Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 15, 2018
33 posts
1 upvote

Yonge & Eglinton - 99 Broadway - Citylights On Broadway

Hello!

Does anyone know why there are suddenly 8 pre-construction condos at 99 Broadway?

Does anyone know if there are news of a delay?

This condo is expected to be finished later this year. Not sure why there are 8 assignment sales suddenly on the market at reasonable prices.

Please help!

Thanks
Last edited by effervescent7000 on Jan 16th, 2018 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
28 replies
Feb 21, 2010
886 posts
261 upvotes
Scarborough
How far of walk is this to yonge/ Eglinton intersection? I see 700-750 sq feet for 570k. Not sure about actual square footage, assuming it is like 400-450 sq feet inside.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2018
33 posts
1 upvote
Hmm I believe there will be an underground path to the subway in the coming years with E2 condos as well.

I feel the agent is listing the condos at a very fair/low price compared to other condos in the area.

Any thoughts?
Feb 21, 2010
886 posts
261 upvotes
Scarborough
Try to learn from agent if they can share the floor plan. I have seen few listings where it mentions 700-750 sq footage on listing but actual unit only has 450 sq foot to use.

So trying to sell for 800 per sq foot but in reality you are paying over 1200 per sq foot
effervescent7000 wrote: Hmm I believe there will be an underground path to the subway in the coming years with E2 condos as well.

I feel the agent is listing the condos at a very fair/low price compared to other condos in the area.

Any thoughts?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1062 posts
1178 upvotes
Probably 10 min walk maybe more to the subway. Distance is not far, just that the area has a lot of construction from now to the next 3-4 years until whenever the LRT is finished

Floor plate looks small based on the plans available online
Your text to link here...
[OP]
Jan 15, 2018
33 posts
1 upvote
http://citylightsonbroadwayvip.ca/resou ... rplans.pdf

There is a 2 bedroom 2 bath floorplan model "2C N"

It is a full 695 square feet plus 1 parking

MLS C4014218 listed for $625,000

This seems quite reasonable. There are multiple ones listed by the same agent, 1 bedroom, 1 plus den

All at very reasonable prices

Does anyone have any advice/input?

Thanks everyone
[OP]
Jan 15, 2018
33 posts
1 upvote
That's true, I'll check out the area construction too, but would it be worth in the long run to hold a prime real estate spot?

Anyone else holding a preconstruction in this condo have any thoughts?

If anyone has the price list from when it was in preconstruction sale phase a few years back, I would very much appreciate a copy of that price list please...
Feb 10, 2008
649 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
I just moved from that area in September. It's less than a 10 minute walk to Yonge&Eg and I really loved the whole neighbourhood. There is a ton of condos going up around there, which combined with the Eglinton Crosstown construction makes it a traffic nightmare. If you don't drive, or can tolerate that for a few years until the Crosstown is built, it's a great spot.

I expect that building is also VERY small units.
Jul 1, 2006
34 posts
2 upvotes
How to find these assignments deal?
I am looking for E1 assignments, any idea?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1062 posts
1178 upvotes
I was looking at precon's and existing units around the area about a year ago for 1/1+den. Prices then were high 600's/low 700s psf. Ended up buying precon a bit closer to downtown. I think with all these new condos (and there are A LOT of them) coming up in the next say 5 years or so, its going to be very competitive to lease, assuming its for investment. That being said, i think the value will hold but need to have a long term view and closer to the actual yonge/eg intersection. There's a lot happening in the area and more amenities will come in
effervescent7000 wrote: That's true, I'll check out the area construction too, but would it be worth in the long run to hold a prime real estate spot?

Anyone else holding a preconstruction in this condo have any thoughts?

If anyone has the price list from when it was in preconstruction sale phase a few years back, I would very much appreciate a copy of that price list please...
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1062 posts
1178 upvotes
Most of the assignments are on realtor.ca

Think i saw some E condo assignments recently but not sure if they're still up for sale. you can also try e2 but from what i heard they've sold out during vip sale.
saab093 wrote: How to find these assignments deal?
I am looking for E1 assignments, any idea?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2256 posts
2386 upvotes
Toronto
effervescent7000 wrote: http://citylightsonbroadwayvip.ca/resou ... rplans.pdf

There is a 2 bedroom 2 bath floorplan model "2C N"

It is a full 695 square feet plus 1 parking

MLS C4014218 listed for $625,000

This seems quite reasonable. There are multiple ones listed by the same agent, 1 bedroom, 1 plus den

All at very reasonable prices

Does anyone have any advice/input?

Thanks everyone
And you of course don't know this realtor and he is not you and does not represent you.
Anyways, good luck marketing your stuff.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2018
33 posts
1 upvote
Hi there your post seems to imply that I know this realtor & that he/she represents me.

If it does then I'm sorry to disappoint you that I don't know this realtor. I've been looking for Sheppard/Yonge condos and was curious about some Yonge & Eg condos.

I am actually new to this, coming here to get advice. If you don't have a response to the initial post/thread, not sure why you've wasted 1 minute typing up a response that in no way benefits your life or adds to anyone else's life here.

Thanks for the wishes though, I hope you have a great day.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2018
33 posts
1 upvote
Yes the E2 were sold out, I inquired.
bear20 wrote: Most of the assignments are on realtor.ca

Think i saw some E condo assignments recently but not sure if they're still up for sale. you can also try e2 but from what i heard they've sold out during vip sale.
Jul 1, 2006
34 posts
2 upvotes
Real estate told me they do not allow to post the assignment in relator / mls. IF the builder found out and the agent will be asked to remove the post.
I have to find it from kijiji
May 4, 2016
92 posts
41 upvotes
effervescent7000 wrote: Hello!

Does anyone know why there are suddenly 8 pre-construction condos at 99 Broadway?

Does anyone know if there are news of a delay?

This condo is expected to be finished later this year. Not sure why there are 8 assignment sales suddenly on the market at reasonable prices.

Please help!

Thanks
I bought a 1 bed unit there as well...Definitely not going to be ready this year...They've had the hole dugged for about 6 months now and no action..I've already accounted for the delay..
Jun 18, 2004
778 posts
142 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It will get delayed to Spring 2019 and that is only "occupancy period". To get it registered and for you to get a mortgage, it will take some time.

PM'd you.
Oct 3, 2018
1 posts
This project get delayed to spring 2020. I dont know why but this project is going so slow. 150 redpath condo (1 block south of broadway ave.) has started almost same time with citylights and now they are building 20th floor.
Oct 12, 2018
1 posts
I have my own condo purchase in the 99 broadway. It is too frustrating because they are way too slow in constructing while the sorrounding other constructions have the same time .
i received an email from them that it will take until may 2020. I doubt though the way they are moving. i live to an apartment next to the construction and I have seen how many workers they have, very little and no overtime is going on, that means they are taking time to meet their target agenda.

it is to frustrating but I am happy with the price recently . i am making more than x2 with the purchase price i have paid 2 years ago ( may 2016) , and besides, I still don't have the budget to close the sale. So I am ok. In the critical dates, they have all the power to change the closing date and with what I am seeing, I doubt that this will be finished by 2020 of May. VERY SLOW , we are lucky though we got the perfect high end location to live.