Tags:
[OP]
Feb 3, 2011
28 posts
9 upvotes
Gatineau

YMMV 8gb for $40 (win back team)

Hope we all had fun reading this. It's time to move on
Last edited by nildc on May 15th, 2019 6:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
45 replies
Oct 28, 2016
750 posts
1940 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Huge YMMV. They are losing customers big time. Sorry op but this one is gonna get slaughtered with downvotes.
Last edited by Spawk1028 on May 14th, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Live Long....and ProspeRFD"
[OP]
Feb 3, 2011
28 posts
9 upvotes
Gatineau
Btw, ontario 613 number and obviously byop plan. They also confirmed that the price won't change; they literally said never (call was being recorded so they can't back out)
Jan 13, 2009
322 posts
197 upvotes
Concrete Jungle
Should be moved. Don't think this is considered HOT if its YMMV.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2620 posts
637 upvotes
nildc wrote:
May 14th, 2019 3:43 pm
Btw, ontario 613 number and obviously byop plan. They also confirmed that the price won't change; they literally said never (call was being recorded so they can't back out)
"Can't back out"... that's adorably naive.
na na na na na na na na na NA.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
2983 posts
1804 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
ha ha I moved to PM on the $40 ($38) 5GB plan and Rogers winback offered $72 for 5GB

Rogers sux plain and simple
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1049 posts
163 upvotes
While thats a good deal, I would never take it. Rogers does not honor pricing and I have had things go really bad with them the last time around, their reps literally lying about what was and was not agreed upon. My bill went from $50 to about $90, and they simply told me that the price is subject to change. I ported my number out and was slapped with a $600 exit fee. How can the price be subjected to a change when I am supposedly on contract ? The reps were so rude when I inquired about the exit fees, they behaved as if I stole something from Rogers. I forced them into submission with a crtc complaint and never heard from them again. The big 3 are all terrible, but Rogers is something special.
Dec 24, 2017
352 posts
598 upvotes
lel
Gogi wrote:
May 14th, 2019 3:59 pm
While thats a good deal, I would never take it. Rogers does not honor pricing and I have had things go really bad with them the last time around, their reps literally lying about what was and was not agreed upon. My bill went from $50 to about $90, and they simply told me that the price is subject to change. I ported my number out and was slapped with a $600 exit fee. How can the price be subjected to a change when I am supposedly on contract ? The reps were so rude when I inquired about the exit fees, they behaved as if I stole something from Rogers. I forced them into submission with a crtc complaint and never heard from them again. The big 3 are all terrible, but Rogers is something special.
You know, I am now leaning this way with my internet. I previously told Roger's reps that if they can offer me faster internet for less money than I'm paying now, I would get on board, even if it is for a fixed-term. But I just went through something with my cell phone where I was promised $150 by multiple reps and I never got it.... I think I will leave it as is
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8344 posts
5674 upvotes
Markham
I can confirm these prices. I ported out a week ago and got a call from Rogers to port back for $40 @ 8GB or $50 @ 10GB. The FIDO equivalent also receives the 5 hours of databytes.

I was also told in the call that these prices will never change. LOL jokes on me if they do I suppose, but I do have the record transaction number.

Good luck guys.
Oct 21, 2009
533 posts
392 upvotes
nildc wrote:
Anikiri wrote:
May 14th, 2019 4:15 pm
I can confirm these prices. I ported out a week ago and got a call from Rogers to port back for $40 @ 8GB or $50 @ 10GB. The FIDO equivalent also receives the 5 hours of databytes.

I was also told in the call that these prices will never change. LOL jokes on me if they do I suppose, but I do have the record transaction number.

Good luck guys.
Use this as leverage, especially if you have hard proof like a voice recording or chat transcript:

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4635118
Jun 1, 2008
231 posts
135 upvotes
London
Bottom of the barrel company IMO.

You think a call being recorded will save your butt? Better hope you recorded it then, because that's the only way how it will save any agreement you made over the phone.

I asked for the recordings after they decided to completely screw me and go back on their word for an agreement on a cell upgrade, saying I couldn't carry over my "promo discounts" to a new term even though "the price was set in stone and will not change on your new term, all current discounts will remain".

And trust me I did my due diligence the second time around because they tried screwing me the first time I upgraded. The only thing I was unable to do was record my convo on my end but thought I had full "FREE" access to the recordings.

Guess again, they said they can't send me the files, I have to pay for a transcribing service and the fee is $100 a minute.

Lmfao, rot robbers
Apr 13, 2008
96 posts
108 upvotes
Bancroft
"call was being recorded so they can't back out"
I had a year long battle with Bell under similar pretenses. They can delete the call after 6 months if it's to their advantage.
By the time I started to battle Bell, the call had been deleted.
Dec 8, 2002
996 posts
361 upvotes
Oakville
nildc wrote:
With 30 day notice they can certainly change the price.