• Jun 17th, 2016 12:50 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2251 posts
1216 upvotes

[Home Depot] [HD] Toro Recycler 190cc B&S w/smartstow, FWD $388

Have been researching mowers for awhile now and settled on the Toro 20339. Mower gets great reviews online and @ $388 is a solid value for a Toro Mower. Wheels are sealed bearing units, stainless axle for the front drive unit. Other hardware is zinc coated and overall quality looks great. Mower has 190cc engine (bigger than most) and is new design to allow it to stand on end when not in use. This is also great for servicing the mower and should let the underside dry out faster.

I went into my local Home depot and was refused the first time because it wasnt local (Toronto is about and hour and half from me) But second time back at the depot the PM went through with a little sweet talk. Kooy Bros, have them on promo right now for $431- 10% PM it works out to ~$388 from HD (Props to Genia11 for the heads up on Kooy Bros) I know there are cheaper mowers out there, but after researching Toro seems to know their mowers, they like to innovate and have a huge lineup. Happy Mowing!
Images
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1096 posts
838 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The dealer I bought my Toro from said that rear wheel drive is the way to go, most toros are rear driven so strange that they went with front for this model.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2251 posts
1216 upvotes
Rear drive gives more traction true, but my current mower is FWD and I prefer it because I can just lift the front wheels when I want to pivot or pull the mower back easily. I had originally got the Husky AWD deal from Lowes, but after researching decided AWD was a waste for my yard and wouldnt free wheel very easily. I only have a small hill to deal with so this mower suited the yard perfect, but everyones gonna have different needs, thats why I like Toro, a mower for everyone.
Oct 6, 2014
22 posts
8 upvotes
Cowessess, SK
I've got the same model as this w/o the smart stow feature. Cuts great but RWD is definitely the way to go if you're looking for a self propelled unit. The FWD is pretty much useless once the bag begins filling up and the front wheels start to lift. Luckily I have a small yard and don't use the self prop feature much but something to take note of.
Mar 10, 2012
243 posts
200 upvotes
THORNHILL
Ctrade wrote: I've got the same model as this w/o the smart stow feature. Cuts great but RWD is definitely the way to go if you're looking for a self propelled unit. The FWD is pretty much useless once the bag begins filling up and the front wheels start to lift. Luckily I have a small yard and don't use the self prop feature much but something to take note of.
I have this mower, I like it well enough.

If the bag is full enough to start lifting the front wheels, it's time to empty the bag.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7726 posts
1607 upvotes
Have the same model and is awesome. Back wheel would be better but i disgree that front wheel is useless, it helps to pull the mower and makes pushing much easier. The pluses are it still starts great with 1 pull after 3 yrs. The smartstow is awesome for space saving, makes you wonder why it isn't on every mower. Cause of the smartstow the motor has better seal to stop leak so at same time the gas doesn't vapourize and the waterhose connect works great for cleaning. The cons are the opening to the bag is small so it does get easily plugged when the grass is wet and steel deck and not self pace like the newer model.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted: