Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

[ymmv] 25gb $55 BYOD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2021 4:58 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1343 posts
1339 upvotes
c4ndl3burn3r wrote: Is this deal for unlimited calling in Canada only or includes the US as well???
Canada only
Dec 14, 2018
29 posts
47 upvotes
Zen22 wrote: I just called the number and they wouldn't give me the deal unless I provided an unused code. They said its "not" in their system.
The not-so-friendly sales rep I spoke to also mentioned other people calling in for this deal but were turned down.
What number did you call...?
I called the number found in the link. They asked how I found out about the deal and I just told them I got it in my email. Maybe that'll help.
Jan 23, 2007
299 posts
312 upvotes
London
I regret taking this plan and leaving Telus... you hear that Telus? I'm SORRY! PLEASE CALL ME FOR A WINBACK!>[email protected]?!W#D I'll even pay now what I'm paying virgin! It's a win win! Please??? please
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5198 posts
4954 upvotes
GTA
K85 wrote: I regret taking this plan and leaving Telus... you hear that Telus? I'm SORRY! PLEASE CALL ME FOR A WINBACK!>[email protected]?!W#D I'll even pay now what I'm paying virgin! It's a win win! Please??? please
Why?
Dec 30, 2018
66 posts
48 upvotes
Worst customer service ever. Avoid!

I signed up early September..my sim cards still haven't been shipped out and it looks like it never will. Long story short the rep forgot to transfer me to some verification team after the call, so when I had called back I was forced to present my IDs in store to fully activate. After that I bounced around from rep to rep asking where are my sim cards are since it's been weeks. I've talked to about 8 different people including managers. At the store level they won't do anything or give me the sims.

Horrendous customer service, and at this point I don't even want to activate the sims if they miraculously turn up.

Absolute garbage customer service. If i have to jump through this many hoops to be a customer I can't imagine if and when I am one what I'll be dealing with for other issues.
Aug 10, 2011
35 posts
32 upvotes
TORONTO
Ended up leaving Virgin after a week. I kept getting H+ instead of LTE. They told me it's a network outage. Those shouldn't take a week to resolve and this was happening on multiple locations, even when driving.
Mar 17, 2021
416 posts
708 upvotes
TaNgTaNg wrote: Wasn't able to get in on the $55 for 25 gb... but was able to get the $55 for 30GB with the 1000 LD minutes add on.

I'm a new customer
The sales rep didn't give me this deal and he sounded like he was driving. He said I needed a unique code I would have received with an e-mail or mail and when I said I may have lost that code he said he can't do anything.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
RedFlagDeal11 wrote: Ended up leaving Virgin after a week. I kept getting H+ instead of LTE. They told me it's a network outage. Those shouldn't take a week to resolve and this was happening on multiple locations, even when driving.
I encounter that issue when I was using Freedom Mobile Phone on a Virgin Mobile Sim Card, but once I updated the phone the signal always LTE and LTE+.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Apr 12, 2021
19 posts
15 upvotes
Grimlocks wrote: Worst customer service ever. Avoid!

I signed up early September..my sim cards still haven't been shipped out and it looks like it never will. Long story short the rep forgot to transfer me to some verification team after the call, so when I had called back I was forced to present my IDs in store to fully activate. After that I bounced around from rep to rep asking where are my sim cards are since it's been weeks. I've talked to about 8 different people including managers. At the store level they won't do anything or give me the sims.

Horrendous customer service, and at this point I don't even want to activate the sims if they miraculously turn up.

Absolute garbage customer service. If i have to jump through this many hoops to be a customer I can't imagine if and when I am one whan a I'll be dealing with for other issues.
You're not alone, the EXACT same thing happened to me. They had me sign up on a $45/4gb BYOP plan and said someone should contact me within the next two weeks two update my plan with the original agreement number from my first sign up on the phone.

