Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

YMMV Tangerine High Interest Promotion of 1.6% on New Money until March 31, 2022

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2021 6:08 am
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
Got it, thanks. It's the third time in a row they've offered me an increased rate, but I agree that they should offer this to everyone, or at the very least, make their selection criteria transparent.
For Sale:
Aug 20, 2018
145 posts
666 upvotes
Nice,

I usually get this once a year each.
I move it another account once promotion end, it usually come back 5-6 month later
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1349 posts
747 upvotes
actually applied to business accounts as well.
Dec 14, 2005
191 posts
141 upvotes
Of course I get it, because I also got the 2% Simplii promo.
Oct 17, 2020
62 posts
316 upvotes
eshizzi wrote: People are downvoting this? WTF?

Thanks OP, got the promotion ~ transferring in dolla dolla bills!
I didn't down vote, but I personally have general disdain for tangerine despite being a customer. They used to be consistently competitive and a solid choice for savings, but making customers chase these promo interest rates is super annoying. I keep them for my chequing account but I've been earning 1.1% at motive now consistently at motive. It's not worth it for me to transfer my money over to make an extra $10 in interest over that promo time period.

Then again it is RFD lol
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1780 posts
481 upvotes
Montreal
woooo, thanks OP.. checked and got the offer
swooOOSH ... moved back
Dec 15, 2019
169 posts
159 upvotes
Thanks, OP. Checked my account a few days ago and there wasn't anything but saw it today!
Oct 13, 2008
989 posts
671 upvotes
Mississauga
Got it this time around. Time to move money back into Tangerine.
Telus $30/25gb x 3 lines, 200 LD Can/US minutes, 2000 LD minutes to India, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text ($0), $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
Rogers $46.99 - Legacy Gigabit internet
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3640 posts
1457 upvotes
Toronto
got it at 1.6% earlier in the week i spent 45 mins on hold to be offered 1%
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1577 posts
144 upvotes
been waiting... never got an offer from tangerine before, so will be using this one for once!!
Once my dog ate all the Scrabble tiles. For days he kept leaving little messages around the house..........
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1577 posts
144 upvotes
anyone ever link a paypal account to a tangerine USD account ?
Once my dog ate all the Scrabble tiles. For days he kept leaving little messages around the house..........
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1150 posts
533 upvotes
Haven’t received a promo in years. Took out all my money except RRSP
just before pandemic. Why are they not sending? Is it because of the RRSP? Because of the direct deposits tied to account (they’re inactive)
Dec 31, 2017
63 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
i already had money in the savings account when i got this offer. i havent activated it yet but i have transferred all the funds from savings to chequing account. I'm hoping to activate the offer and then transfer back the funds to savings.

has anyone had success doing this?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20886 posts
5464 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Webhead wrote: I just finished the 1.5% Promo on Oct.31/2021. And I moved all my $$ out on Nov.2/21.
I doubt I'll receive this Promo. Disappointed Face
Same for me. Disappointed But Relieved Face
adri8524 wrote: i already had money in the savings account when i got this offer. i havent activated it yet but i have transferred all the funds from savings to chequing account. I'm hoping to activate the offer and then transfer back the funds to savings.

has anyone had success doing this?
Too late. Most Tangerine users in here have learned to move the money out, just as the promo is expiring, to get ready for the next offer. I also created a reminder in my calendar, to do this on 10/31.
ariel wrote: Haven’t received a promo in years. Took out all my money except RRSP
just before pandemic. Why are they not sending? Is it because of the RRSP? Because of the direct deposits tied to account (they’re inactive)
Nobody knows. It's a 'lottery'.
The only possible correlation I've seen is that when I was saving house downpayment money, making periodic savings deposits every month into Tangerine, I got more offers. Now that I bought the house and I'm no longer depositing regularly, offers are fewer. This of course is just speculation about causality.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Nov 5th, 2021 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
- casual gastronomist -
Sep 16, 2010
951 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
Got this offer. I usually transfer in for the offer and transfer them out when the offer ends. Worked for me so far.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)