Hot Deals

(YMMV) $50 GC (50,000 Points) With 100$ CIBC Air Canada Conversion Card using Drop App

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 3:31 pm
[OP]
Apr 8, 2016
141 posts
291 upvotes

(YMMV) $50 GC (50,000 Points) With 100$ CIBC Air Canada Conversion Card using Drop App

Price:
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
July 29, 2018
I believe most of the RFD'ers are familiar with this app. For those who are not familiar with Drop app, it's a rewards app where you have to add your credit card and debit card info along with regular stores where you shop the most. Each time you spend money at those stores using registered cards, drop points will be added to your account automatically. I came across this app at carrot rewards event where they were promoting this app. and It was launched first in Canada and later in the US (in December, I guess), featured in Forbes - https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurencebr ... 3d6f8669cb and business insider - http://www.businessinsider.com/drop-is- ... pp-2016-12

1000 Drop points = 1$
You can redeem points for various gift cards which include Amazon, Starbucks, iTunes, swiss chalet, chapters indigo, old navy, gap, American eagle, kobo, Montana's, the keg, Kelsey, Harveys, Tim Hortons, Groupon, Banana Republic, Apple, Sportcheck, Bestbuy etc. Redemption starts at 2$ which is equal to 2000 points for few gift cards.

There are 2 types of offers, continuous and 1-time offers. Point to be noted, this deal is a 1-time offer and one time offers have expiration dates. You can 5 choose continuous or ongoing offers at the time of installation and you cannot change them once you finalize them. so choose wisely.
My continuous offers include - SDM (3pts per 1$ spent), McDonalds (5pts per 1$ spent), Uber (2 pts per 1$ spent), Walmart (2pts per 1$ spent), Timhortons (5pts per 1$ spent). After spending 5 times on an offer, you earn a supercharge and you get to play the good old snake game on phone and you can earn up to 1000 points depending on how good you are at the game.

If anyone is planning on signing up use promo codes from your friends who are using this app so that both can earn 1000 pts (1$). You can earn 1000 points for 1st referral, 2000 for second and 5000 after 5th referral once each. You can earn up to 10$ if you use a referral code and refer 5 more people.

Coming to the current offer, I strongly believe that it used to be 20,000 initially and 40,000 points later (http://www.milescollection.com/2017/06/ ... 20000.html). I checked it today morning and found it to be 50,000 drop points (Worth 50$). Nevertheless, I believe that it was not posted in RFD previously.

Once you are done with installation and registration process, if you do not find the offer in your app, ask your friends to send a referral link . Both can earn 500 pts (50 cents)

Air Canada Conversion Card
Terms and Conditions

Offer is eligible for 50,000 Drop points, please allow up to 2 weeks for points to be awarded.
The Drop points will be awarded after you sign up and load a minimum of $100CAD equivalent in foreign currency onto the Air Canada Conversion Card.
User must use the same email as your Drop account and signup through the link provided in the offer (Link you see in your app).
Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with CIBC.
Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

CIBC Air Canada® AC conversion™ Visa* Prepaid Card - https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... -card.html

I am not familiar with conversion charges, but the link above says that you can load Canadian dollars as well (Will conversion charges apply for loading CAD?) and can be used online.

So, if everything works fine you, will earn 51,500 points ($51.5) + 100$ prepaid visa card + regular points on spending.

(Edit

Security FAQs

Why does Drop need my financial information?
We track your transactional data to reward you with points seamlessly, so you don't have to carry extra cards or open new apps.

What information does Drop see from my linked account?
Drop only sees your transaction data. We never see your account balance or any other personal information linked to your account.

How are you able to access my transaction data without storing my account credentials?
To access your transaction data, our system transforms your credentials into a key that is meaningless out of context, even to us. No one will be able to tell from our system which account is yours once linked.

Does Drop see my account balances?
No, we only see your transaction level data.

