Toronto
I noticed this switching issue with Koodo as well over the past 6 months, but not oddly with Telus....Not sure why, but my phone would randomly drop to 3G from LTE (iPhone so no H+ showing). It would randomly happen or while I was on Call, also 3G is hard to talk on....cannot hear the other party properly.
May 18, 2012
18 posts
2 upvotes
BRAMPTON
I tried calling Virgin, but was on hold for a long time. Tried chat and got through immediately. But they asked for a promo code, gave the one in OP and they said its already been used.

Will try calling them tomorrow. Do they ask for a promo code when calling in as well?

I’m trying to switch from Rogers.
Dec 14, 2018
29 posts
47 upvotes
Got the offer. I was on hold for 1 hour and 10 mins. I didn't need any code. Setting me up took about 15 mins. I'm in Ontario. Thanks op!
Apr 12, 2019
191 posts
167 upvotes
Need a confirmation before port in from rogers:
At virgin, do you guys receive missed call alert through text message once you turn your phone back on or for the period you were underground with no signal?
Dec 21, 2008
73 posts
91 upvotes
Kitchener
Rand0mGuy wrote: I tried calling Virgin, but was on hold for a long time. Tried chat and got through immediately. But they asked for a promo code, gave the one in OP and they said its already been used.

Will try calling them tomorrow. Do they ask for a promo code when calling in as well?

I’m trying to switch from Rogers.
No promo code required when calling promotion number - 1-877-542-6772. The rep told me they were given 1000 promo codes that are user specific. So when you call them, they take the next available promo code in their list to enter the order into the system. The kiosks/stores don't have access to this promo code list.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1451 posts
902 upvotes
Dirtypoodle wrote: I called in to the number from the link in the original post of this thread , didn't need a promo code to get signed up for this. I didn't ask directly but seems it's open to the whole country, in Alberta myself. The agent was super nice and easily set things up.

Thanks a lot OP! I haven't got winback offers from anyone else and have been waiting for a deal like this.
Were you an existing Virgin Mobile customer or did you port from another provider. I'm in Edmonton and when I called in I was told the deal is only for new customers.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1095 posts
465 upvotes
St Thomas
kcorscadden wrote: I said USUALLY its for Business lines

Only way to confirm is to actually call them and ask.
Thx for sharing this. I’ll be calling before it expires end of this month. Fido has me on $60 for 16 GB currently (for both wife and I). This will be enough for me to leave.
RFD Proud since 07.
Jul 19, 2018
871 posts
1415 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: I'm an existing customer in Alberta and was not offered this deal. The best retention could give is $45 for 10gb
Deal was posted on a Friday. I called 7am Saturday morning to get the deal. From Alberta. Think the rep used a temp Ontario address to get process started then switched it back to alberta later. Idk for sure just speculation

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)