Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

[ymmv] 25gb $55 BYOD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2021 4:58 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1001 posts
709 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Iggyk84 wrote: Got the offer. I was on hold for 1 hour and 10 mins. I didn't need any code. Setting me up took about 15 mins. I'm in Ontario. Thanks op!
what is the process to port your existing number?
you call in, get the plan, get the chip in the mail and then call to port? can you confirm if that's teh case?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1351 posts
1434 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
pca1987 wrote: what is the process to port your existing number?
you call in, get the plan, get the chip in the mail and then call to port? can you confirm if that's teh case?
That's right, they will activate on a temp number so you don't lose service while waiting for the sim to arrive.

Once it gets there I think you can do the number port yourself on your account (there should be an option).

If there isn't, then you can call in and have a rep do the port for you.
Jun 3, 2007
28 posts
4 upvotes
Just switched a couple of phones from Fido. SIM card will be delivered by mail, the activation will be credit on the second invoice. Sounds like when I get the SIM cards, I will need to call in and port the number over. Need to provide the confirmation number and your old account number.
They did ask a lot of questions. But straight forward procedure.
Thanks
Jul 7, 2017
17 posts
11 upvotes
Asked Fido to match the plan but they couldn't because the link didn't work on their computer. Instead, they offered $40 10GB ($50 10GB with $10 discount for 12 months) which I accepted.
Feb 20, 2021
68 posts
93 upvotes
Currently a Virgin customer paying $70/month for 20GB. Called in for this offer but they denied saying it is for new customers only. Gave them a nasty response just before telling them I'm leaving Virgin
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5498 posts
5146 upvotes
Toronto
pingupie wrote: Just switched a couple of phones from Fido. SIM card will be delivered by mail, the activation will be credit on the second invoice. Sounds like when I get the SIM cards, I will need to call in and port the number over. Need to provide the confirmation number and your old account number.
They did ask a lot of questions. But straight forward procedure.
Thanks
expect a call from fido winback

$45 for 25GB
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Nike297 wrote: Currently a Virgin customer paying $70/month for 20GB. Called in for this offer but they denied saying it is for new customers only. Gave them a nasty response just before telling them I'm leaving Virgin
Time to leave Virgin!
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16855 posts
5323 upvotes
Markham
Anyone ask for 1000 LD minutes?
someone mention got it ( but from a Virgin Kiosk)
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Apr 12, 2010
26 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Keigotw wrote: Anyone ask for 1000 LD minutes?
someone mention got it ( but from a Virgin Kiosk)
Just called and recieved the 1000 long distance minutes. Was on wait for almost 4 hours but process took about 15 minutes.
Jun 3, 2007
28 posts
4 upvotes
It was strange I had to go to a kiosk and take my ID, so they can verify it was me before proceeding with Virgin... lol, So I also picked up a couple of SIM cards to do the switch over at home. No charge for the SIM cards. But took a while at the kiosk to verify it was me.
Took me about another hour at home to get everything moved. All done.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1095 posts
465 upvotes
St Thomas
mligeeksquad wrote: Asked Fido to match the plan but they couldn't because the link didn't work on their computer. Instead, they offered $40 10GB ($50 10GB with $10 discount for 12 months) which I accepted.
Wouldn’t offer me the same. Got 10 plus 5GB add on offered instead for $50. Was on $60 8 plus 8 gb before.
RFD Proud since 07.
Sep 21, 2019
872 posts
579 upvotes
Is this the best deal right now for back to school? No winback or going to a 3rd party store to sign up.
Last edited by Kagaho on Sep 14th, 2021 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16855 posts
5323 upvotes
Markham
Kagaho wrote: Is this the best deal right now for back to acho? No wingback or going to a 3rd party store to sign up.
yes, if you need that much data
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Sep 13, 2021
26 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone know if Bell is offering winback offers this month? This is my last month, and am looking for a new plan, better then the current 6gb for 45$
Sep 21, 2019
872 posts
579 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: yes, if you need that much data
Ok, I don't need that much data. What would be the best deal right now for you?
Last edited by Kagaho on Sep 14th, 2021 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 25, 2020
30 posts
21 upvotes
Last week I got a winback offer from Koodo but it's meh. They basically matched and added international features which I have zero need for.

$55/25GB
1250 international min
unlimited international texts
VM10
Dec 11, 2020
16 posts
31 upvotes
Here is my advice:

Just wait until boxing day to engage in these deals.

We received two phones (Samsung Android, near top of the line S10, at the time), for $40 per month (4gb which has been decent since we have been at home and using wifi and 4gb was also decent then; admittedly the gb being offered here have risen with improvements in technology.

We received $150 in prepaid Visa cards for each phone, and a bunch of money to spend at the mall kiosk, with which we proceeded to buy cases, extra charging cords, screen protectors, etc (all essentially free). And the phone "regular price" was ~$900 - $1,000.

And the per month cost was $40 per month ($80+ tax for two sweet cell phones).

The best part about this is that the two years ends on Christmas, so you're always getting a superb deal on a new phone (with no breakage fees or phone pay outs), with lots of extras from either virgin, fido, etc. on every 2nd boxing day.

I imagine this year's deals will offer double digit amounts of GB and still provide the extra VISA/MC prepaid card, and cases, cords, screen protection, especially if you're willing to take the phone that is the next to the latest released.

I'm finding the improvement in phones is good but getting marginal. Why get hosed on the "just released" when it becomes sufficiently obsolete in 2 years when you trade it in for a better model. I don't need Siri to do Yoga with me

Sorry if this deviates from the discussion of the specifically aforementioned deal.

Just sharing a different perspective on timing and how to extract nearly as much as possible from these telecom companies.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Flatbugs wrote: Here is my advice:

Just wait until boxing day to engage in these deals.

We received two phones (Samsung Android, near top of the line S10, at the time), for $40 per month (4gb which has been decent since we have been at home and using wifi and 4gb was also decent then; admittedly the gb being offered here have risen with improvements in technology.

We received $150 in prepaid Visa cards for each phone, and a bunch of money to spend at the mall kiosk, with which we proceeded to buy cases, extra charging cords, screen protectors, etc (all essentially free). And the phone "regular price" was ~$900 - $1,000.

And the per month cost was $40 per month ($80+ tax for two sweet cell phones).

The best part about this is that the two years ends on Christmas, so you're always getting a superb deal on a new phone (with no breakage fees or phone pay outs), with lots of extras from either virgin, fido, etc. on every 2nd boxing day.

I imagine this year's deals will offer double digit amounts of GB and still provide the extra VISA/MC prepaid card, and cases, cords, screen protection, especially if you're willing to take the phone that is the next to the latest released.

I'm finding the improvement in phones is good but getting marginal. Why get hosed on the "just released" when it becomes sufficiently obsolete in 2 years when you trade it in for a better model. I don't need Siri to do Yoga with me

Sorry if this deviates from the discussion of the specifically aforementioned deal.

Just sharing a different perspective on timing and how to extract nearly as much as possible from these telecom companies.
The last time I got good deal in VirginMobile last 2017 since then they introduce the paying of tab. But the best time to do an upgrade is when there is a good deal on provider or another carrier e.g. free phone + discount + gc.
Sep 21, 2019
872 posts
579 upvotes
Virgin uses Bell towers right, but are they throttled? Like Public Mobile being throttled to use 3g only.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Kagaho wrote: Virgin uses Bell towers right, but are they throttled? Like Public Mobile being throttled to use 3g only.
Depends where you are, in the city they use LTE and LTE+.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)