Absolutely ridiculous, it shouldn't be this hard! I WANT TO GIVE MY MONEY TO YOU VIRGIN, JUST GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER

The plus side is there was a $50 Walmart gift card promo for signing up for Virgin through Walmart wireless, but it still doesn't really make it worth it...
Mar 17, 2021
416 posts
708 upvotes
I called Bell stating I had this offer from Virgin Mobile (and was planning to port over 4 phones to Virgin (after virgin already rejected me, so it was a bluff).

I got someone nice in the loyalty department and she gave me what she said is typically a win-back offer. She also openly told me that for future reference, Bell doesn't care about losing customers to Virgin because it's the same parent company. I also needed new phones (still have iPhone 6, 6, 7, & 7) and she told me I should wait until black friday because Bell will be having way better deals for phones at that time.

Aren't the calls recorded/monitored? Because she was being a little too nice and acting like she gave 0 **** and was about to quit. Spend an hour on the phone with her)

I got a decent plan for 4 phones:

Line 1 - $65
Line 2 - $45
Line 3 - $45
Line 4 - $45

Averages out to $50/line and it's 120 GB shared data and then slower data for free (30 GB per line).
Mar 17, 2021
416 posts
708 upvotes
I called Bell stating I had this offer from Virgin Mobile (and was planning to port over 4 phones to Virgin (after virgin already rejected me, so it was a bluff).

I got someone nice in the loyalty department and she gave me what she said is typically a win-back offer. She also openly told me that for future reference, Bell doesn't care about losing customers to Virgin because it's the same parent company. I also needed new phones (still have iPhone 6, 6, 7, & 7) and she told me I should wait until black friday because Bell will be having way better deals for phones at that time.

Aren't the calls recorded/monitored? Because she was being a little too nice and acting like she gave 0 sh*ts and was about to quit. Spend an hour on the phone with her)

I got a decent plan for 4 phones:

Line 1 - $65
Line 2 - $45
Line 3 - $45
Line 4 - $45

Averages out to $50/line and it's 120 GB shared data and then slower data for free (30 GB per line).
Jan 23, 2007
299 posts
312 upvotes
London
I have gotten more failed text messages in the few weeks than I have EVER had, combined, with rogers, telus AND bell...

Any time I called for support, they would either transfer me, and disconnect; have me call another number, and disconnect; transfer me to bell, who then tell me to call the number I was JUST TRANSFERRED FROM...

Useless bellends
Tommy74 wrote: Why?
Apr 16, 2013
769 posts
826 upvotes
Surrey
StockDollar wrote: I called Bell stating I had this offer from Virgin Mobile (and was planning to port over 4 phones to Virgin (after virgin already rejected me, so it was a bluff).

I got someone nice in the loyalty department and she gave me what she said is typically a win-back offer. She also openly told me that for future reference, Bell doesn't care about losing customers to Virgin because it's the same parent company.
I am assuming you are new to Canada? or you have been brainwashed by Robellus to make it look like there are so many national cell phone provider in Canada. Where in reality there are only Three. So in case you Didn't know Virgin is Bell.
Mar 17, 2021
416 posts
708 upvotes
jattdesi wrote: I am assuming you are new to Canada? or you have been brainwashed by Robellus to make it look like there are so many national cell phone provider in Canada. Where in reality there are only Three. So in case you Didn't know Virgin is Bell.
Yeah, I know Virgin is Bell. I just didn't expect the worker from the loyalty department of Bell to react the way they did. Usually, they seem fixated on extorting maximal money out of you.
Dec 14, 2018
29 posts
47 upvotes
K85 wrote: I have gotten more failed text messages in the few weeks than I have EVER had, combined, with rogers, telus AND bell...

Any time I called for support, they would either transfer me, and disconnect; have me call another number, and disconnect; transfer me to bell, who then tell me to call the number I was JUST TRANSFERRED FROM...

