Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sobeys / IGA (Airmiles)

[YMMV] Get 50 Bonus AirMiles when you buy almost anything in-store

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 10:54 am
Tags:
None
May 13, 2015
255 posts
704 upvotes
Ontario
Found this in my mailbox. Upvoted!!
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Mar 30, 2017
289 posts
229 upvotes
Has anyone completed this

I have the offer bought some bread at Sobeys today and didn't receive any points.. Do the points show up on receipt? or you have to wait to receive the points
Jun 26, 2007
630 posts
286 upvotes
I think you have to buy $5. It doesn't say in the offer.

I used for two cards and my receipt says spend 5 get 50 AM. I verified my offer it doesn't say spend 5.
May 6, 2020
903 posts
922 upvotes
I have 25 miles offer. I was there today bought something for $10, miles didn't show up on the receipt.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2006
1025 posts
279 upvotes
Edmonton
kargesd wrote: Has anyone completed this

I have the offer bought some bread at Sobeys today and didn't receive any points.. Do the points show up on receipt? or you have to wait to receive the points
Innovac wrote: I have 25 miles offer. I was there today bought something for $10, miles didn't show up on the receipt.
The bonus miles from My offers should show up on your receipt. There were a few times when miles didn't show on my receipt, I never received them. Too lazy to call for a few 20 miles.
May 6, 2020
903 posts
922 upvotes
ttoommyy wrote: The bonus miles from My offers should show up on your receipt. There were a few times when miles didn't show on my receipt, I never received them. Too lazy to call for a few 20 miles.
Thanks for the info. I would have to contact them to get the miles.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
7050 posts
4494 upvotes
armaan wrote: I think you have to buy $5. It doesn't say in the offer.

I used for two cards and my receipt says spend 5 get 50 AM. I verified my offer it doesn't say spend 5.
Don't have to be $5, I bought a dozen eggs for $2.99 and it showed spd $5 get 50 on my receipt
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1372 posts
381 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
BUMP. Last day, July 23, to redeem offer.
mkl38s wrote: Don't have to be $5, I bought a dozen eggs for $2.99 and it showed spd $5 get 50 on my receipt
my receipt says "spd 5 get 95AM". I verified my offer online and it doesn't say anything about a minimum purchase.

Good post, OP.
:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
:arrow: Keep physically distant but socially connected.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol and MJ.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1372 posts
381 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
cricketfan wrote: Is it cash miles or regular miles?
Air Miles are air miles are air miles. In your Air Miles account, you set if they are earned as Cash miles or Dream Miles or a mix of both. https://rewards.airmiles.ca/cashrewards/faq
:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
:arrow: Keep physically distant but socially connected.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol and MJ.
Dec 4, 2013
812 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
saskwatcher wrote: Air Miles are air miles are air miles. In your Air Miles account, you set if they are earned as Cash miles or Dream Miles or a mix of both. https://rewards.airmiles.ca/cashrewards/faq
Oh yeah. Forgot. I have it to cash miles in my account. Do I install sobeys app for the offers?
Btw what's the best way to use 150ish dream miles I have in my account. Can they be redeemed for grocery like cash miles (95 for 10$)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
7050 posts
4494 upvotes
50AM from Sobeys deposited to my account yesterday. Still waiting for bonus boom fro Sobeys and 95Am from airmiles
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9313 posts
7697 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Thanks OP!

Received the following on 2 of my accounts:
July 11, 2020 BONUS REWARD MILES +95
July 11, 2020 BONUS REWARD MILES +50
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20535 posts
5864 upvotes
Scarberia
I got 190ams offer tf.. Not sure if that's right
Screenshot_20200808-220512_Chrome.jpg
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1629 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
A relative got 190AM offer, email included "we miss you" or something, that may be key.

I suggested they buy something small but they might spend more. It's possible they'll hit an exact multiple of $10. If they spend exactly $20 and redeem $20, do they still get the bonus? Or do they need to spend $20.05 in that case, so there's an actual "payment"?

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5547 posts
6074 upvotes
GTA
aw1883 wrote: A relative got 190AM offer, email included "we miss you" or something, that may be key.

I suggested they buy something small but they might spend more. It's possible they'll hit an exact multiple of $10. If they spend exactly $20 and redeem $20, do they still get the bonus? Or do they need to spend $20.05 in that case, so there's an actual "payment"?

Thanks.
Easiest is if your relative does 2 separate transactions:

Edit: as @ml88888888 mentioned, my assumption (incorrectly?) was that your relative already has AM in their AM account to redeem. If this is not the case, see my edits and response below mine!

#1 buys a banana + check receipt for 190 AM (not received for up to 10 days in AM Account)

#2 buys x amount and redeems x amount of Air Miles (only if already have Cash Miles in Account, to redeem)

Keep it separate, so easier to track Air Miles earned, AND AIr Miles redeemed ... and yes, needs to spend $ as long as greater than 1 cent, to earn the targeted 190!
Last edited by mzmoney on Aug 22nd, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
7727 posts
4499 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: A relative got 190AM offer, email included "we miss you" or something, that may be key.

Thanks.
I don’t think you know how AM is earned at Sobeys/Safeway. The AM will show on your receipt. But it is not posted to your AM acct until a few days later. So you can not redeem the AM you just earn right away. AM doesn’t work like Pcoptimum point where the points is shown on your receipt and posted to your PCO acct right away. So you can redeem the points right after. Even PCO point can not be earned and redeemed in the same transaction. So you have to spend money first to earn the points. Then wait for the points to be posted to your acct(I.e PCO posted right away or AM posted a few days later) before you can redeem the points. So you need to do 2 separate transactions.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
7727 posts
4499 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: Easiest is if your relative does 2 separate transactions:

#1 buys a banana + check receipt for 190 AM

#2 buys x amount and redeems x amount of Air Miles

Keep it separate, so easier to track Air Miles earned, AND AIr Miles redeemed ... and yes, needs to spend $ as long as greater than 1 cent, to earn the targeted 190!
You can not redeem until the AM is posted to your acct which can take up to 10 days. So #2 can not be done in the same day.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5547 posts
6074 upvotes
GTA
ml88888888 wrote: You can not redeem until the AM is posted to your acct which can take up to 10 days. So #2 can not be done in the same day.
Oh, I was mistakenly assuming that they had additional AM in their account?

Not that they were trying to redeem AMs that they didn't already have.

Edited my post, thanks for ensuring I don't give incorrect info :)