Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 2, 2004
283 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver

YMMV - Honda - Free extended loaner while waiting for recalled airbag fix

The Honda dealership I go to (Destination Honda in Burnaby, BC) is offering owners affected by the airbag recall free loaner cars until they get the parts in. I have a 09 Fit and I just brought it in, signed some paper work and got a new Civic Turbo to drive until it gets fixed. I just have to return it with a full tank of gas.

I'm not sure if you had to be customer previously or if other dealerships are doing this but this is awesome and pretty much guaranteed that I'll be buying Hondas for life :-P
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35620 posts
21676 upvotes
Center of Universe
This "gesture" was avaiable since day one of the Takata airbag recall by Honda.
Several coworkers of mine all received loaners from Honda last year, while waiting for new deflators and it help to speed up the process (some were quoted 3months wait time), as the loaners they provided were from rental car agencies and the cost was adding up quickly for them.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2004
283 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh really? Now I don't feel as special :-)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4581 upvotes
Alberta
Still haven't done the recall on our Civic yet. No rush.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35620 posts
21676 upvotes
Center of Universe
redrage wrote: Oh really? Now I don't feel as special :-)
You should feel special, becuase I haven't heard of other manufacturers offering loaners to their customers.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1893 posts
222 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: You should feel special, becuase I haven't heard of other manufacturers offering loaners to their customers.
BMW USA is offering loaners and other incentives to their customers.

Nothing here in Canada
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35620 posts
21676 upvotes
Center of Universe
[quote="EL820" post_id="26350727" time="1467149966" user_id="5028"]BMW USA is offering loaners and other incentives to their customers.

Nothing here in Canada
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1893 posts
222 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Customers in the US are treated better and protected better (aka lemon law).
Yea, I was just pointing that out and hope Canadians were treated the same as US customers.

I called BMW twice and was basically told to keep driving the car, at my own risk.