Useless bellends
I've been with virgin for a week now and I haven't had any issues. At the start I was getting slow speeds but then I rebooted my phone and the speeds were alot better. Even at spots where I usually get a bad signal I was getting a better signal with virgin.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5198 posts
4954 upvotes
GTA
StockDollar wrote: Yeah, I know Virgin is Bell. I just didn't expect the worker from the loyalty department of Bell to react the way they did. Usually, they seem fixated on extorting maximal money out of you.
Same loyalty department, same building, same floor. Ok, today I'm taking Bell's calls, can you do Virgin? Don't fool yourself that Bell employee will be trying to make money for Bell, Virgin for Virgin- one mother.
Sep 28, 2021
2 posts
4 upvotes
Literally made an RFD account to make a post here. I received the deal, but jumped through many hoops to get there. Here’s how I got it:

-Aug 30th I call 1-877-542-6772 to activate the deal. When asked about promo codes, I said that I saw the deal on the virginplus website and that it simply just said to call in this number to get the deal, no promo should be required (this is the truth as seen here: https://www.virginplus.ca/en/hot-offers ... rovince=ON). After a bit of time, the rep takes my info and sets me up. Also tells me no port from Bell to Virgin is allowed, and that SIM card will come in mail. AT THIS POINT IF YOU DO NO RECEIVE AN EMAIL, you are NOT activated. I’m not sure if you can stay on the phone with the rep until you receive one.

-2 weeks pass by and I don’t get a SIM card as other people mentioned. I call in again inquiring about the SIM card. I’m told that the line was never actually activated. I complained to the rep about it and the rep said he now has issued the sim and I should wait a few more days.

-1 more week passes by and still nothing. I call in again and once again I’m told that the sim card isn’t issued. Again I get bounced around from rep to rep. I try calling 1-888-784-7230 and it connects to an indian/Asian call centre unlike the others so far. One Philipino rep in the activations team tells me that if I went out and purchased my own sim, he could just activate this line for me.

-****MOST IMPORTANT PART**** The next day I go to the mall to buy a SIM card for $11. Call the virgin line again and again I’m told by reps that there’s no way to activate this SIM card over the phone, must be done in store. Another rep says I need a promo code. Another rep tells me that they can’t even do this at all, but if I go into store, they can make me a new account with this plan. Don’t listen to any of it. These reps don’t seem to be lying, they all just seem to have been given different direction. I then try calling the same number of the rep who said he would activate for me if I provided the SIM card (+1 (888) 784-7230) and asked to speak to activations. A lot of the reps I had dealt with until now (who were useless) seemed to be in a british/Australian? call centre, but the rep from this number seemed to be Philipino. It wasn’t the same person I spoke to the day before, and at first he started saying things about promo codes, but I just argued with him saying the deal was on their website and it just said to dial in. I then asked him to escalate the situation and talk to his manager. He then magically remembered a method for him to activate my purchased sim and proceeded to do so for me with 0 hiccups. He also did my bell to virgin port.

TLDR;
-call 1-877-542-6772 and ask for the deal quoting website
-if you don’t receive an activation email
-purchase a virgin SIM card in store
- call 1-888-784-7230 (should be overseas Asian/Indian call centre), talk to activations, and ask to escalate until they activate your purchased sim for you
-bell to virgin port CAN be done. Reps saying otherwise are lying
-deal ends sept 30th. If you’re quick, you can still get it done today/tomorrow.
Feb 19, 2018
54 posts
31 upvotes
Appreciate this, OP - was able to port from Telus EPP that was at $67.50 for 10GB into this one. Porting took some work with the CSR rep but it all worked out in th end.
Apr 12, 2021
19 posts
15 upvotes
Finally got my sim card yesterday, set up and ported number in took about 45 mins for them to do everything and cancel my other temp line.

Terrible experience with Virgin considering I signed up Sept 8th and didn't get my sim until Oct 4th and had to activate in store after signing up online.

But now I've got $55/25gb and no complaints with service yet.

Hoping for that $45/25gb rogers call...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)