Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

[YMMV] Spend 50$ at FreshCo and earn an extra 10$ back per transaction (up to 30$, total)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2022 10:05 pm
Jul 24, 2022
768 posts
1809 upvotes
Northwest Toronto
Nobody mentioned this important fact: FRESHCO PRICE MATCHES THE COMPETITION!!! Time to use my Flipp app and give PC Optimum a break for one month (distance makes the heart grow fonder).

This is a gimme to everybody with a Tangerine Credit Card and reasonable access to a Freshco. Up to 20% back in CASH if buying at least $50 in groceries. In addition, there is cashback on the card itself: 2% if your Tangerine Card selected groceries as one of the three categories for the 2% cashback each month (only 0.5% if not).

If you live within a fifteen minute drive to a Freshco, have a Tangerine Credit Card, and received the email promotion, it is an easy $30 (plus bonus cashback on the credit card). Just the loss leaders at Freshco and immediate competition should get me to $50...
That's all I got for today...GO AWAY NOW!
Oct 27, 2010
41 posts
23 upvotes
ON
I only have chequing and saving accounts with them and got the email but it's not showing up on my insights. I called in and the rep said may need to wait 24h for it to show up, is there an accept button for those with this promotion showing on their insights?
appleaddict6 wrote: Does this mean it has to be 3 separate visits on different days to freshco (closest one to me is 15km away) if I wana get $30 back?
Rep said that the $50 transaction has to be on different days. She initially said 'try to do it on different days' when I asked if all 3 transactions could be done on a single day for maximum cashback. She might not be sure but you won't know until the end when the cashback gets deposited so it might be risky to do it all in one single day.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
I got this promo in the banner and insight, but yet I don't have a Tangerine credit card. Go figure....
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Nov 2, 2018
802 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
maywan wrote: I only have chequing and saving accounts with them and got the email but it's not showing up on my insights. I called in and the rep said may need to wait 24h for it to show up, is there an accept button for those with this promotion showing on their insights?

Rep said that the $50 transaction has to be on different days. She initially said 'try to do it on different days' when I asked if all 3 transactions could be done on a single day for maximum cashback. She might not be sure but you won't know until the end when the cashback gets deposited so it might be risky to do it all in one single day.
Thanks for the clarification. I just confirmed with a supervisor that it has to be on different days. And no there’s no accept button or anything that u have to do.
Nov 2, 2018
802 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
BB88 wrote: I got this promo in the banner and insight, but yet I don't have a Tangerine credit card. Go figure....
U don’t need to have a credit card with them. I don’t have one either. A client card will do as per a supervisor.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
My email specifically said Tangerine Client Card. I dont have a Tangerine CC.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
appleaddict6 wrote: U don’t need to have a credit card with them. I don’t have one either. A client card will do as per a supervisor.
Jaytee wrote: My email specifically said Tangerine Client Card. I dont have a Tangerine CC.
That's right, I didn't look at my own terms closely and only looked at OP's post and thought it's only for Credit Card. It does say Client Card on mine.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Sep 18, 2016
501 posts
489 upvotes
lol, my insights are "updating" right now. We'll see what happens.
"Do not allow yourself to become resentful, deceitful or arrogant"
Jordan B. Peterson
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1551 posts
1799 upvotes
hmm can this be used for multiple transactions that add up to $50, I got a few spend $20 get $5 coupons that can be used if they can stack
Nov 17, 2013
319 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Leverage wrote: $10 back on any $50 gift card purchase is decent - if nothing else just grab Amazon for flexibility of converting to other GCs (Amazon lets you buy GCs/eGCs using your Amazon balance).

As a reminder - even if T&C in Canada state that gift cards are ineligible, unless it's the store themselves, the credit card company (Tangerine) has no idea what item(s) you bought, only the total bill amount. The USA is another story in that credit card companies get itemized receipts.
You changed my life. I didn't know that Amazon lets you buy GCs with Amazon balances! But makes sense...
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
Got the banner not the email. Should still be eligible right?
Jun 14, 2018
231 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
People who doesn’t want to spend money in Fresco

Buy a plastic bag for 5 cents and ask for 50$ cash back
This should be good for promotion, as payment can only be taken from chequing account
Jun 5, 2015
34 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anyone know if Amazon gift cards are available in Freshcos (downtown Toronto)? I noticed both Longo's (15 York) and Metro (80 Front St E) have been out of Amazon gift cards for weeks
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2012
1430 posts
100 upvotes
does it have to be $50 before tax and you can buy gift cards correct?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3478 posts
13851 upvotes
Toronto
Sweetcute wrote: People who doesn’t want to spend money in Fresco

Buy a plastic bag for 5 cents and ask for 50$ cash back
This should be good for promotion, as payment can only be taken from chequing account
Thanks for the tip. I didn’t go as far as a 5 cents bag but bought a pack of yogurt that I will consume anyway, along with $50 cashback. Hoping it works.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2624 posts
2120 upvotes
Toronto
EddySaver wrote: Thanks for the tip. I didn’t go as far as a 5 cents bag but bought a pack of yogurt that I will consume anyway, along with $50 cashback. Hoping it works.
So 50$ cashback on credit card works? I always thought that its limited to debit cards only.
Mar 16, 2021
260 posts
942 upvotes
JaiKor wrote: So 50$ cashback on credit card works? I always thought that its limited to debit cards only.
The offer is on their debit card (client card). Don’t so cashback using your CC. You’ll be charged interest and what not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)