Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sobeys / IGA (Airmiles)

[YMMV] Get 50 Bonus AirMiles when you buy almost anything in-store

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 10:54 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
7733 posts
4505 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: Oh, I was mistakenly assuming that they had additional AM in their account?

Not that they were trying to redeem AMs that they didn't already have.

Edited my post, thanks for ensuring I don't give incorrect info :)
If they had existing AM in their acct already, then they can buy, redeem and earn bonus AM in one transaction.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1629 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
mzmoney was right, I know they can't redeem points just earned 30sec ago. They have several hundred AM in their account, more than enough to redeem $20 or $30 right now. I assume if they spend $31 and redeem 285AM, the remaining $1 paid by CC will trigger their offer of "190AM when you buy almost anything". My question really is, if they spend exactly $30 and redeem 285AM, would it still count as "buy anything" to get their 190AM? It sounds like they have to spend $31 (or something not exactly equal to their redemption). This would seem to be different from Shell, where I think you can buy exactly $30 of gas, redeem exactly $30 in AM (285AM), and still have it count as a purchase for earning AM including bonus.

Also, how do you get MyOffers emails? They get them regularly but I don't. I tried going to Sobeys.ca but it seems to want me to register at AirMiles.ca, which tells me I'm already registered. I get way too many emails from Air Miles but never "MyOffers from Sobeys" emails. Is there a separate signup?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1629 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
So they went to Sobeys on Mon (Aug 24), spent $10.33, redeemed 95AM and paid the balance. 190BAM offer disappeared from their offers. Redemption of 95AM shows but no sign of the 190BAM though. I know these things aren't instant, but how long does this kind of offer typically take?

Today they got another email from Sobeys, "come back & get 190 Bonus Miles!". Same offer, buy anything and get 190BAM. Good for 14 days. Is it possible this is valid or is it a mistake?

Also how do I get "MyOffers by Sobeys" emails? I did get "open to view this weeks specials" from [email protected] but can't figure out how to get MyOffers. I think Sobeys said go to Air Miles site, and Air Miles said I was already signed up. I must be missing something (in addition to missing the MyOffers emails, that is).

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4893 posts
3414 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I got the 190 airmiles offer on a couple cards, for any purchase. It didn't work on one card, so I called the myoffers support # and they fixed/redeemed it in 10 seconds. I was surprised how easy it was.
😱
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1759 posts
1615 upvotes
Winnipeg
b0ne wrote: I got the 190 airmiles offer on a couple cards, for any purchase. It didn't work on one card, so I called the myoffers support # and they fixed it in 10 seconds. I was surprised how easy it was.
I’ve had good experiences when I called them as well. They seem to genuinely want to help. Too bad you have to pick up the phone though.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20537 posts
5867 upvotes
Scarberia
mega miles promo is over?omg totally forgot to even do it lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7115 posts
3632 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Second week in a row that both my wife and I get 95 AM with any purchase. Bought $1 items both times. Not bad of a deal :)
Apr 29, 2013
294 posts
387 upvotes
Calgary
WHY was this thread moved to expired???
This offer is confusing though, I got an email for 50 BAM, says to load the offer first but how/where do you load it??

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)