• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 9:58 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
43 posts
35 upvotes

Yorkwood Condos

I was wondering if anyone knew when these condos near jane and sheppard will be coming up for sale. Also what will the prices be starting at. They say starting from the 300s. Does that mean a one beddrom will be 300 thousand?

I have some money tied up until october, so i was wondering if it will be before than or after.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
7412 posts
5356 upvotes
Toronto
Just be careful. first time developer it appears.
Full-time Realtor
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
43 posts
35 upvotes
I didn’t know they were a first time developer, I was driving along Jane when I saw the billboard. Seems like a great deal. No where else in Toronto can you get a new build for 300 thousand.
Last edited by Dookiesanteria on Jul 11th, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18755 posts
16993 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Would stay clear. They are first timers....Builders love telling us how long they've been in the "game" for but these guys do not. No past projects. Maybe they left a premier developer to create this company but I doubt it.
Oct 21, 2016
946 posts
717 upvotes
Dookiesanteria wrote: I didn’t know they were a first time developer, I was driving along Jane when I saw the billboard. Seems like a great deal. No where else in Toronto can you get a new build for 300 thousand.
The area sucks pretty impoverished . Resale might not be great .
Jul 2, 2018
307 posts
299 upvotes
Dookiesanteria wrote: I didn’t know they were a first time developer, I was driving along Jane when I saw the billboard. Seems like a great deal. No where else in Toronto can you get a new build for 300 thousand.
It's priced according to the location. The likely scenario is there are a few tiny units somewhere in the upper 300's. If it was starting in the low end of the 300's they would definitely mention low 300's.
Just have a look around at sold prices in the area.
Realtor + Investor
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6931 posts
2574 upvotes
Vancouver
Dookiesanteria wrote: I was wondering if anyone knew when these condos near jane and sheppard will be coming up for sale. Also what will the prices be starting at. They say starting from the 300s. Does that mean a one beddrom will be 300 thousand?

I have some money tied up until october, so i was wondering if it will be before than or after.
typically bachelor by the dumpster at the back looking at some kind of garbage site will be at 300K and the rest much more... And don't expect that unit to last as it will be gone before you know it.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6931 posts
2574 upvotes
Vancouver
Shaun80 wrote: The area sucks pretty impoverished . Resale might not be great .
It got a bit better,but it's far from an area a lot of people would want to live. Prices in the area had been rising more than it deserves too. If a family can't afford a 500K property, they have no choice, but to move to a not so nice area in order to be able to afford something. The good thing about it, Logic like that made it better than it was 20 years ago. IMHO, I'd rather be near Sheppard and Jane and Jane/Finch.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
43 posts
35 upvotes
I have a one bedroom condo in Yonge and eglinton that I want to rent out. I was thinking of buying a one bedroom at Yorkwood since I work not to far near Vaughan mills. I find this is a good way for me to be able to have two property’s.

I don’t think there’s any bachelors being built there when I looked at the website. Only 1 and 2 and 3 bedrooms.

I think if 1 bedrooms go for 300 that’s amazing.
Oct 21, 2016
946 posts
717 upvotes
dazz wrote: It got a bit better,but it's far from an area a lot of people would want to live. Prices in the area had been rising more than it deserves too. If a family can't afford a 500K property, they have no choice, but to move to a not so nice area in order to be able to afford something. The good thing about it, Logic like that made it better than it was 20 years ago. IMHO, I'd rather be near Sheppard and Jane and Jane/Finch.
The run down apartments start at Jane and Sheppard and run pretty much continuously on Jane St to Jane and Finch then continue to Steeles . The neighborhoods are interconnected. Know the area well had a summer job at the No Frills in YorkGate mall when I was in high school.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)