Expired Hot Deals

PayPal

YMMV PayPal (Login, click link and get $5 CAD gift) - for Inactive Users (US and Canada)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2021 5:59 pm
[OP]
Mar 22, 2018
484 posts
826 upvotes
Canada

YMMV PayPal (Login, click link and get $5 CAD gift) - for Inactive Users (US and Canada)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 30, 2021
Retailer:
PayPal
I randomly logged into PayPal today and upon login was presented with a banner for a $5 free credit.

I clicked it and $5 was instantly credited to my PayPal account.

Hope you guys get it too!
Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 11.45.55 AM.png

Update: Based on peoples responses, it looks like this is available to many people filling these criteria:
  • Inactive Users who haven't logged in or used account in a while (months)
  • Both available to people with US PayPal accounts and CAD PayPal accounts
  • Available via web browser or by mobile
  • If you see the banner or promo, click it, it will only show one time
  • Offer Period: ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 30, 2021 (“Offer Period”)
Last edited by funtastic on May 28th, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
63 replies
Apr 1, 2009
315 posts
113 upvotes
GTA
Not showing for me. Thanks anyway!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5120 posts
2306 upvotes
I can't recreate the screenshot, but the first time I went to PayPal after seeing this it did mention $5 for adding a new payment account.

Unusual that I can't get the same original home page indicating the $5

Edit: Maybe they were giving a limited amount that has been hit?
[OP]
Mar 22, 2018
484 posts
826 upvotes
Canada
Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 12.09.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 12.10.47 PM.png
As I'm getting messages that this is fake, it's not. I logged directly into PayPal (no referring link, not from an email etc.) Here are 2 screenshots - 1 from my email, the other in my PayPal account.

I've been a PayPal member for a long time, haven't used account in a long time, logged in maybe 3 months ago.
Apr 9, 2018
42 posts
108 upvotes
Got it on mobile right after login, thanks!
EC782923-E1A3-400E-8457-68C0A0C35815.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1403 posts
411 upvotes
No such luck for me! Still thanks OP!
Sep 28, 2016
75 posts
102 upvotes
Logged in for the first time in 6-12 months and it was there. Free 5$ thx op
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1472 posts
431 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
funtastic wrote: Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 12.09.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 12.10.47 PM.png
As I'm getting messages that this is fake, it's not. I logged directly into PayPal (no referring link, not from an email etc.) Here are 2 screenshots - 1 from my email, the other in my PayPal account.

I've been a PayPal member for a long time, haven't used account in a long time, logged in maybe 3 months ago.
I still gotta ask… Why are they doing this?

We all know (or should know) there is no free lunch, oh wait… there is free lunch, Stochey just got his
Apr 14, 2017
689 posts
620 upvotes
Here are the conditions that got displayed:
Offer Terms:
1. “Eligible Participant”: Open only to residents of Canada who: (1) are eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (2) create or are holders of a Canadian PayPal account in good standing (“Valid Account”) during the Offer Period (defined below); and (3) “receive an authorized email containing the invitation to participate in the offer (“Invitation”) (eligibility for/those who receive such an email will be determined solely by PayPal) (“Eligible Participant”).

2. Offer Period: Starts at 12:00 a.m Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 16, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 30, 2021 (“Offer Period”).

3. How it works: To qualify for the Reward (defined below), Eligible Participants must click through the Invitation link associated with this Offer and claim the Reward (“Qualifying Transaction”). Offer may require Eligible Participants to sign into their Valid Account.

4. “Reward”: After completing the Qualifying Transaction, $5 CAD cash will be sent to your Valid Account for you to use (“Reward”). $5 CAD will be viewable in the Eligible Participant’s Valid Account within approximately seventy-two (72) hours. If a Qualifying Transaction does not complete or is not recorded by PayPal’s servers during the Offer Period, for any reason, that Qualifying Transaction will not qualify for the Reward. Rewards will no longer be awarded once the limit is reached. There is a limit of one (1) Reward per Valid Account.

5. Miscellaneous: Valid Account must remain in good standing from the time of participation through Reward fulfilment to redeem a Reward, as determined in PayPal’s sole discretion. PayPal may provide an alternate reward of equal value if it is unable for any reason to fulfill the Reward. PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify this offer in part or in its entirety at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. Similar offers may run at the same time; qualification for this offer does not constitute qualification for any other offer. PayPal is not responsible and/or liable if any e-mail, Reward, Qualifying Transaction, or offer-related materials or correspondence are lost, fraudulent, abusive, stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, interrupted, delayed, altered, defective, misdirected, tampered with, or irregular in any way or if any participant’s e-mail address, Valid Account, or other contact information does not work, is deleted, or is changed without participant giving prior written notice to PayPal. Offer is void where prohibited and if Qualifying Transactions are fraudulent, abusive, not completed through legitimate channels, or irregular in any way.  Certain offers may not be transferable. Participation is subject to the PayPal User Agreement.  Any questions relating to the offer will be resolved in PayPal’s sole discretion and its decisions related to the offer will be final and binding.
Jun 23, 2020
34 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks, worked for me!

Based on the terms, it sounds like we actually have to have a transaction to get the $5?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2781 posts
2368 upvotes
BC
No go for me either... Awesome for those who are eligible!
Feb 13, 2011
931 posts
254 upvotes
Vancouver
one of my two paypal accounts got it, thank you!
Apr 14, 2017
689 posts
620 upvotes
doolygear wrote: Based on the terms, it sounds like we actually have to have a transaction to get the $5?
I think the click on the offer is called the qualifying transaction in legalese.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2228 posts
1783 upvotes
GTA
Family member 1:
Account is occasionally in use, had a balance of few cents.
No offer

Family member 2:
Account is almost never used, had a zero dollar balance.
Received the offer.
Accepted
$5 CAD appeared in the balance within a min or two, notified of the credit via email.

and thanks OP! :)
Penalty Box
Nov 11, 2006
862 posts
1001 upvotes
@home
Nothing on my account.

Thanks anyway.
Apr 13, 2021
36 posts
34 upvotes
Ontario
No offer after logging in. Last used my account to make a payment at the beginning of last week.