Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine Savings

YMMV 5.00% Interest rate on New Savings from December 6, 2022 to April 30,2023

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2023 9:13 am
Tags:
None
Nov 20, 2014
152 posts
290 upvotes
London, ON
This is literally a top post right now on the side, not sure how you missed it.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2019
1203 posts
878 upvotes
Ontario
Why every new post is on this?

search before posting the same thing...
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1327 posts
993 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I see now, it's in the thread titled %4.75, I presume you mean that. Sorry for the duplicate.
Jan 14, 2012
59 posts
120 upvotes
Mississauga
Most likely not applicable since its about a savings account, but just be aware that for some god awful reason beyond comprehension, Tangerine places holds on EFT's.... maybe this is account specific, but i've been banking with them for years. Never had any other institution do this.
Nov 27, 2017
259 posts
434 upvotes
Can you withdraw from your existing tangerine savings account and just re deposit it?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2005
1197 posts
633 upvotes
ontario
Actually got the email today. Guess they get my money until April.
Aug 13, 2005
180 posts
53 upvotes
toronto
Rant time: I spoke to an annoying agent - not only would they not give me the offer, they wouldn't even say directly they wouldn't give it to me. Just said some crap about how their systems check for eligibility, blah blah. I then explicitly asked if they were denying me the offer, but they just repeated the same crap.

I have no idea if they're trained to do that, but in any event, it's annoying AF

So it was kinda satisfying to tell them to transfer out all my money. They somehow didn't seem to expect that - I told them their rate sucks. They tried to talk about GICs but I shut that down. I think they must have asked my 3 or 4 times if I was transferring my money. In hindsight, I was probably too patient with them. The call took 30 min - just to ask about rates and transfer out my money Confused Face
Jul 30, 2018
193 posts
45 upvotes
What do I need to do get this? Hmm. I am a tangerine customer…
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4567 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
GammaRayFort wrote: of course, every single time.

i opened simplii two weeks ago and moved every penny there.

rinse and repeat
I'd add a third one as well, in case you lose out on both lotteries, then can move back as soon as one of them gives you a good rate. I use EQ for that purpose.
Aug 15, 2009
284 posts
83 upvotes
Does anybody know what the best way to deposit money into Tangerine is?

In the past I've written cheques to myself, but am wondering if there are is any catch with linking an external bank account and doing a deposit that way. What's the underlying mechanism for this transfer? Will Tangerine or any of the Big 5 banks charge a fee for doing this? Any data points appreciated.

Thanks!
Mar 25, 2013
775 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
If I have money in my tangerine savings dose it count if I move to my tangerine tfsa?
DroidKid
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4611 upvotes
Mississauga
tmo72 wrote: Rant time: I spoke to an annoying agent - not only would they not give me the offer, they wouldn't even say directly they wouldn't give it to me. Just said some crap about how their systems check for eligibility, blah blah. I then explicitly asked if they were denying me the offer, but they just repeated the same crap.

I have no idea if they're trained to do that, but in any event, it's annoying AF

So it was kinda satisfying to tell them to transfer out all my money. They somehow didn't seem to expect that - I told them their rate sucks. They tried to talk about GICs but I shut that down. I think they must have asked my 3 or 4 times if I was transferring my money. In hindsight, I was probably too patient with them. The call took 30 min - just to ask about rates and transfer out my money Confused Face
I got fed up with Tangerine and told them that I will be closing my account by end of this week. I received an automated email as per below. I know no action will be taken by Tangerine as they really don't care, but wanted to get it off my chest.

Hi,

We are writing to acknowledge your complaint filed with Tangerine on 06/12/2022. Your case number is COMP_00000XXXXX. You may have already received a resolution to your complaint prior to receiving this communication. If not, know we are currently reviewing your concern.

Tangerine takes your complaint seriously and is committed to ensuring your concerns are heard and addressed.

The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), the body that regulates consumer protection, permits the Bank a total of 56 days, from receipt of a complaint to resolution.

Your complaint is currently at the first stage of Tangerine's complaint handling process, which allots us 14 days for initial investigation and response. If we are unable to resolve your complaint within the initial 14-day timeframe, it will escalate to the Tangerine Client Response Group, and you will be notified. You also have the option of escalating the complaint, yourself, at any time during our initial investigation.

For your reference, below outlines complete details of our complaint handling process

If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 1-888-826-4374.

Sincerely,
Team Tangerine
Telus $30/75gb US-Canada Plan x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Sep 26, 2016
80 posts
31 upvotes
Thanks, just got this after joining last month. I did move some money out last week.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2541 posts
2315 upvotes
Pickering
jadoogar wrote: I got fed up with Tangerine and told them that I will be closing my account by end of this week. I received an automated email as per below. I know no action will be taken by Tangerine as they really don't care, but wanted to get it off my chest.

This. If there's one thing I learned about business, is that they really don't give a damn until it starts affecting their bottom line. I'm sure they hear the "I'm gonna cancel/close my account and take my business elsewhere" call all the time, and I'm not here to discourage anybody from taking their money where they feel it's best. But unless there's a mass exodus of some kind? They really don't care. Everything is automated now-a-days and run by convoluted algorithms that may very well be above the paygrade of the call-center reps you talk to.

I moved my money out of Tangerine and put it in EQ the last time I didn't get the promotional offer. Triggered it about a week later. If there's a better offer out there, I'm gonna jump on that, too. Which I'm sure these big companies keep track of. All a numbers game in the end.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $40/20GB + $40/50GB/BYOD
Mar 27, 2016
755 posts
424 upvotes
From Umi, with ♡
expire date is Dec 31Winking Face
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1157 posts
824 upvotes
Scarborough
09halu wrote: expire date is Dec 31Winking Face
The offer has to be accepted by 31-Dec-2022. Promotional interest expiry is 31-Mar-2023
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1157 posts
824 upvotes
Scarborough
champagnepapi514 wrote: Can you withdraw from your existing tangerine savings account and just re deposit it?
I confirmed with Tangerine, the promotional interest is applicable on existing balances too, unlike other offers where it's applicable on new deposits only.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)