Source: https://www.earnwithdrop.com/pages/security

You can write them to get clear answers to your questions.
)

Update - Dec 16- saw this on their FB page today
Money With WingsMoney With WingsMoney With Wings WIN 1,000,000 Drop Points Money With WingsMoney With WingsMoney With Wings

Drop has partnered with CIBC to give away 1,000,000 Drop points to one lucky winner. That's 1,000,000 points to spend on any of our rewards — the ultimate way to start 2018!

To win:
* Download Drop → http://b.ewd.io/Drop
* Already have the card? Simply activate the offer and reload!

**PRO TIP** Share this social post and we'll throw in an additional 5 contest entries!

Contest ends Dec 31st, 2017 at 12pm EST and is open to all Canadian residents.

Link-https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6189078221

Below are few screen shots from my app..

Other current 1 time offers include

Under Armour - Offer is eligible for 5,000 Drop points.Drop points will be awarded when you spend more than $40 at Under Armour.User must be a new customer to Under Armour.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Under Armour - Offer is eligible for Drop points.User will receive 100 Drop points per $1 spent, for any transaction over $75.User must spend online at Under Armour using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points. Upon check out, you must use the same email you use on Drop.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Under Armour.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

RAWSPICEBAR - Offer is eligible for 12,000 Drop points when you sign-up for a quarterly subscription, or 25,000 points when you sign-up for an annual subscrption.User must sign-up using a Drop linked card.User must be a new customer.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with RawSpiceBar.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

DoorDash - Offer is eligible for 10,000 Drop points.The Drop points will only be awarded on your first transaction with DoorDash.User may spend any amount at DoorDash using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with DoorDash.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Swiss Chalet - Offer is eligible for 2,000 Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded after your transaction with Swiss Chalet.User must spend $30 at Swiss Chalet using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer is valid for 14 days after activation.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Swiss Chalet.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Second Cup - Offer is eligible for 200 Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded after your transaction with Second Cup.User must spend $5 at Second Cup using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer is valid for 14 days after activation.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Second Cup.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Kobo - Offer is eligible for 4,000 Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded when you spend with Kobo for the first time.User must spend at least $5 with The Kobo using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points. User must shop through the offer link above to earn Drop points.You must use the same email address you use with Drop at checkout.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Kobo.Points will be debited from users account if a refund has been made.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Booster Juice - Offer is eligible for 500 Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded after your Booster Juice purchase.User must spend at least $10 at Booster Juice using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer is valid for 14 days after the date activated.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Booster Juice.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Frank And Oak - Offer is eligible for 15,000 Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded after your transaction with Frank And Oak.User must subscribe to the Style Plan for their first time at Frank And Oak using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer is valid until August 1, 2017.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Frank And Oak.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

NatureBox - Offer is eligible for 7,500 Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded once for your first transaction with NatureBox.User must spend at least $20 at NatureBox using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer expires December 31, 2017.Offer can not be used in conjunction with other Naturebox offers including a referral bonus or Free Box promotion code.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Pay Bills on Plastiq - Offer is eligible for Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded on each $1 billed through Plastiq.Customers must use one of their cards linked to Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Plastiq.Points will be debited from users account if a refund has been made.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Hubble Contacts - Offer is eligible for 25,000 Drop pointsUser must spend at least $40 at Hubble using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer is valid until December 31, 2017.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Hubble.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

foodora - Offer is eligible for 10,000 Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded once for your first transaction with foodora.User may spend any amount at foodora using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer expires December 31, 2017.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with foodora.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

