Also... PIN arrived today, so I guess we're approved! LOL!
Dec 17th, 2014 11:40 am
Dec 17th, 2014 11:58 am
Dec 17th, 2014 3:11 pm
Dec 17th, 2014 3:29 pm
Dec 17th, 2014 6:00 pm
Dec 17th, 2014 6:06 pm
Dec 17th, 2014 7:06 pm
Dec 17th, 2014 8:04 pm
Dec 17th, 2014 9:03 pm
Dec 17th, 2014 10:29 pm
Dec 17th, 2014 11:13 pm
sky417 wrote: ↑Got my card today. I called to activate the card, and asked the CSR I wanted to check if I got the promotion first. I was transferred to a World Elite rep, and she confirmed that I got 3yr free with 40k points.
I'm about to make my first purchase, so I'll know soon once my welcome point is deposited.
Absolutely hilarious.coolwasabi wrote: ↑- Got my card today.
- Called to activate, they told me that I'd have to go to a branch with 2 pieces of ID.
- I asked if they could tell what sign-up promotion, if any, I had qualified for.
- Agent told me that I qualified for the "30,000 point" promotion.
- I told her about the "Grand Cru promotion", that it should be 40,000 points, and that the first 3 years should be waived...
- She told me she didn't know about it.
- I told her that I signed up for it through bmo.com.
- She again told me that she doesn't know about it and that BMO would only honour promotions on their site.
- I told her that it was on their site... but not anymore.
- She told me that "that promotion doesn't exist and has never existed".
- Rather than argue further, I told her, "well, I guess I'm lying then" and I hang up.
I'll go into a branch and ask there. I've already taken a credit hit and the terms say that they'll charge $150 annual fee regardless of whether or not you activate the card. Annoying.
Dec 18th, 2014 1:38 am
To those who have received your card, how many days between the arrival of PIN letter and of the card? Thanks
Dec 18th, 2014 2:07 am
Dec 18th, 2014 12:51 pm
CSR's are clueless - didn't know about my promo, obviously there is an error when it says no fee from Jan 1 1999 ...when I get my first statement , if there's a charge I'll go an cancel card.
Dec 18th, 2014 6:14 pm
I'd assume if people are seeing 40,000 points on their online accounts that they also adhered to the three free years. If only 30,000 points showed up in your accounts then I'd be more concerned.
Dec 18th, 2014 6:51 pm
Dec 18th, 2014 6:57 pm
Dec 18th, 2014 7:15 pm
Just received my card today and it too mentioned January 1999 in the package. Just curious about what they told you about this date when you called to activate? I will call tomorrow.
Dec 18th, 2014 10:16 pm
Dec 19th, 2014 1:00 am
They said that it's probably a glitch because of the 3 year promo.