Feb 29, 2008
18702 posts
16909 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Sales pitch: "Steps to new York U campus in Downtown Markham!"
Jul 7, 2019
750 posts
621 upvotes
DT Markham condos were already approaching $1000/sf.
Wonder how fast they'll increase now.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2576 posts
2335 upvotes
Cancelled and re-announced with funding from China/International students.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1622 posts
949 upvotes
moofur wrote: Cancelled and re-announced with funding from China/International students.
Sounds about right. York is already the prime international student destination for undergrads in Ontario. Markham is a logical move for them.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3120 posts
5964 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
moofur wrote: Cancelled and re-announced with funding from China/International students.
Face With Tears Of Joy

Looks like Scarpitti just secured his re-election (can you serve a third term lol)?

I've watched him at the town center talk about Markham's developer initiatives and this campus is his legacy, he can sleep at night now ha.

Kicking myself for not grabbing some condos in Markham DT early on, was skeptical even though I am super bullish on Markham in general.
Realtor®
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2576 posts
2335 upvotes
RichmondCA wrote: Face With Tears Of Joy

Looks like Scarpitti just secured his re-election (can you serve a third term lol)?

I've watched him at the town center talk about Markham's developer initiatives and this campus is his legacy, he can sleep at night now ha.

Kicking myself for not grabbing some condos in Markham DT early on, was skeptical even though I am super bullish on Markham in general.
Don't think there are term limits for municipal elections. He's been Mayor since 2006. To be honest I think despite the fact that he constantly gets accused of being in bed with developers he's been a pretty good mayor overall.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
4033 posts
4515 upvotes
Toronto
moofur wrote: Don't think there are term limits for municipal elections. He's been Mayor since 2006. To be honest I think despite the fact that he constantly gets accused of being in bed with developers he's been a pretty good mayor overall.
every mayor is in bed with developers.... vaughan and toronto etc

theres kickbacks at every politician level....100%
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3120 posts
5964 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
moofur wrote: Don't think there are term limits for municipal elections. He's been Mayor since 2006. To be honest I think despite the fact that he constantly gets accused of being in bed with developers he's been a pretty good mayor overall.
He's had my vote, he has done a good job for the most part.
Realtor®
Jul 18, 2020
753 posts
1217 upvotes
MotoCross817 wrote: DT Markham condos were already approaching $1000/sf.
Wonder how fast they'll increase now.
I have seen a lot of the kids of the Hong Kong immigrants got priced out from Markham even for condos. It is pretty crazy the amount of money from China can do to that area.
Last edited by lechan on Jul 26th, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)