LOVE GOODLY - Offer is eligible for 15,000 Drop points.Drop points will be awarded when you spend more than $35 on the LOVE GOODLY websiteUser must sign up through the link in the offer.User must be a new customer.User must use the same email as your Drop account when making any purchases.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with LOVE GOODLY.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Giftagram - Offer is eligible for 20,000 Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded after your first transaction with Giftagram.User must spend at least $40 at Giftagram using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Giftagram.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Topdeck Travel - Offer is eligible for 100,000 Drop points.The Drop points will be awarded when you book and pay for your Topdeck trip through https://www.topdeck.travel/.Your trip must exceed $1,000 and be paid in full before your Drop points will be awarded.You must use your drop linked email and credit card when booking on Topdeck.Offer cannot be combined with any other offer with Topdeck.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Church's Chicken - Offer is eligible for Drop points. 100 Drop points will be awarded on each $1 spent at Church's Chicken.User may spend any amount with Church's Chicken using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Points will be debited from users account if a refund has been made.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

foodora - Offer is eligible for 20 Drop points for every $1 spent with foodora.The Drop points will be awarded for any transaction with foodora.User may spend any amount with foodora using one of their cards linked with Drop to receive points.Please allow up to five (5) days after a valid transaction is processed for Drop points to be issued.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with foodora.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Shelfies - Offer is eligible for 10,000 Drop points.Drop points will be awarded when you purchase from Shelfies with your Drop linked card.User must be a new customer.Offer cannot be combined with any other offers with Shelfies.Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

P.S: I'm in no way affiliated with drop. I have spend around an hour preparing this post. If there is a violation of RFD policy please let me know and I'll edit it.
Images
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.12 AM (1).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.12 AM (2).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.12 AM (3).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.12 AM (4).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.12 AM (5).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.12 AM (6).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.12 AM.jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.13 AM (1).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.13 AM (2).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.13 AM (3).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.13 AM (4).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.13 AM (5).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.13 AM (6).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.13 AM (7).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.13 AM (8).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-13 at 8.50.13 AM.jpeg
Last edited by Rohith2016 on Dec 13th, 2017 8:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
I believe that anything more than 50% of its original price is not a good deal
Thread Summary
1st time top-up has to be Foreign currency > $100 CAD value (I used USD). After that you can top-up in CAD

Drop points should be instantly rewarded (the case for my $40 offer)
108 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1343 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
p.s no referrals, other than that very nice post
i bought this card a few weeks ago and have yet to see the points. i put exactly 100 CAD and got around 79ish USD.
gonna send them an email today to ask about my points
[OP]
Apr 8, 2016
141 posts
291 upvotes
o1jellybean wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 9:01 am
i bought this card a few weeks ago and have yet to see the points. i put exactly 100 CAD and got around 79ish USD.
Thank you. I'll remove referral code ASAP
[OP]
Apr 8, 2016
141 posts
291 upvotes
o1jellybean wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 9:01 am
Hi 01jellybean, if you don't mind me asking, was it 50k points when you signed up for this?
Nov 8, 2005
145 posts
31 upvotes
I signed up for the AC CIBC Conversion card when the offer was 40k. Good find OP!
[OP]
Apr 8, 2016
141 posts
291 upvotes
kjmckenz wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 9:23 am
I signed up for the AC CIBC Conversion card when the offer was 40k. Good find OP!
Thank you. Good to know. I believe that it takes more than two weeks for the points be seen in your account. How long did it take for you?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1343 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Rohith2016 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 9:21 am
Hi 01jellybean, if you don't mind me asking, was it 50k points when you signed up for this?
i signed up when it was still 40k pts. i wonder if they will now give me 50k instead of 40k when i message them lol
Nov 8, 2005
145 posts
31 upvotes
Rohith2016 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 10:06 am
Thank you. Good to know. I believe that it takes more than two weeks for the points be seen in your account. How long did it take for you?
My points were credited less than a week after signing up. I think you just need to make sure that you're using the same payment card for the CIBC AC card as what you have linked in the Drop app.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2505 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Can this app be used on rooted phone?
Needed to sign in to cc with this app. Is it safe?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2505 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Rohith2016 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 10:31 am
https://www.earnwithdrop.com/pages/security
Go through this...
I am not sure I can trust what they say, especially linking the bank account with this app
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2016
141 posts
291 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 10:39 am
I am not sure I can trust what they say, especially linking the bank account with this app
Heres the explanation. But as I mentioned YMMV
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2505 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
When I get to the page to load the $100.
I cannot find CAD as currency!